No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure whether this was already posted here, but if you want to show your opinion about these proposed movies outside of GW, go to http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/. They have a poll up right now about this very issue and one of the choices to the question whether you like this idea is "No! No Col. Carter? No Teal'c?"

Originally posted by minigeek
    Ohhhh mannn. I just read the GW homepage about the "possible two feature film sequels" to the original Stargate movie (complete with Spader and Russell). Wow. I can't help but think that would really SUCK. Imagine investing 10 years of your life into a character only to have a couple of other numpties come out and get to do the feature films ! Not to mention the characters that would never make it on screen if that happened (*cough*SamCarter*cough*). That really BITES. Much as I did enjoy that first feature film when it came out, I really hope the pitch for the two sequels with Spader and Russell never ever gets a green light.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      I am not sure whether this was already posted here, but if you want to show your opinion about these proposed movies outside of GW, go to http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/. They have a poll up right now about this very issue and one of the choices to the question whether you like this idea is "No! No Col. Carter? No Teal'c?"
      The thing is, I actually LIKE the idea of the original films. And at the moment, I feel like I'm being a "bad" Sam fan for liking the idea. But I loved the feel of the original film and I really want to see how the original trilogy played out. The series is a totally separate entity and has a completely different feel.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Hey all...a bit OT but I wanted to ask if you'd be willing to voice your thoughts on a thread I started called : RDA and the Third Stargate Incarnation:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ewpost&t=31612

Basically, the suggestion I'm making is that I'd love to see RDA showrun the new spinoff because Gekko added a certain magic that I love and miss.

So if you agree with my assertion...or not (and I'm mostly hearing from those who don't right now), please feel free to respond.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          I voted, "No! No Col. Carter? No Teal'C?". I'd see it with Russell as O'Neill/O'Neil but I'd like to see them add Sam and Teal'C. But that's cause they're my fav characters on the series.

Besides, wouldn't it be frellin' awesome to see Amanda LARGE and IN CHARGE on a BIG SCREEN?!
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
            I was really upset about the movies over the weekend (still am), but I don't see it happening. I really think that the announcement on GW was an attempt to gage fan reactions, and it is obvious that most fans of the series don't want a movie that denies the series existence. The more we fuss about this the less likely it is going to happen!
            Think about what almost happened to Amanda last year. You guys did a great job (sorry I wasn't here yet) letting the PTB know that SG1 without Sam would not be tolerated, and we still have our Sam. I don't think Amanda was trying to play us against them. I think it was an innocent comment that sparked last year's big debate, but it may have been an intentional move by BW and RCC this time around. (If so, good job BW and RCC!) MGM needs to know that we want an SG1 movie or we won't get it. Let's make sure our opinions are well known!
            Of course, this is pure speculation.
            I posted something similiar to this in another thread, but I wouldn't have a problem with there being mulitple Stargate movies. The Stargate was a wonderful creation that offered an immense ability to share many different stories. Just because the stories revolve around the Stargate doesn't mean that each can't be different and entertaining. I would simply think of it as an AU version. We know that the Jack O'neil in the story is not the same as our Jack. His personality is completely different. His name is spelled differently and his son's name is Charlie not Tyler. It's not our Jack, so why would it matter if it our Sam and Teal'c didn't exist in that version of the story. Personally I would be interested in seeing how the original story would have continued had the series not been made. The only way I would be disappointed is if MGM chose not to release a SG-1 movie as well, but seeing as I trust TPTB as far as I can throw them, there is always that possibility. It's just like Scif-Fi throwing another monkey wrench into things by adding a 6-month hiatus between the 10 and 11th episodes this season. Instead of the second half of the season ending in March it may not be starting until March. I mean are these guys trying to give the show the shot in the arm that it needs or are they simply just adding the last nail to its coffin because in my opinion it's the latter.

Personally I think if we get a few mini-series out of this whole deal we'll be lucky. Sadly, I seriously doubt Sam will have a big part in future adventures because the writers don't really seem interested in writing about the science any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
              Well, it looks like I missed something interesting. Now, we need a new Sam topic to discuss, so here's a question. What existing series would you like to see Amanda join after SG1? (Obviously, we would prefer AT have her own new series. This is just for fun.)
              I'd love to see her on Aaron Sorkin's new series Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Maybe as a replacement for Amanda Peet. I think she can take Aaron's words and run with them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                The thing is, I actually LIKE the idea of the original films. And at the moment, I feel like I'm being a "bad" Sam fan for liking the idea. But I loved the feel of the original film and I really want to see how the original trilogy played out. The series is a totally separate entity and has a completely different feel.
                You're not a "bad" Sam fan for saying that. If anyone thinks that...send 'em to me.

