X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    *dons cute little Spazzy accent*

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

What a day today's been. I've just walked in (Yes, it's ten past one in the morning) after a long day of work, work and departmental meetings and Christmas dinners (our boss paid for all our drinks etc! Well impressed!) and I've got a huge smile on my face thanks to all of you kind, lovely and awesome people. You know who you are and why. Thank you.

Now I've escaped the dreaded marking, work do and mothering combo (my mentor has taken it upon herself to become a second mother to me and is quite upset at the fact that she's - in her words - "losing her adopted daughter" next week, so she's increasing her displays of affection tenfold)... anyway, now I've escaped, it's time to tell you a cute story from today.

I was on the bus from school to the ferry and this gorgeous little 18 month old boy was sat opposite. Really bubbly, he leaned out of his pushchair and said "hello". So I smiled and said hello back.

"Watch Bobidder?" he asked excitedly. I pondered the question for a moment before replying, "No, I don't watch Bob the Builder, I don't have time anymore." I acted upset and he told me, "Bobidder cool. Must watch Bobbidder." I nodded and smile.

Two minutes later, the little chatterbox started again. "Staget. Watch Staget." I looked puzzled but smiled enthusiastically. The little boy clapped his hands in delight and squealed. "Staget coooooooool. Sacatter. Staget Sacatter."

I was completely baffled at this point. I bet you guys have worked it out already, but this little jabbering tot had me lost.

"Sacatter! You like Sacatter?"

"I'm sorry," apologised his mother. "He seems to be obsessed with this TV show called Stargate. It happened to be on one night and this show just sent him into a kind of daze, he was fascinated. Anyway, it was this one character in particular that seemed to pacify him, Sam Carter. That's what he's trying to tell you. Stargate, Sam Carter. Now, listening to Sam is part of his bedtime routine. It chills him out and he won't go to sleep without it. It's like a lullaby for him!"

I thought that was the cutest story!
    That is sooooo cute...It really made me smile... TJ that must have been so great to go through that after a day of work... you got the love little kids they are so honest
    And not bad for a bedtime routine I do that too honestly I put SG on to hear the voices and then I fall asleep easily...

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    You do realise Jack just shot Sam and Janet and is now shacked up with RepliCarter, don't you?
    and honestly what is wrong with that?!? RepliCarter and Jack...yummie

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
    I have got to stop drinking things when I hit that *show* key!

Blue422
    Yes really never drink while going to Samanda!!! this really should be a warning when you join Samanda though!!!
    Btw Welcome here glad you found us

that is it for my delurking for today

Comment

What a day today's been. I've just walked in (Yes, it's ten past one in the morning) after a long day of work, work and departmental meetings and Christmas dinners (our boss paid for all our drinks etc! Well impressed!) and I've got a huge smile on my face thanks to all of you kind, lovely and awesome people. You know who you are and why. Thank you.

Now I've escaped the dreaded marking, work do and mothering combo (my mentor has taken it upon herself to become a second mother to me and is quite upset at the fact that she's - in her words - "losing her adopted daughter" next week, so she's increasing her displays of affection tenfold)... anyway, now I've escaped, it's time to tell you a cute story from today.

I was on the bus from school to the ferry and this gorgeous little 18 month old boy was sat opposite. Really bubbly, he leaned out of his pushchair and said "hello". So I smiled and said hello back.

"Watch Bobidder?" he asked excitedly. I pondered the question for a moment before replying, "No, I don't watch Bob the Builder, I don't have time anymore." I acted upset and he told me, "Bobidder cool. Must watch Bobbidder." I nodded and smile.

Two minutes later, the little chatterbox started again. "Staget. Watch Staget." I looked puzzled but smiled enthusiastically. The little boy clapped his hands in delight and squealed. "Staget coooooooool. Sacatter. Staget Sacatter."

I was completely baffled at this point. I bet you guys have worked it out already, but this little jabbering tot had me lost.

