No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, if I had to pick a remake... I bet Amanda would act the socks off of Dark Victory. (Bette Davis, 1939--spunky but dying heiress--great tear jerker)

Or for a comedy role--one of Carole Lombard's movies like Nothing Sacred. (1937)

(are you seeing my definition of old and classic? )

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
      Here is an in-depth review of the 200th. Plus pics I hadn't seen yet. More from Sam
      Spoiler:
      I like Sam's hair style as a Star Trek character
      But the puppets are... freaky

Congrats Deejay!!!!
      Thanks for posting this link, but is anyone else troubled by the fact that

Spoiler:

other than Sam's mention of an invisible Jack we don't even see RDA in this episode until what seems about 40mins into the show? If this is actually the case, I'm going to be highly disappointed.

Comment

This is totally OT, but I need help and it does involve Sam indirectly so it's not completley oK.

Put in spoilers for space.
        Spoiler:

Being the idiot I am, I've recently purchased a Stargate Novel through Ebay. I didn't realize Fandemonium actually ships to the US now and so a few weeks ago I purchased the newest SG-1 book on Ebay. I ended up buying the book for double the price it costs on Fandemonium's website. I know, I-D-I-O-T! Oh well. What's done is done. Anyway, I had hoped it would get here by the 23rd so I could read it on my trip to California, but today I recieved an email stating that the shipping cost that was stated for the item was incorrect and he now wants me to send him even more money to ship the item to the US. However, the page stated that he would ship to the US and only one price had been given in the receipt. So now I'm going to end up paying nearly three times what the book costs. GRUMBLE. I've already asked the seller to cancel my order and give me back my money because I'm not paying more, but his response to me was that he can ship the book to the UK for what I've already paid and asked for an address.

What the hell? I've already sent him my address in the US. So now he expects me to give him an address in the UK? What the hell good is that going to do me? Gah. Oh well. At this point in time, I'm about to just chalk it up as a loss and be done with it. But I was hoping maybe I could find someone who lives in the UK and who is going to Gabit/Avalon who wouldn't mind accepting the book for me and bringing it to one of the cons? I don't even mind you reading the book in the meantime. I'm just trying to salvage some of the money I've already loss in my opinion.

So if anyone is willing to do this for me, please send me an email or PM. I'd like to give the seller an address as soon as possible so I can be done with it before I leave for vacation next week. Big thanks.

ETA: Nevermind, please ignore the above rant. Tracy Jane has been kind enough to help me out. I know it's silly to get angry about these kind of things. I could just have easily paid the money, but it's a matter of principle. I hate feeling as if someone is taking advantage of me. Anyway, sorry for the whining.

Kat
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 17 August 2006, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
          Oh, I have no doubts about AT doing a great job! She always gives 100%! I just want her new costars and writers to do a good job, too.

This morning, I was thinking about how much AT loves Lucille Ball and about how many classic movies have been remade (and modernized) lately. I'd love to see AT remake a Lucille Ball movie. Unfortunately, my top choice Yours, Mine, and Ours has already been done. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Mame or The Long, Long Trailer, but I don't know how they could modernize them. Anybody have any ideas on a classic remake (or am I the only one who watches old movies)?
          Nope stay away from the remakes!!!! I really hate remakes of old movies!! They are never as good as the old!!!
          So I rather not see Amanda in a remake. But well that is my oppinion.
          But if I had to chooce a remake of a movie I want Amanda in it, I would love to see her in some re-makes of the old Hitchcock-movies.
          Can you see Amanda in 'the birds' or in 'rear window'. I think that she would do great in such a thrillers!!! I certainly would love to see her in that. I mean they are now my favourit movies but if Amanda would be in them... I think it also would be something totally different from Stargate imo
          Or maybe 'Rebecca' from Hitchcock, has something more drama and romance in it.

Comment

Oh, AT in a Bette Davis role! That would rock! (I like Bette Davis, too.) Also, love the idea of a Hitchcock movie or Aliens. I'm afraid that I've never seen The Wicked Lady. I'll do a search for that one.

Comment

I'm afraid that I've never seen The Wicked Lady. I'll do a search for that one.
              I'm just craving AT as a highwayman.

1945 film starring Margaret Lockwood.
              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                I'm just craving AT as a highwayman.

1945 film starring Margaret Lockwood.
                Thanks, I just looked up a review for the movie. It would be fun to see her in that type of role. We know she can play wicked well (Replicarter).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  This is totally OT, but I need help and it does involve Sam indirectly so it's not completley oK.

Spoiler:

Being the idiot I am, I've recently purchased a Stargate Novel through Ebay. I didn't realize Fandemonium actually ships to the US now and so a few weeks ago I purchased the newest SG-1 book on Ebay. I ended up buying the book for double the price it costs on Fandemonium's website. I know, I-D-I-O-T! Oh well. What's done is done. Anyway, I had hoped it would get here by the 23rd so I could read it on my trip to California, but today I recieved an email stating that the shipping cost that was stated for the item was incorrect and he now wants me to send him even more money to ship the item to the US. However, the page stated that he would ship to the US and only one price had been given in the receipt. So now I'm going to end up paying nearly three times what the book costs. GRUMBLE. I've already asked the seller to cancel my order and give me back my money because I'm not paying more, but his response to me was that he can ship the book to the UK for what I've already paid and asked for an address.

