Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starrgazer
    This is a Sam's house-related question...

Have any people here seen M&MM on SGA?

Spoiler:
    did anyone notice that the exterior of Mrs. Millers house looks awfully similar to that of Sam's...? I haven't actually found screen shots of both to compare, but it struck me that they looked quite the same...
    Spoiler:

dedicated to stargate

insides doesn't look much alike though, from what i've seen.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
      Can we go with #4 since Sam is a really great character?
      In spoilers,
      Spoiler:
      4. Sam and Teal'c both have too great a respect for Jack. I can't see either of them betraying him that way. Sorry, but even if there has been no 'fishing' the feelings have been at least partially admitted, and Teal'c was there for D & C. Even if he fell in love with her and their friendship grew, I just can't see them crossing that line.
      Spoiler:
      I can't see Teal'c and Sam getting together either. They have a deep friendship but I don't think just because they were on a ship for 50 years means they had to 'hook up'. Sam has gone to him for comfort before...'Paradise Lost' and 'Heroes'. He's always been a rock for her and I think he continued to be. Sam's tried to substitute before and it didn't work...and she looked rather lonely throughout the whole episode to me. And the look at the end...I see a man who has 50 years of life and knowledge that he can't share...it's got to be tough for him. That heartfelt indeed, to me, was him trying to convey how much he wished he could tell them all about what happened... But this is JMHO. I never even considered that ship till I came here and read your posts.

Now Teal'c and Vala-yep I could see that one. Muscles and Sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
        Spoiler:

dedicated to stargate

insides doesn't look much alike though, from what i've seen.
        Which brings up all kinds of scary things about McKay's mental process...

But I won't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          Spoiler:

But there was a point in time when Sam tells Daniel that she had given up. She may have continued working on the device, but maybe at that point she had given up the idea of ever really getting back to their own time and thus a chance to be with Jack. Who knows. It's all speculation, but if I can watch Jack put his hand on Sam's in a briefing scene and hear shippers squee for miles, then Teal'c/Sam shippers should be able to do the same after this episode. But that's just my opinion.

And that will be my last comment on the subject for the day.
          And my opinion too, ForeverSg1. I think that you will find that you aren't alone in this.

FF
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
            Can we go with #4 since Sam is a really great character?
            In spoilers,
            Spoiler:
            4. Sam and Teal'c both have too great a respect for Jack. I can't see either of them betraying him that way.
            Spoiler:
            Sam and Jack aren't together in canon. The "betrayal" would only be evident in S/J fanfic.

Unless and until S/J is made explicit (and current!) in the show (i.e. the films from now on), there's no conflict.
            scarimor

Comment

on Sam/Teal'c. I don't really see romance between them,but I do believe there is a special bond between them. Though compared to some of the people Sam's been shipped with, I think Teal'c is more plausible than Cam, for instance. (shudders) I don't think Sam would be with someone she doesn't respect. And she does respect Teal'c and he respects her.

On AT: Having read the interview with DK on sanctuaryfans.com, I have to say I'm more excited than ever about AT's new character. It really is sounding like AT is getting a chance to do a completely new character and one that will be very interesting and complex--sounds like they haven't forgotten character in their pursuit of cool effects. And it definitely sounds like AT is truly the LEAD. About time!

Comment

Originally posted by pixiesio View Post
                Spoiler:
                Okay, I can see your point on that, but at the same time, I think back to Meridian where everyone was around Daniel until the end.
                yeah but landry doesn't have a bevy of fen that would be up in arms if he got a solitary send off
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  yeah but landry doesn't have a bevy of fen that would be up in arms if he got a solitary send off
                  hey, we sam/teal'c fans live on less than nuggets. we live on 2-3 scenes a YEAR
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

snort...with these PTB????
                    sorry, I'd love to think that they'd acknowledge a almsot decade long storyline, but i'll believe it when i see it.

Rick must own jack's name and has to be paid everytime they mention it, that's the only explanation for why he's joined jonas in the 'shall not be named' arean
                    I was thinking the same. I think I've heard his name mentioned just once this season by Landry. It's just unbelievable that even if this was true, they wouldn't pay to use his name once in awhile since Stargate may never have been if not for RDA accepting the role.

