Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/SamCOTG4.jpg

"Just because my reproductive organs happen to be on the inside and not the outside ...
    just means that I get to do The Vagina Monologues and you don't."

i tried to green you, but the jello's gone.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      I thought we were throwing rice? O.o
      not if you have all those long johns in the way
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Sneaks in---->

For those that don't visit the RDA thread, I thought you might enjoy a little humor tonight:

http://thegiantnapkin.com/macgyver.htm

Sam's awesome!

sneaks out---->
        sigpic

Comment

I finally got a chance to see RNT! Loved the episode that makes three episodes where Amanda has juicy material to work with and just really good episodes all the way around for a lot of characters. These last three episodes have by far been my favorite in the last two seasons! So I am hoping it continues!

Long drawn out thoughts on the episode
          Spoiler:
          Loved that we got to see all aspects of the Sam character ...kickbutt Sam, Scientist Sam, Save the day Sam, Sam standing up for her beliefs!

I loved how the team spent two weeks talking to an empty room!! LOL

Hammond!! He was back and more than just a cameo too. It was nice to see Sam and General Hammond hashing out the latest problems at the SGC Landry was the character I loved to hate and having Hammond take up for him made me want to like him. But the whole dictatorship and refusing to let Sam go home to further his political standing made me dislike him fiercely. Beau did a really good job in this one.

I thought BB also did a really good job playing a messed up soldier.

The Sam and McKay scenes were funny! There was this familiarity between them and it didn't have all that flirtatious McKay in it. I think the two actors have great onscreen chemistry together... No I don't want there to be any romantic or continuous flirting going on next year on Atlantis, but I do like the two bantering back and forth. There has always been this competition between the two characters.

After ten years I was glad they finally did an episode where the SGC went public. I have wondered about it for a long time. This is one of my favorite AU episodes. It was dark, but enough humor to keep it light… I agree with some others the ending was a bit rushed, so I think it could have easily been a two parter, but that would never happen. So I am very happy with the episode. I can see a lot of fic writers adding on to this episode.

And finally back to Amanda... I saw an old clip of Amanda on the Vicky show on Utube earlier today. I'm thinking S4 maybe... in it Amanda was asked what planet or AU she would like to visit. Ok this is me paraphrasing... she said she would like to see Earth in the same time line, but with women who throughout our history were the leaders in our society. Not in any type of feminist soapbox (my paraphrasing there) but just to see if we as a society would be more nurturing and caring. I thought that was really interesting and then watching the episode tonight to be in such contrast. Where the President used all the weapons, technology, ships that once upon a time was used to save earth is now being used to destroy villages on Earth and against it's own citizens. There was still plenty of humor to keep the episode light, but you do see Sam battling against a political group on her own. The shock and disbelief moments at all the changes were right on the mark from Amanda!! So great acting by everyone in the episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Darn it, I would have loved to go But I don't think a theatre would appreciate an audience member who can't stop coughing

**goes off to draw in cough medicine that doesn't work**
            The play is in March, right?! That's quite a lung time away ...

If it really gets annoying, you can always wheeze in and out and hide in the restroom with your drugs ...

My daughter met Kyra Sedgwick in a public restroom ... you may be just as lucky with Amanda!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
              The play is in March, right?! That's quite a lung time away ...

If it really gets annoying, you can always wheeze in and out and hide in the restroom with your drugs ...

My daughter met Kyra Sedgwick in a public restroom ... you may be just as lucky with Amanda!
              Now, that would be a show stopper! I can see it now. Mandy would have poor Amanda locked in the bathroom stall, while she called mini on her cell then Amanda would be bombarded by Samandans. She'd completely miss the second half of her show.

