Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEM
    I mean... Why would Kawalsky ask that question? What, that's something all USAF officers do just as a matter of course? For kicks?

PR, er, nevermind.
    if you're asking about the quote that i listed from children of the gods about the f-16 blah blah blah

he was asking if she had ever done that because they were trying to intimidate her and freak her out, and also to try to make her feel inferior. the following line was;

kawalsky: yeah well, its way worse than that.

it was in relation to what its like going through the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      I would just like to point out that nowhere in my questions do I ask for any disparaging remarks about her costars. My questions are substantive ones dealing with the aspects of the character - ones that have been around for most of the "Decade With Sam" and we have not seen them developed or even mentioned in the past several years but all of a sudden they are selling point for other characters - I would genuinely like to know if she would addres this with her own thoughts on her characters history and future.

Perhaps rewording of the second question as:

Are there any aspects of Carter's past that are still uniquely Carter's that we will see Carter using in S10 - such as any of the abilities experiences from Jolinar, like the healing device, etc., or her pentient for motorcycles which was defined in "The Curse" and highlighted in "Space Race"? Seems pretty inoffensive to me and no disparaging remarks were heard.

I think this would be a good question, particularly because it is about whether or not the stories in season 10 will ever elude to something that is unique about Carter (besides her scientific skills).

Spoiler:
      I think Agent Dark mentioned something about a spoiler regarding Sam and her ability to use an Ori weapon/staff? I have no idea why James Bamford worked with Amanda over a week ago, but maybe it has something to do with this? If she is the only one to figure out how to use it and has the ability to use it, that could have some potential. Maybe?

I'm happy that AT mentions in her interview that she feels really good this season and that there is a more cohesive team in season 10. Just by her saying this, she is acknowledging that the team wasn't very cohesive in season 9. She and Carter feel much more apart of the team. That is good news.

But then the other news, hearing about:

Spoiler:
      Mitchell on the motorcycle being the hero again (I fear that they are really ruining this character continually and consistently) and the amazing chemistry between BB and CB. I just don't care about it. When Amanda said that Sam should be on SG-1 -- well yes, she should, but the show doesn't seem to be SG-1 anymore. I hope Myrth is right, and Sam gets on the third series in the future (if the writing is better for it).

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Hopefully while I'm still on the unmedicated side of sanity.

there's an 'unmedicated' side?

dangit, i knew i was being mislead!

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they're just so enthralled by our genius.

Comment

Yeah that's what it is

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              <wonders if she should just go to bed and see if DEM makes more sense in the morning> <doubts it>
              yeah, you're probably right.

Comment

Um... Yeah... I was thinking maybe they're just scared witless?

Oh, and does anyone ever wonder what TPTB and their various cronies think when they read a post or a series of posts online that illustrate EXACTLY what's going on behind the scenes with the politics and whatnot? Because, as annoying as it would be, it'd also be pretty hilarious if we were proven to be way off base in a lot of our ramblings.

As it is, I just don't think that's the case anymore. The lines are too faded and the motives are far, far too transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  Spoiler:
                  Mitchell on the motorcycle being the hero again (I fear that they are really ruining this character continually and consistently) and the amazing chemistry between BB and CB. I just don't care about it. When Amanda said that Sam should be on SG-1 -- well yes, she should, but the show doesn't seem to be SG-1 anymore. I hope Myrth is right, and Sam gets on the third series in the future (if the writing is better for it).
                  Spoiler:
                  hey, at least they're being consistent. that's a marked improvement.

so how bout it ya lurkers? you ENTHRALLED yet?
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I saw a Major in the USAF who is Doctor in Iraq and I have a friend who was in the US AF for many years - never even TOUCHED a plane - he was in supply.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I think Agent Dark mentioned something about a spoiler regarding Sam and her ability to use an Ori weapon/staff? I have no idea why James Bamford worked with Amanda over a week ago, but maybe it has something to do with this? If she is the only one to figure out how to use it and has the ability to use it, that could have some potential. Maybe?
                      The glorious, yet brief, moment that AD mentioned is just that:
                      Spoiler:
                      brief.

But ever so cool, nonetheless. I'm still definitely looking forward to it.

For those not knowing what we're talking about, I can't substantiate this spoiler with a link or anything, but this is what I read:

Spoiler:
                      Evidently there's a moment where Cameron is caught by someone in the third episode or so, while they're on a ship, and when everyone's still dealing with Super!Adria. Sam takes out one of their enemies with an Ori weapon. Cameron says something like, "Hey, I didn't even know you could work one of those things." And she supposed says something like, "Piece of cake."

And the moment supposedly happened so early on in the season, that I doubt she would've been working with that Bam!Bam guy so recently. But that's just an uneducated guess on my part.

If it stayed in, it'll probably be kinda cool. Hey, we take what we can get, right?

Comment

I saw a Major in the USAF who is Doctor in Iraq and I have a friend who was in the US AF for many years - never even TOUCHED a plane - he was in supply.
                        Good examples!

I think though, despite the mixed signals TPTB give us, they intend for us to believe that both Jack and Sam are pilots. I saw them fly, and that was good enough for me. I mean, I never gave it a second thought until tonight.

Comment

I'm happy that AT mentions in her interview that she feels really good this season and that there is a more cohesive team in season 10. Just by her saying this, she is acknowledging that the team wasn't very cohesive in season 9. She and Carter feel much more apart of the team.
                          Highlighted sentence -- Freudian slip perhaps??

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

For those not knowing what we're talking about, I can't substantiate this spoiler with a link or anything, but this is what I read:

Spoiler:
                            Evidently there's a moment where Cameron is caught by someone in the third episode or so, when everyone's still dealing with Super!Adria, and Sam takes out one of their enemies with an Ori weapon. Cameron says something like, "Hey, I didn't even know you could work one of those things." And she supposed says something like, "Piece of cake."

If it stayed in, it'll probably be kinda cool. Hey, we take what we can get, right?
                            Oh, I hope it stayed in! That would be awesome! *Crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                              yeah, you're probably right.
                              so you DIDN'T know all USAF officers/airmen aren't pilots? <cries> DEM!!!

i still don't get it. (can you tell?)

Originally posted by spaz
                              Oh, and does anyone ever wonder what TPTB and their various cronies think when they read a post or a series of posts online that illustrate EXACTLY what's going on behind the scenes with the politics and whatnot? Because, as annoying as it would be, it'd also be pretty hilarious if we were proven to be way off base in a lot of our ramblings.

As it is, I just don't think that's the case anymore. The lines are too faded and the motives are far, far too transparent.
                              that would be scary. in their place, i'd feel the need to do something really smart (read: stupid) to dstract the fans and convince them everything is perfect. like say, spouting praise about the new season at every turn, ignoring the past REAL triumphs, and pushing the new guys front and center. and maybe giving my new star some REALLY GREAT scenes. oh, and i'd make the 200th ep all about the new guys, not the ones that made the other 180 all on their own. because that would be smart, you know, and it'd show those darn fans how great the new season is and how much we love the new dynamic and how wrong wrong Wrong WRONG they are!

...uhh, guys, i think we may have a problem.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Highlighted sentence -- Freudian slip perhaps??

Geez, apparently!! Yikes!

Comment

Working...
                                X