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    There's no disgrace in loving someone you've been "living with" for decades, so I don't get that point.
                    I can't see Teal'c and Sam's relationship anymore than very close friends though much closer than Daniel and Sam. I believe Teal'c and Sam are close due to both having their personal relationships compromised due to the war with the Goa'uld and now the ORI. Teal'c, not Daniel knows what was said between Sam and Jack during the zatarc incident and Sam knows, that he knows, what she and Jack have between them. There's a special trust and deeper closeness because of that. I don't care how many years they are on that ship together, I just can't see an intimate relationship between Teal'c and Sam.

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                    Unending
                    Spoiler:
                    Am I the only one that was at AT2 that at first with the scene with Landry and then the hug from T, went sweet at first and then had a little laugh since that was the scene they were filming when Chris pulled his little prank on AT.
                    OMG forgot all about that!! I must....exit stage left.......be back later
                    Last edited by SG1Poz; 16 March 2007, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                      I totally disagree with you here.

Spoiler:

There is absolutely no proof that Sam and Jack have even entered a relationship with one another. In fact, according to Amanda during a recent Q&A, she said that they hadn't actually done the deed; therefore, one would/could assume that this means at least in her mind that they aren't in a seriously relationship and they definitely aren't married. Therefore, in my opinion if Jack hasn't been man enough to step up and take things into his own hands in the past decade, then more power to Teal'c if he was...and good for Sam. I seem to recall Amanda even joking about this herself in a behind the scenes special.

I believe there has always been a deep affection/friendship between Sam and Teal'c and I can definitely see how a deeper affection may have developed between them over a forty year history. It's definitely a lot more plausible to me than the stupid way they forced Sam & Martouf together in Ripple Effect.

Honestly, I don't really care if Sam & Teal'c get together on or off camera. What bothers me more than anything though is hearing how Sam and Teal'c would be somehow disrespecting Jack if they got together. I'm sure in a non-canon world or AU this could be considered true, but until the writers actually voice that Sam and Jack are in a committed relationship, Sam is a free woman and free to be with anyone she desires.

Whoa there lassie. In this age of liberated woman, why is it that the man should make the first move? Woman are asking men out for dates nowadays. In a way it's both of their faults. I love the character of Sam but let's be fair here and not put all the blame on Jack. They may not have consumated their relationship at the cabin but it doesn't mean they aren't together. There's no proof saying they aren't in a relationship either .

By the way, an early Happy St. Paddy's Day to all those that celebrate it!
                      Last edited by SG1Poz; 16 March 2007, 04:43 PM.

Comment

About Sam and her being lonely on the ship for 50 years. Well she certainly didn't hook up with Thor, VALA, Landry, Cam, Daniel or Teal'c !!!! You know why :
                        Because she had plenty of doohickeys (and Asgard ones to boot) to keep her occupied.

My second favourite ship Sam/doohickey....
                        Last edited by nihela; 16 March 2007, 04:53 PM. Reason: I forgot about Vala

Comment

Originally posted by nihela View Post
                          About Sam and her being lonely on the ship for 50 years. Well she certainly didn't hook up with Thor, Landry, Cam, Daniel or Teal'c !!!! You know why :
                          Because she had Vala

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            Because she had Vala
                            Heheheheh. The fun the two of them could have had with an Asgard matter converter. Heeheheeeheeeeee.

Spoiler:

If it could drum up a cello (no pun intended), then just imagine the possibilities.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

if jack stays in the basement, there WILL be no grace.
                              maybe sam's turned the basement into a love nest?

it's soooo hard -excuse the pun- to stay out of these conversations

now, i went and read that damien kindler interview by myrth and oober... wonderful!! i was sqeeing and bouncing from certain parts of it (describing helen and her coolness ). so thanks super much, ladies.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Just a little heads up thanks to prion for the 2nd Stargate movie:
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=38

Should make a few people happy I'd think

Comment

Working...
                                X