Comment

I purchased the new TVZone Stargate Special Issue today. have not had time to read everything yet but here is a little spoiler for Bounty
                Spoiler:
                Sg-1 ticks off the Lucian Alliance once again. "ur story opens with our heroes on a black ops mission and they blow up a huge convoy of kassa, a crop that the Lucian Alliance is using to corrupt the minds of people throughout the galaxy," says writer Damian Kindler.
                "To keep himself looking like this big, tough guy, the leader of the Lucian Alliance, in a very Tony Soprano-type of way, puts a bounty on the heads of SG-1. This, of course, coincides with the team coming back to Earth, getting a bunch of downtime, and going off to the four corners to do his or her own thing. So, for exmple, Carter attends a science convention where she's presenting a piece of [alien] technology, and Mitchell returns to Kansas for his high school reunion with Vala as his date. It's a very clean, straightforward, fun romp. I always enjoy writing those juicy Earth-based episodes that don't take themselves too seriously, but at the same time the stakes are very real. "
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  I purchased the new TVZone Stargate Special Issue today. have not had time to read everything yet but here is a little spoiler for Bounty
                  Spoiler:
                  Sg-1 ticks off the Lucian Alliance once again. "ur story opens with our heroes on a black ops mission and they blow up a huge convoy of kassa, a crop that the Lucian Alliance is using to corrupt the minds of people throughout the galaxy," says writer Damian Kindler.
                  "To keep himself looking like this big, tough guy, the leader of the Lucian Alliance, in a very Tony Soprano-type of way, puts a bounty on the heads of SG-1. This, of course, coincides with the team coming back to Earth, getting a bunch of downtime, and going off to the four corners to do his or her own thing. So, for exmple, Carter attends a science convention where she's presenting a piece of [alien] technology, and Mitchell returns to Kansas for his high school reunion with Vala as his date. It's a very clean, straightforward, fun romp. I always enjoy writing those juicy Earth-based episodes that don't take themselves too seriously, but at the same time the stakes are very real. "
                  Dumb question here. Aren't Bounty and Bad Guys both Carter free or Carter light?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                    Aren't Bounty and Bad Guys both Carter free or Carter light?
                    Oh, no! I'm not into that diet stuff! Don't give me free or light! It's just not as satisfying.

Comment

Dumb question here. Aren't Bounty and Bad Guys both Carter free or Carter light?
                      I'm pretty sure Bad Guys is the episode that is Carter light, in that they were filming BG at the same time as TRNT. However I believe Bounty has Mitchell/Vala in the A-story and Sam, Teal'c and Daniel in the B-story, but I was under the impression Sam wouldn't be any lighter than Teal'c or Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                        Oh, no! I'm not into that diet stuff! Don't give me free or light! It's just not as satisfying.
                        I take it you prefer a smorgasbord of Sam?

Just like the rest of us
                        -

Comment

I believe Kat is correct and Bad Guys will be Carter light but she will be an active part of the B story in Bounty.

minor spoiler
                          Spoiler:
                          Tapping and Claudia Black are needed on the Odyssey bridge set to shoot a scene for Unending. The two actresses ham it up with each other as they wait for the camera to be positioned. The ease with which Tapping and Black work together is something that translates onscreen.
                          "There is no animosity or weirdness between Sam and Vala," explains Tapping. "There is, however, the potential for them to be buddies, and there are scenes coming up in other stories where the two of them actually try to like each other. They go shopping together and do 'girly' stuff like that. I'm glad the writers have decided to take that route with Sam and Vala, because for Claudia and I it's like, why can't the girls get along? Why can't chicks be friends?"
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

morning all.
                            Just wanna thank you all for the overwelming amount of green I got for posting the caps. Thanks!

This is my all time favorite pic of Sam:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              I take it you prefer a smorgasbord of Sam?

Just like the rest of us
                              Oh, yes.
                              Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              I believe Kat is correct and Bad Guys will be Carter light but she will be an active part of the B story in Bounty.

minor spoiler
                              Spoiler:
                              Tapping and Claudia Black are needed on the Odyssey bridge set to shoot a scene for Unending. The two actresses ham it up with each other as they wait for the camera to be positioned. The ease with which Tapping and Black work together is something that translates onscreen.
                              "There is no animosity or weirdness between Sam and Vala," explains Tapping. "There is, however, the potential for them to be buddies, and there are scenes coming up in other stories where the two of them actually try to like each other. They go shopping together and do 'girly' stuff like that. I'm glad the writers have decided to take that route with Sam and Vala, because for Claudia and I it's like, why can't the girls get along? Why can't chicks be friends?"
                              Spoiler:
                              So I guess the ship they are stuck on is the Odyssey. And maybe Sam's a Col. and she's commanding? Sorry...one can only hope! They go shopping? Girly stuff? I've GOT to see this!

Comment

Just a little fun with the S/V cap from TRNT

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../shoppingb.jpg
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 January 2007, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X