Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    So will someone who's going be able to record it? I'd love to hear Amanda's performance.
    I sincerely doubt it. That's usually prohibited at any live performance.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

10x13
      Spoiler:

Tough to complain about 42 minutes of Amanda.

I was surprised that the only argument they had Sam make against Earth's isolationism was that 'it's wrong'. C'mon, Writers, give her big brain some credit! Given the situation, I really don't think Landry (or many of that Earth's citizens) could be swayed by that. If she wanted to make a more persuasive case, how about mentioning the strategic and historical reasons that isolationism may not be the best policy?

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        I sincerely doubt it. That's usually prohibited at any live performance.
        Yes, but that usually doesn't stop people.

Comment

Yes, but that usually doesn't stop people.
          True. But I wouldn't be part of that. Wouldn't go near it, personally. I find it disrespectful to everyone involved in the production.

Comment

It's not for over a month! You'll be better by then!
            I called my husband as soon as I read this and his first response was 'Cool, I've always wanted to go to Toronto!'

I don't think I'll put my name on the list just yet, but I would really love to see Amanda at this.

So who knows.

Comment

True. But I wouldn't be part of that. Wouldn't go near it, personally. I find it disrespectful to everyone involved in the production.
              I would think that given the nature of this performance's cause, the more people who hear the message, the better.

Comment

I would think that given the nature of this performance's cause, the more people who hear the message, the better.
                Then they'd produce something themselves and plan for broadcast and/or distribution. Regardless, recording a live professional performance without permission is extremely disrespectful and almost always prohibited.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  I called my husband as soon as I read this and his first response was 'Cool, I've always wanted to go to Toronto!'

I don't think I'll put my name on the list just yet, but I would really love to see Amanda at this.

So who knows.
                  That's awesome!

Comment

Oh, I wish it were a little later in the year! There is no way I can justify taking off to Toronto just before the kids have to take standardized tests. This is the first time they've tested, and I want them to be ready. The teacher in me won't allow it. I could always teach in mini's guest room the hotel room, but I know me well enough to know that I wouldn't actually do it. I will want to hear all about it when you get home though.

Any news on Amanda conventions for this summer yet? Hubby is trying to figure out when to schedule his vacation time. Personally, I'm hoping for Shore Leave or Chicago. Shore Leave sounds great, but she was there last year. Chicago is the weekend before my 10th anniversary, so that would be good, too. Of course, I want to go back to New York this fall, so Secaucus will work, too.

Comment

Then they'd produce something themselves and plan for broadcast and/or distribution. Regardless, recording a live professional performance without permission is extremely disrespectful and almost always prohibited.
                      From what I have read, HBO will be airing a version of the play. I doubt it will be the Toronoto one, but it will be broadcast if it hasn't been already.

For those of you who may be Vagina ignorant, like myself, I found this site that gives a bit of insight into the plays.

Vagina Monologues

Comment

Sweet. OK - how about anyone who's going to want to go send me a PM and let me know - but include your email address please because gateworld is tough to use when trying to PM more than one person back int he same session. I (personally) think I'll be going to the Sunday performance at the Phoenix (which is 19+). If others would rather go to the all-ages outreach on Saturday, then let me know in the PM and I'll divide it into two groups so that we can organize. But we'll need to get our collective rears in gear, to have this settled by the 28th (this Sunday). Shouldn't be too hard. How many TO area Samandans can there be, anyway?
                        I read "at" as "in," and just about fell out of my chair there.

Comment

I also think the cause the show is supporting is very important.

Spoiler for sensitive topic.

Spoiler:
                          I have a good friend who is in a shelter right now, hiding with her children, incommunicado and scared. Domestic abuse is horribly prevalent where I live.
                          Last edited by tagger; 25 January 2007, 01:56 PM.
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Yes. And I'd hope Samandans would be more respectful of AT than to do that. (any other performers too)

Comment

Just turned up a bit more info on Sanctuary:

Cast is listed as Amanda Tapping, Robin Dunne and David Hewlett. That may not be the whole cast, though.

ETA: from a description of one of the companies producing the pilot:

a new media company specializing in delivering content over the web. We are in production of our first web series that will start appearing in spring 2007
                              Last edited by parsifal; 25 January 2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Just turned up a bit more info on Sanctuary:

Cast is listed as Amanda Tapping, Robin Dunne and David Hewlett. That may not be the whole cast, though.
                                Wow great cast in my opinion! David Hewlett? really? I think AT and DH have great chemistry! Especially after seeing their performance in RNT...

Spring 2007! Sooner than I thought!!

Comment

Working...
                                X