I quite enjoy the original movie, but would as I just said, LOVE to see Amanda and Chris on the big screen in the movies, but if they don't make it, I won't go nuts and run on a rampage.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  You're not a "bad" Sam fan for saying that. If anyone thinks that...send 'em to me.
                  I love it that we have an Enforcer here!
                  That's a few notches stronger than Security
                  scarimor

Comment

As for the movie:

I think I am undecided yet. I mean if they use Kurt Rusell as the main lead for playing O'neil. than no thank you for Sam cause I don't think I could get used to see Kurt Rusell and Amanda Tapping next to eachother ( I would miss Richard dean anderson to much). It would be very weird.
                    I mean I love the original movie but if they want to continue that well than they better don't expand it with the serie

If they decide to do a sequel of the serie and work with those actors...than I would say go sam and go amanda tapping

Off course I would love her to see in a movie from Stargate.

Comment

^^ Re: the talk of new sequels to the original "Stargate" movie:

Besides, aren't both Kurt Russell and James Spader getting a bit long in the tooth? Maybe Kurt Russell could pass a grizzled, older Jack O'Neill, but James Spader just doesn't look a the fresh-faced, wide-eyed innocent. The character of Daniel Jackson would have to be completely re-written to account for, oh, the passing of 12 years. He looks 12 years older.

And what about the passing of Viveca Linfors, the original Catherine Langford,--Oh, and let's not forget that Alex Cruz, who played Skaara, is clearly no longer a boy.

Anyhoo...If the writers have to compensate for Spader and Russell--and the others--then why not rewrite the scripts up to the present day and incorporate the events in the series?

I like Sci/Fi. I am usually happy with sequels--but the dismal, boring effort that came out of "Superman Returns" reminds me that "ripeness is all." The sequels would have been great eight, nine, ten years ago. But now? It'd be like "Star Trek: Nemesis"--been there, done that, Riker and Troy old news.

I can't say that I won't go see a sequel if Sam and Teal'c are not a part of it, but it'll take a major mental disjunct to separate MovieLand from TVLand.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                        I agree. I think her comedic talent, especially her timing of delivery is exceptional. A lead role in the next big comedy sit com hit?!!

Anybody got some good ideas?
                        for comedy? No. though I agree with you. She has excellent comic timing.

I'd like to see her in something historical. She'd make a great highwaymanwoman
                        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                          ^^ Re: the talk of new sequels to the original "Stargate" movie:

Besides, aren't both Kurt Russell and James Spader getting a bit long in the tooth? Maybe Kurt Russell could pass a grizzled, older Jack O'Neill, but James Spader just doesn't look a the fresh-faced, wide-eyed innocent. The character of Daniel Jackson would have to be completely re-written to account for, oh, the passing of 12 years. He looks 12 years older.

And what about the passing of Viveca Linfors, the original Catherine Langford,--Oh, and let's not forget that Alex Cruz, who played Skaara, is clearly no longer a boy.

Anyhoo...If the writers have to compensate for Spader and Russell--and the others--then why not rewrite the scripts up to the present day and incorporate the events in the series?

I like Sci/Fi. I am usually happy with sequels--but the dismal, boring effort that came out of "Superman Returns" reminds me that "ripeness is all." The sequels would have been great eight, nine, ten years ago. But now? It'd be like "Star Trek: Nemesis"--been there, done that, Riker and Troy old news.

I can't say that I won't go see a sequel if Sam and Teal'c are not a part of it, but it'll take a major mental disjunct to separate MovieLand from TVLand.

Bucky
                          *headdesk*

Film Spoilers
                          Spoiler:

As the creaters have REPEATEDLY said, not that ANYONE seems to be listening (not personal Bucky, there seem to be a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon without reading the news first), the sequels were meant to be set TWELVE years on anyway. It's just coincidence that it IS now twelve years on. They intended to age Kurt and James with make up.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Peeps if they do use Sam and Teal'c it wouldnt be AT and CJ. Besides in the movie the gate only goes to Abydos so it wouldnt make sense.
                            I hate this movie idea cos after the series started I started liking the way they changes things. Its to wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                              I'm with ya Sky. What were they thinking when they came up with the names for Ben and Lexa's characters? Cam and Lam? I mean really...Sam, Cam, Lam? Were they trying to be cutesy and funny? Cause it just doesn't fly...not with me anyway.
                              And don't forget Dan and Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                                I don't know when TPTB started thinking about Ben, but they wanted to get Claudia even when Farscape was still on air offering her various guest parts. Until Vala's part she was busy with everything else and only in the summer of 2004 she was able to accept the part and fly to Vancouver to film "Prometheus Unbound" episode. TPTB is good with incorporating actors from ANY s-f show - Star Trek, Andromeda, Farscape, Firefly... So you're wrong at least in Claudia's case that they wanted her as a part of the "new!improved!series".
                                I'm thinking they were planning on revamping, rebranding, and recreating the show during the production of S7 when they knew that RDA was on his way out.

So, yeah, I'm thinking that if they wanted both actors around the same time, they were trying to go a different route with the show. Clearly they didn't have plans to mix her into the show a la Corin Nemec.

Comment

Working...
                                X