What the hell? I've already sent him my address in the US. So now he expects me to give him an address in the UK? What the hell good is that going to do me? Gah. Oh well. At this point in time, I'm about to just chalk it up as a loss and be done with it. But I was hoping maybe I could find someone who lives in the UK and who is going to Gabit/Avalon who wouldn't mind accepting the book for me and bringing it to one of the cons? I don't even mind you reading the book in the meantime. I'm just trying to salvage some of the money I've already loss in my opinion.

So if anyone is willing to do this for me, please send me an email or PM. I'd like to give the seller an address as soon as possible so I can be done with it before I leave for vacation next week. Big thanks.

ETA: Nevermind, please ignore the above rant. Tracy Jane has been kind enough to help me out. I know it's silly to get angry about these kind of things. I could just have easily paid the money, but it's a matter of principle. I hate feeling as if someone is taking advantage of me. Anyway, sorry for the whining.

Kat
                  It's not silly. It's a matter of principal. I hope you'll be giving the seller negative feedback. A lot of people take that into consideration when buying, and it may save someone else from going through the same thing.

Comment

Spoiler:

Kat
                    I think its not OT to warn people of this at all...and as I see Tracey Jane has agreed to help you out already, I won't make the same offer and I hope after all that you enjoy the book.
                    sigpic
                    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Thanks for posting this link, but is anyone else troubled by the fact that

Spoiler:

other than Sam's mention of an invisible Jack we don't even see RDA in this episode until what seems about 40mins into the show? If this is actually the case, I'm going to be highly disappointed.
                      In the detailed spoilers I read...

Spoiler:

Even though General O'Neill doesn't seem to show until 2/3rds of the way through, there does seem to be some Colonel O'Neill in various guises before this (Furlings, puppets).

And we get to see General O'Neill wearing an SG1 patch in the end scene on some of the photos I saw (which cracked me up because my mind immediately went to the who should lead debate and I'm thinking if Jack has always still been a member of SG1 doesn't this mean he's still leader and not Mitchell? General outranking Lt Col and all that )

sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                        Even more good news for me:

I just talked to the director of human resourses at work. She said they'd be delighted to have me back, and that the next orientation class starts Monday! I have to fill out an application, but that's just a formality. I am good to go!

It may mean I'll be a little more scarce around here, especially at first. I figure going back to work after 14 months will be exhausting. But I am SO happy to be a productive member of society again!
                        Deejay, that's such great news! I'm very happy for you.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          lol, sif not use teh l33t smileys They pwn teh noobs
                          lmao

I never used to know what any of that meant, however since becoming involved in the online gaming world I have heard n00b directed at me far too often from the l33ts . I am not l33t, and I don't care, but in online MMORPG's you are virtually not supposed to play the game unless you are one of the elite players. I only discovered what pwned meant by guessing, as it sounded very much like a mispelling of owned. In an MMO, 'owned' (or the purposeful mispelling pwned) basically means you've beaten a particular part of the game in an impressive way.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Oh, I have no doubts about AT doing a great job! She always gives 100%! I just want her new costars and writers to do a good job, too.

This morning, I was thinking about how much AT loves Lucille Ball and about how many classic movies have been remade (and modernized) lately. I'd love to see AT remake a Lucille Ball movie. Unfortunately, my top choice Yours, Mine, and Ours has already been done. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated version of Mame or The Long, Long Trailer, but I don't know how they could modernize them. Anybody have any ideas on a classic remake (or am I the only one who watches old movies)?
                            How about the non-musical version of Mame, 'Auntie Mame', made famous by Rosiland Russell. Or - 'The Front Page' a wonderful comedy w/Rosiland Russell and Cary Grant. She'd be great in a re-make of either one of those. They're making a lot of re-makes of TV shows - how about a re-make of 'Murder She Wrote' and she'd play Jessica Fletcher, the role Angela Lansbury did so beautifully for 14 years. Angela Lansbury could play Jessica Fletcher's Aunt or mother.

Just some thoughts.

Comment

season 9 episode Babylon:

Spoiler:
                              I can't find a lot to discuss about Sam because she barely seemed to be in it . She was in a few nice action shots at the beginning though.

Otherwise I quite liked the episode, it seemed to be a fairly good storyline, even though the supposed plot twists could be seen coming from miles away. I guess the characterisation of Cameron is supposed to show determination and an ability to continue enduring anything. I guess this ep was ok in that it introduced us to his character a bit more, which has been sorely lacking in the first few eps where he's just flung into it without us getting to know him.
                              One thing that I do like is that while obviously he is meant to be the commanding officer, Sam never calls him Colonel, only Cameron, and he never calls her Colonel, only Sam. In comparison, when Jack was leader of SG1 they only referred to each other by their ranks, and Sam rarely ever called him anything but Sir, which seemed appropriate for the fact that they were two different ranking officers.I don't think that would suit the new situation, it just seems more fitting for two Lt Colonels to lose the titles and go by first names. I hope that Cameron's leadership doesn't become too overpowering over future episodes, because at the moment I'm quite enjoying the vaguely equal ground that Cam and Sam seem to be sharing when it comes to being leader.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
                                how about a re-make of 'Murder She Wrote' and she'd play Jessica Fletcher, the role Angela Lansbury did so beautifully for 14 years. Angela Lansbury could play Jessica Fletcher's Aunt or mother.
                                Isn't Amanda a bit young for that?
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X