No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, I see that this special event has already been posted (reading backwards) but I'll leave this up anyhow!

This just appeared in my email from Kamil, Amanda's official webmaster:

The Gabit Events website at www.gabitevents.co.uk has just launched the
    portion of their site with the official info on Avalon 2006 (November
    24-26, 2006), a convention for Amanda and Richard Dean Anderson that's
    going to be held in Wells, United Kingdom
    . So go there and find out for
    yourself.

As for Amanda's site (www.amandatapping.com) we also have the official
    information on it. What we also have, just as obviously the official
    Avalon pages do, is Amanda's official statement confirming that she is
    going to attend Avalon 2006.

So please do read it.
    Kamil

What a weekend! They're calling it Avalon - held in a medieval town with a magnificient cathedral. I believe part of the event is in the royal palace/castle - sounds like the kingdom of Samanda, eh?! Go check the details. This will be coordinated by the GABIT4 the weekend after GABIT2 in London!

RDA's only convention commitment and monies raised for his and Amanda's pet charities all weekend. Quite an event!
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 10 June 2006, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Well, CG, they're calling it Avalon because it's being held in Avalon. Season Nine spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:

When Daniel is giving the briefing in the season opener, he says Glastonbury (although pronounces it horribly, to my recollection) and the image behind him is of a tower on a hill. It's under there that they fight the black knight and everything.

Well that's where the convention is being held. Within sight of the Glastonbury Tor.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
        Okay I have a what if question for you.

If you could write an exexcutive from say SciFi and/or Sony and you knew for a fact it would be read as long as it is not to long what would you say about SG-1 & Atlantis?

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
        If I could write an executive? What, like a real person fanfic? Ummm, I guess PDL would be easy to characterise given his humour and stuff, and I'd use it to make the point that his humour is a bit... off. I guess. It's a very strange question, though! Kudos for originality, writing an exectutive....
        I think I should clear something up here, to someone whe studies (or studied, cause she's finished ) linguistics the AN makes it sound like you are writing about an executive not TO and executive
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          I think I should clear something up here, to someone whe studies (or studied, cause she's finished ) linguistics the AN makes it sound like you are writing about an executive not TO and executive
          "Sorry, Tracy is currently hanging her head in shame. Please leave a message after the beep"

(Thanks for clearing that up, Mandy. I'm such a dumb Brit )
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Well, CG, they're calling it Avalon because it's being held in Avalon. Season Nine spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:

When Daniel is giving the briefing in the season opener, he says Glastonbury (although pronounces it horribly, to my recollection) and the image behind him is of a tower on a hill. It's under there that they fight the black knight and everything.

Well that's where the convention is being held. Within sight of the Glastonbury Tor.
            Hey there, yeah, I thought they were making references to S9 and 10. But I hope that wasn't the reason for the choice of venue. I don't want to think of them connected to S9 and 10 right now.

My Sam and Jack are still back at the cabin, fishing.

Comment

"Sorry, Tracy is currently hanging her head in shame. Please leave a message after the beep"

(Thanks for clearing that up, Mandy. I'm such a dumb Brit )
              No problem TJ (just don't forget that heal vote )
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, who is your favorite AU Sam?

Mine would have to be Sam from TBFTGOG.
                *She was super smart.
                *Considering the Goa'uld were invading, she still seemed nice, just like our Sam!
                *Even though she was in a relationship with Jack, it didn't affect her work. She was professional.
                *She sacrificed her life for her cause-she was very brave.
                *This might not count, but I liked her hair!

I'd have to rewatch the episode to come up with more, but those stuck out in my mind.

Who's yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Well sorry I've been online and watching some tv at the same time so grammar and spell were not the best. So I will go back and delete the offensive post and would ask that anyone that has quoted me to please delete it from your post. I'll be sure in the future to not post in the thread unless I watch my grammar and spelling.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

what would i say

a) Please dont' discount the intelligence of stargate - or any scifi - fans
                    b) Please don't think that we're easily bought off with flashy sfx, a good plot carries far more weight
                    c) Please tone down the sex.
                    d) What drew many to the show was the interactions between the characters, not the space ships or fancy graphics. A story about the pretties is easily ignored, a story about the charactres is hard to forget
                    e) Please, please, please write REAL women. not charictures, not cliches
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle

Mine would have to be Sam from TBFTGOG.
                      *She was super smart.
                      *Considering the Goa'uld were invading, she still seemed nice, just like our Sam!
                      *Even though she was in a relationship with Jack, it didn't affect her work. She was professional.
                      *She sacrificed her life for her cause-she was very brave.
                      *This might not count, but I liked her hair!

I'd have to rewatch the episode to come up with more, but those stuck out in my mind.

Who's yours?
                      my fave au sam is geek sam.....just cause she's so danged cute

I think it coulda been fun to see insecure geeky sam come into her own, like if they'd have continued the episode and she went on another adventure
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        what would i say

a) Please dont' discount the intelligence of stargate - or any scifi - fans
                        b) Please don't think that we're easily bought off with flashy sfx, a good plot carries far more weight
                        c) Please tone down the sex.
                        d) What drew many to the show was the interactions between the characters, not the space ships or fancy graphics. A story about the pretties is easily ignored, a story about the charactres is hard to forget
                        e) Please, please, please write REAL women. not charictures, not cliches
                        I couldn't have said it better!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          my fave au sam is geek sam.....just cause she's so danged cute

I think it coulda been fun to see insecure geeky sam come into her own, like if they'd have continued the episode and she went on another adventure
                          Geeky Sam made me laugh. I'm definitely more like her than the real Sam or any other AU version!
                          Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 10 June 2006, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Hardcore!Carter from Ripple Effect!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                              Well sorry I've been online and watching some tv at the same time so grammar and spell were not the best. So I will go back and delete the offensive post and would ask that anyone that has quoted me to please delete it from your post. I'll be sure in the future to not post in the thread unless I watch my grammar and spelling.
                              Oh no tsaxlady, it was not offensive, TJ just got a little confused about it I highlighted it so it would make sense as to the confusion, sorry if you took it the wrong way I in no way meant to insult your post
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

L.A. Doyle
                                My favorite AU Sam is from a fanfic (that was never finished, sadly)... AU Sam had gone into the military, but had had to become much more 'macho' in her attitude (think Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica, but the author never made references to that character, and I had never seen the new Battlestar Galactica when I read this fanfic). She hadn't been allowed on SG-1, she was leader of another SG-team - one of manly marines. And she led them well - she made herself fit into their macho brotherhood by going along with most of the jokes and attitudes. She was still good at 'fixing stuff', bt her scientific side wasn't emphasized much (the story was left unfinished before such areas could be explored).

I'd always thought it would have been fun to have had a few scenes where this AU Carter taunted our Carter into doing a few things that she normally wouldn't have.... Like going home at 'regular quitting time' (or not too long after)... and then going and doing something 'exhilerating' - like taking a couple of dirt bikes around a track - faster and with riskier maneuvers than our Sam has contemplated in awhile. Or, the two of them go flying... perhaps each in their own X-302 and AU Sam flies more dangerously than our Sam expects. Our Sam has fun... gets a charge out of it...

It would also be fun to have AU Sam discover the fun of exploring with her science muse (without the pressure of having to lead a bunch of marines and feeling that she had to fit into a certain persona while doing so).

....and other ideas...

Comment

Working...
                                X