"I'm sorry," apologised his mother. "He seems to be obsessed with this TV show called Stargate. It happened to be on one night and this show just sent him into a kind of daze, he was fascinated. Anyway, it was this one character in particular that seemed to pacify him, Sam Carter. That's what he's trying to tell you. Stargate, Sam Carter. Now, listening to Sam is part of his bedtime routine. It chills him out and he won't go to sleep without it. It's like a lullaby for him!"

That's soo cute...*thinks about converting her little cousins*

You do realise Jack just shot Sam and Janet and is now shacked up with RepliCarter, don't you?
      It's good to...she looks like Sam and is also good...and in some way it's still sam and Jack So i can live with that...
      sigpic

Comment

Yes really never drink while going to Samanda!!! this really should be a warning when you join Samanda though!!!

OMG! Eve it's me! MegYn. For a minute there I was like "Wait a sec, which forum am I on?"

Blue422
        sigpic

Comment

OMG! Eve it's me! MegYn. For a minute there I was like "Wait a sec, which forum am I on?"

Blue422
          Yay I confused someone already today(watch out tonight mandy lol) great mission accomplished...and like I said nice to see you here too Megyn
          btw we have a shipper thread on GW too and we love new members maybe you should check it out http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8580
          Hey I can promote threads here and remember it has Sam in it too and I know what a BIG shipper Megyn is so...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            Yay I confused someone already today(watch out tonight mandy lol) great mission accomplished...and like I said nice to see you here too Megyn
            btw we have a shipper thread on GW too and we love new members maybe you should check it out http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8580
            Hey I can promote threads here and remember it has Sam in it too and I know what a BIG shipper Megyn is so...
            Me? A Shipper?.......................

...Yeah... HUGE

Hopeless really LoL.

It never distracted me from the sheer awesomeness (is that even a word?) of the show as a whole, but yep must confess - shipper here.
            sigpic

Comment

I have got to stop drinking things when I hit that *show* key!

Blue422
              Hee!

and honestly what is wrong with that?!? RepliCarter and Jack...yummie
              Indeedy. She would eat him for breakfast. Spiced O'Neill on Toast.

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
              And yet...... That would still be HOT.
              That's what I just said
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                it ain't gonna work, shim. when i DO go darkside, i do pairings like x/y and w/p and o/e and other taboo thingers.

sally
                Sally, you do o/e????? I never would have guessed!

I love your story and Strix's story too! I bet these men like Sam for a lot more than just Amanda's beauty. Men actually like to see capable strong women on t.v. My hubby says Sam is hotter because of her high IQ and big guns. Now, he thinks she is a beautiful woman, too.

Blue422
                O.K., that settles it! Eve knows everyone! And, yes, GateGirl422 the shipper family would love to have you!

Comment

the birthday list should be back. it kinda got accidentally turned off
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey

I made another Sam pic, the pics are from the episode Divide and Conquer

There are two versions, a 'normal' one and a 'pink' one

I hope you like them
                    sigpic

Comment

Blue422
                      You mean there are other forums that have rodents running rampant
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Now, how do you know that Janet wasn't with RepliCarter?

Comment

Well, I realized that I never posted my Sam wallpaper I made awhile back. So, here it is!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                            Hey

I made another Sam pic, the pics are from the episode Divide and Conquer

There are two versions, a 'normal' one and a 'pink' one

I hope you like them
                            I love these - great job! To me, this is one of the defining moments of the Sam and Jack arc (*if* you should subscribe to the Sam and Jack arc).
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 December 2006, 12:10 PM.

Comment

[SIZE="3And not bad for a bedtime routine I do that too honestly I put SG on to hear the voices and then I fall asleep easily... [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]that is it for my delurking for today
                              AT has a great voice. One time I was home sick and listened to Proof Positive while I lay on the couch b/c it was so soothing. Kids always love the sound of their mom's voice, but Olivia definitely is lucky in that department.

Glad you delurked RepliC

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

(Re: falling asleep by end of "Solitudes" ...) Most of season nine works that way for me.

ROTFLOL I'll drink to that! RA, where's the sloe gin?!

Comment

Working...
                                X