Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    "I'm sorry," apologised his mother. "He seems to be obsessed with this TV show called Stargate. It happened to be on one night and this show just sent him into a kind of daze, he was fascinated. Anyway, it was this one character in particular that seemed to pacify him, Sam Carter. That's what he's trying to tell you. Stargate, Sam Carter. Now, listening to Sam is part of his bedtime routine. It chills him out and he won't go to sleep without it. It's like a lullaby for him!"

I thought that was the cutest story!
    OMG, that's so CUTE!!!!!!!
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      Most of season nine works that way for me.

"Collateral Damage" is the only episode to put me to sleep first viewing.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post

Oooooh....well...what can one say to that...but look...she's still smiling...maybe she likes to "arm wrestle" with Jack...a little rough play is good for the soul...isn't it?...ok...slinking back to the gutter!
        Oh, you are sooooo right!!!
        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
        Hic Comitas Regit
        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          S/Jt/V = S/Jt > S/V > S/C > S/J

in mine

Spoiler:
          I always have to cover my eyes after watching Vala pull out that sword! Poor, poor Jack!

Oh no you DI'INT!

Spoiler:
          Yesh! That's more like it, Mini! Were did you find this? I love it.

Who else thinks this looks nothing like Carter?

http://www.phoenix-icons.com/samanth...form-p-869.htm

Or is it just me?

The Diamond ones, otoh, are pretty sweet.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2250/d5215zj2.jpg
          http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4548/d2024my0.jpg
          **raises hand** Me! Me! I thought about getting some, but Carter does not look like Carter.

*dons cute little Spazzy accent*

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

What a day today's been. I've just walked in (Yes, it's ten past one in the morning) after a long day of work, work and departmental meetings and Christmas dinners (our boss paid for all our drinks etc! Well impressed!) and I've got a huge smile on my face thanks to all of you kind, lovely and awesome people. You know who you are and why. Thank you.

Now I've escaped the dreaded marking, work do and mothering combo (my mentor has taken it upon herself to become a second mother to me and is quite upset at the fact that she's - in her words - "losing her adopted daughter" next week, so she's increasing her displays of affection tenfold)... anyway, now I've escaped, it's time to tell you a cute story from today.

I was on the bus from school to the ferry and this gorgeous little 18 month old boy was sat opposite. Really bubbly, he leaned out of his pushchair and said "hello". So I smiled and said hello back.

"Watch Bobidder?" he asked excitedly. I pondered the question for a moment before replying, "No, I don't watch Bob the Builder, I don't have time anymore." I acted upset and he told me, "Bobidder cool. Must watch Bobbidder." I nodded and smile.

Two minutes later, the little chatterbox started again. "Staget. Watch Staget." I looked puzzled but smiled enthusiastically. The little boy clapped his hands in delight and squealed. "Staget coooooooool. Sacatter. Staget Sacatter."

I was completely baffled at this point. I bet you guys have worked it out already, but this little jabbering tot had me lost.

"Sacatter! You like Sacatter?"

"I'm sorry," apologised his mother. "He seems to be obsessed with this TV show called Stargate. It happened to be on one night and this show just sent him into a kind of daze, he was fascinated. Anyway, it was this one character in particular that seemed to pacify him, Sam Carter. That's what he's trying to tell you. Stargate, Sam Carter. Now, listening to Sam is part of his bedtime routine. It chills him out and he won't go to sleep without it. It's like a lullaby for him!"

It is the cutest story ever! I'm going to raise my kids (none yet) on Stargate like my mom raised me on Indiana Jones.

Comment

My last post for the night (hopefully)! I found this lovely pic, and wanted to share. I was looking for a close up of Jack, but stopped on this cap. Don't ask me why I was looking in my caps of "Grace" for Jack pics. I knew I wouldn't find many.

These other two are being posted because I didn't just want to post one.

Comment

"Sacatter! You like Sacatter?"

Oh wow, a little friend for my three-year-old Sam obsessive She'd be doing Strix's tap-dance too
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                My preferred ships are ...
                Spoiler:

Sam/P-90, Sam/Jello, Sam/Doohickeys
                Thank you, I made 'em
                Ahhhhhh...
                Spoiler:
                Sam/BIG GUN = swoon-worthy
                Well...my preferred ship is
                Spoiler:
                definitely Sam and Jack...but I love the guns and doohickeys too!!

I found this photo up on the AmandaTappingFanClub site and I couldn't help myself. After looking at it for a few seconds, I decided it would be a great ad for the 'just say no' campaign.
                Here's another photo from ATfanclub that caught my eye...
                Cool pics...thanks for posting them...
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Please everyone ignore me while I test things around here. Hopefully I won't crash the system whilst doing so.

Curse my computer! You all post so often, and I can't quite keep up just yet. Hopefully after Christmas it will be sorted. I had to postpone *fixing things* because someone put Christmas in the way. Postage to South Africa - insane!

Oh look at me I was supposed to start work like 8 minutes ago... yeah not done that yet...

Blue422
                  Last edited by PengYn; 13 December 2006, 02:23 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh no you DI'INT!

Spoiler:
                    Yay...me likey lots!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

*plugs ears and sings*
                      "CHIPMUNKS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE......"
                      Oh great...now I'll be singing that on christmas eve instead of the original version...thanks mini
                      Amanda's absolute best on screen chemistry thus far has in my humble opinion been with Richard.
                      Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                      Right on mini!! I agree. While I've never seen Amanda & Rick on stage to gether at a con, I do like the chemistry they've ALWAYS had on screen as Sam and Jack. It's subtle and slowly built up over the years. For me it's more about the fact that they are 1st really great friends and 2nd they love each other, beyond the "let's get it on" sexual attraction aspect of a ship.
                      But right now, the thing I'd LOVE to see most from Amanda is her in a good comedy! I think she'd FRELLIN' ROCK!!!
                      I agree with both of you!!
                      Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                      ARGH! Ever since that last forum upgrade a month or two ago, I keep getting booted out of here at work. Usually don't even try to come here because even just surfing the forum it closes the IE window and gives me the box asking if I'd like to report the problem to MS..... And it only happens here at GW; no other sites... Had everyone's posts quoted and it booted me out.... will try to answer and do this once before it decides to close down again!
                      So I'm not the only one....and why don't we have the birthday list anymore??
                      Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                      Am I the only one who finds the sudden invasion of our thread by scantily clad rodents just a tad bit disturbing?
                      Nope...it is kinda freaky aint it! Speaking of rodents...we have two huge ones playing tag on the roof right this minute...those darn possums are such noisy beggers!!

Good night Samandans...hope you all have a great day/night...take care, be safe and be happy!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok since when does this thread have only 4 **** (Someone doesn't love us!!!)
                        Rectifying the situation ...

Comment

Oh no you DI'INT!

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          Yay...me likey lots!!
                          You do realise Jack just shot Sam and Janet and is now shacked up with RepliCarter, don't you?
                          scarimor

Comment

You do realise Jack just shot Sam and Janet and is now shacked up with RepliCarter, don't you?
                            I have got to stop drinking things when I hit that *show* key!

Blue422
                            sigpic

Comment

And yet...... That would still be HOT.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

And yet...... That would still be HOT.
                                I was JUST thinking that!

Blue422
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X