Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by minigeek
    Ya know, I just watched that Sony S10 promo again, and I really like the cameraderie I saw amongst the actors on set. I think they REALLY need to give Ben and Claudia some interplay (regardless of their history in Farscape - they brought them together again on a new show anyway, so they might as well go all the way with it and take advantage of the fact those two are fast friends and have great working chemistry) All in all, looks like there's some good team fun to look forward to, apparently - I'll keep hoping, at least!

    Spoiler:
    Something I didn't like, was RCC making reference to there being nothing better than a great evil villain, especially one who's a beautiful woman (at which point they had a cleavage shot) ... and I just thought, GOD, you really can't seem to get around where his headspace is at. It's not even the fact that he said that (hey, Replicarter is a great evil villain too, and we all just finished talking about how 'hot' she is), but it's the fact that for RCC, he doesn't have any other kind of commentary to give. He just seems to keep hammering that and hammering that "sex" perspective into almost all the interview bits I've seen him do. Like everything he writes and everything he applauds has to be about that. It's obviously a big deal to him. And that's just so.... arrgh.... eyerollworthy to me.


    mg
    I agree. The preview made me feel a bit more optimistic about the possibilities in S10. But I too had a problem with
    Spoiler:
    RCC and his focus. He just doesn't seem to get it does he?
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by Strix varia
      It makes me wonder if he's really like that all the time, or if he just does it because he thinks all the fans of the show are 18-year-old males who will eat it up.
      It certainly reinforces for me what Sky and you and others have been saying, that it's a good thing for season ten that he's not the only cook in the kitchen.

      Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

      Comment


        A little something for you Sam/Teal'c shippers

        http://www.geocities.com/celtic_myst...ight_Hand.html
        sigpic

        Comment


          Bump!!!

          Comment


            Okay here's a s10 spoiler and question

            Spoiler:
            I noticed on that sony clip for BB they had him as "Col. Mitchell", does that mean he got a promotion? If so the PTB are just a bunch of *******s
            sigpic

            my fanfic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mandysg1
              Okay here's a s10 spoiler and question

              Spoiler:
              I noticed on that sony clip for BB they had him as "Col. Mitchell", does that mean he got a promotion? If so the PTB are just a bunch of *******s
              Spoiler:
              Didn't they say something about someone having a promotion or was it me that dreamt that? *shrugs*
              Anyway, lets hope they got confused!... and that Sam's getting the promotion she deserves!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Mandysg1
                Okay here's a s10 spoiler and question

                Spoiler:
                I noticed on that sony clip for BB they had him as "Col. Mitchell", does that mean he got a promotion? If so the PTB are just a bunch of *******s
                Spoiler:
                I doubt it, Mandy. They call Sam "Colonel Carter" too. They rarely use the Lt. prefix, anyway.

                Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                Comment


                  Originally posted by minigeek
                  Spoiler:
                  I doubt it, Mandy. They call Sam "Colonel Carter" too. They rarely use the Lt. prefix, anyway.
                  Spoiler:
                  My only problem with that is that when they write it, they normally use "Lt.Col" But I hope I am wrong


                  Edit: anyone know where I can resize images to make icons to fit GW's standards? The one I have is too large
                  sigpic

                  my fanfic

                  Comment


                    EEK!!!! Gone a couple days for surgery and I have 32 pages to catch up on! And that's just on this thread. 28 pages on another! And limited time at the computer.
                    In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

                    Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                    so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!


                    Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                    Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                    Hic Comitas Regit
                    Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Mandysg1
                      Spoiler:
                      My only problem with that is that when they write it, they normally use "Lt.Col" But I hope I am wrong


                      Edit: anyone know where I can resize images to make icons to fit GW's standards? The one I have is too large
                      try using Photoshop, irfanvieuw,... and photobucket can do the trick to or maybe imageschack...

                      Spoiler:
                      and lets hope he is not getting a promotion... the only one who desirve a promotion is SAM

                      Comment


                        You know I have just had another quick look at the season 10 promo vid with Sam and the vending machine. Did you all notice how Sam just swaggered out of that room at the end. Amanda is just a class actor isn't she. She doesn't quit acting - not for a second!!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Coley
                          You know I have just had another quick look at the season 10 promo vid with Sam and the vending machine. Did you all notice how Sam just swaggered out of that room at the end. Amanda is just a class actor isn't she. She doesn't quit acting - not for a second!!
                          LOL I know, I saw that too, I loved it. She's just totally cool. You could tell she had a lot of fun with it, too. As she seems to with everything she does. Class act all the way.

