No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I finally got to watch Uninvited. First of all, O/T that name to me sounds like a horror film (wasn't there a movie called "The Uninvited" or somethng?), but also it always makes me think of that song from Alanis Morrisette that says "Your Uninvited".... Anywho, back on t,

Spoiler:
    I didn't think it was that great of an ep. however, it was kind of interesting, especially those creatures, ech! Sam wasn't in it as much as I would have liked, but Amanda did a good job as always. I liked when Sam was explaining to Vala about the creatures.

I am so looking forward to seeing 200. I hope it's as good as I want it to be
    Spoiler:
    anxious to see that fantasy wedding between Jack and Sam
    I only have to wait a few more hours.
    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Wow. It sure is quiet here at Samanda. Is everyone excited about 200 or scared to death of it? LOL

And I'm not talking to the ones who have been spoiled to the max here.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Wow. It sure is quiet here at Samanda. Is everyone excited about 200 or scared to death of it? LOL

I won't let myself get escited. I'm avoideing the blow by blow spoiler site so I can go into the ep with a bit of hope. Not too much because I don't wanna be disappointed.

I'm over being scared too. <sigh> I'll be sad if I'm disappointed.

Remind me of this post if I'm raging tomorrow night.

Suse

I keep feeling like I should say "Abandon hope all ye who enter here."
        No. not Samanda! Episode 200!

But still hope I laugh. A lot. And not mockingly, but with enjoyment.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I'm around, just sitting here contemplating the wierd, crazy state of the Stargate franchise. There have been a lot of interesting comments and information from a variety of different individuals lately. Hmmm. Things are just in this wierd state of uncertainty and flux.........

And I'm really excited about 200 (which is very nice for a change.) I used to get excited about SG-1 episodes all the time. <--- Look, emoticons.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
            I'm around, just sitting here contemplating the wierd, crazy state of the Stargate franchise. There have been a lot of interesting comments and information from a variety of different individuals lately. Hmmm. Things are just in this wierd state of uncertainty and flux.........
            Like what? Like the stuff RDA's hinting at for instance???
            And I'm really excited about 200 (which is very nice for a change.) I used to get excited about SG-1 episodes all the time. <--- Look, emoticons.
            You using emoticons twice in one week. Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Like what? Like the stuff RDA's hinting at for instance???
              Yeah, some of that stuff for sure. RDA is literally all over the place right now, and he keeps saying the darndest things. I can't remember the show or RDA himself ever getting this much publicity. It's good publicity, too.

There's also some interesting business stuff in a Hollywood Reporter article that was posted in the news section. Did anyone else here think that Scifi's contribution to SG-1's production budget was as little as 1/3?

Comment

Yeah, some of that stuff for sure. RDA is literally all over the place right now, and he keeps saying the darndest things. I can't remember the show or RDA himself ever getting this much publicity. It's good publicity, too.

There's also some interesting business stuff in a Hollywood Reporter article that was posted in the news section. Did anyone else here think that Scifi's contribution to SG-1's production budget was as little as 1/3?
                Wow. No. I didn't know that.

Okay so then where's the rest of the money coming from? Was it always like this? Because, as I understand it, they wanted Jonas gone and he was gone. Do they have the kind of power to demand cast changes still/now?

Comment

Now the Terlene and Minnie show would be great! I can see it on NBC in the Thursday night line up (which was once the best comedy line up on t.v.). I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    lucille ball has been brought up before, and i've asked this question before; where did amanda say that lucy was an actress she liked? i've read all of amanda's interviews, and i don't remember her stating this. link please?

sally
                    Sorry, I got it here a few weeks ago. The idea for AT in a remake just popped into my mind this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                      Oh, I have no doubts about AT doing a great job! She always gives 100%! I just want her new costars and writers to do a good job, too.

This morning, I was thinking about how much AT loves Lucille Ball and about how many classic movies have been remade (and modernized) lately. I'd love to see AT remake a Lucille Ball movie. Unfortunately, my top choice Yours, Mine, and Ours has already been done. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Mame or The Long, Long Trailer, but I don't know how they could modernize them. Anybody have any ideas on a classic remake (or am I the only one who watches old movies)?
                      How about My Man Godfrey with Amanda in the Carole Lombard role and RDA in the William Powell role. I would go and see that.

I liked The Front Page suggestion too
                      sigpic

Comment

Like what? Like the stuff RDA's hinting at for instance???You using emoticons twice in one week. Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Oooh. What stuff?

And where? Links!

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Wow. No. I didn't know that.

Okay so then where's the rest of the money coming from? Was it always like this? Because, as I understand it, they wanted Jonas gone and he was gone. Do they have the kind of power to demand cast changes still/now?
                          MGM ponies up the rest of the production money. At least according to the article. I, too, am surprised at the amount of control that Scifi seems to have over SG-1 given that financial arrangement. Their position as broadcaster seems to be more valuable to MGM than any financial contributions. Also, I think that Scifi uses the possible cancellation of Atlantis (before that show hits the magic 100 episode syndication number) to leverage their interests.

As for the Corin Nemec issue, I remain silent. I have my own suspicions, but I'll continue to keep them to myself. They're not nice to anybody. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                            Can you see Amanda in 'the birds' or in 'rear window'. I think that she would do great in such a thrillers!!!
                            Oh, me too! I'd like to see that. I've never heard of most of the shows and movies you guys are throwing out, but I think a thriller or action movie would be great. And playing a character with a sense of humor...even better!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                              I know I live in the city where it's filmed and I always said that one day Amanda would visit the set and I'd be out of town... guess where I was when she visited it last year? Down in London for GABIT!!! Lol, I guess I was right!
                              Yeah but you saw her at Gabit so.... no big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4838/smilesf2.jpg

Here's one of my favourite Sam pics

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4725/amanda22bl5.jpg

and here's one of my favourite of Amanda
                                Thanks for the pics!!! I love them *is all warm and fuzzy inside *

Comment

Working...
                                X