                          Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Coley
                            You know I have just had another quick look at the season 10 promo vid with Sam and the vending machine. Did you all notice how Sam just swaggered out of that room at the end. Amanda is just a class actor isn't she. She doesn't quit acting - not for a second!!
                            LOL, Yea I do remember hearing her say that Sam has a different walk than she does Must be the combat boots
                            Last edited by Mandysg1; 27 June 2006, 03:21 PM.
                            sigpic

                            my fanfic

                            Comment


                              Oh my goodness. That reminds me of a story. When I was in second year university going through the hard-core acting stream courses, there was one particular professor (a british actor, turned teacher) who was just vicious sometimes. He was most often right, but he was really mean about it (made a few people cry, in the early years as I recall). We had to audition each year over and over again to continue with the program, and he was at the head of the panel, so I think a lot of us were just terrified of him in general! Think... Simon from American Idol, sort of. LOL

                              Anyhow, I remember watching as one of the other women in my class (girls, i suppose, we were all quite young in that class), was performing part of a monologue she'd been working on. And the professor (who I won't name) leaned forward in his chair and said (slightly paraphrased):

                              "Pardon me for interrupting your brilliant masterb*****. I was just wondering. During which arrogant little interlude did you decide that a character - a person who has nothing of your physical backstory or history, may or may not have any of your personal angst or experience for that matter - would move in body so as to resemble your gait in any way? Please, enlighten us how you came to *decide* that this person walked or gestured exactly the way you do. And if you made no such conscious decision about her physicality, then my automatic question to you would be WHY THE HELL NOT?"

                              I remember BLANCHING. I couldn't BELIEVE he'd said that to her, but on the other hand - it was a lesson I don't think any of us ever forgot. To this day. Everything, right down to each breath taken and the tiniest movement of a finger needed to be planned and reasoned out, according to his methodology. I remember him often saying: "Your body is your tool and I expect you to master it. I expect you to understand it. I expect you to take pride in it. Complete control of one's toolset is required to achieve any sort of proficiency in any field..." (Scary man, very scary - and I was in the directing stream so I only saw him once a week!! lol)

                              geeek
                              Last edited by minigeek; 27 June 2006, 12:33 PM.

                              Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by minigeek
                                Oh my goodness. That reminds me of a story. When I was in second year university going through the hard-core acting stream courses, there was one particular professor (a british actor, turned teacher) who was just vicious sometimes. He was most often right, but he was really mean about it (made a few people cry, in the early years as I recall). We had to audition each year over and over again to continue with the program, and he was at the head of the panel, so I think a lot of us were just terrified of him in general! Think... Simon from American Idol, sort of. LOL

                                Anyhow, I remember watching as one of the other women in my class (girls, i suppose, we were all quite young in that class), was performing part of a monologue she'd been working on. And the professor (who I won't name) leaned forward in his chair and said (slightly paraphrased):

                                "Pardon me for interrupting your brilliant masterb*****. I was just wondering. During which arrogant little interlude did you decide that a character - a person who has nothing of your physical backstory or history, may or may not have any of your personal angst or experience for that matter - would move in body so as to resemble your gait in any way? Please, enlighten us how you came to *decide* that this person walked or gestured exactly the way you do. And if you made no such conscious decision about her physicality, then my automatic question to you would be WHY THE HELL NOT?"

                                I remember BLANCHING. I couldn't BELIEVE he'd said that to her, but on the other hand - it was a lesson I don't think any of us ever forgot. To this day. Everything, right down to each breath taken and the tiniest movement of a finger needed to be planned and reasoned out, according to his methodology. I remember him often saying: "Your body is your tool and I expect you to master it. I expect you to understand it. I expect you to take pride in it. Complete control of one's toolset is required to achieve any sort of proficiency in any field..." (Scary man, very scary - and I was in the directing stream so I only saw him once a week!! lol)

                                geeek
                                1speed - there is someone more scathing than I!!!

                                Seriously that is tough. I'm sure the same effect could be extracted from students in a much kinder way! The chap needs a good slap!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X