Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    God, Bink, I was sooo angry when I first read that spoiler, too.
    Spoiler:
    I asked this on the rage thread, but I'll say it again here too... what the heck are they smokin' up there?? We've been teased and taunted with the fact that Sam Carter is motorcycle driving, motorcycle owning, motorcycle lovin' EXPERT for.... YEARS ... and now we FINALLY get a motorcycle scene, and it's... CAM ?

EXQUEEZE ME? How does that NOT smack of male-hero stereotyping? How does that NOT smack of contrived?!

WHAT?!

I hate to say this, but,
    Spoiler:
    Carter has such a huge established history with the bike backstory that, putting Cameron onto that motorcycle now really makes it look like the only reason they ever gave Carter the bike hobby to begin with was for show; purely to cater to the demographic who was far more interested in this:

... than anything remotely real for Sam. And frankly? That really BAKES MY NOODLE on Sam's behalf.

-
    Yeah it's the same silly reasons why Sam can fly a X-302, but we rarely get to see her in one unless she's flying shotgun.

This is my first attempt at making a gif. It's not perfect, but it was fun. I hope you don't mind Scarimor, but you did such a great job with the X-302, I couldn't see re-inventing the wheel again.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 28 May 2006, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Yeah it's the same silly reasons why Sam can fly a X-302, but we rarely get to see her in one unless she's flying shotgun.
      It's in Amanda's contract - no solo X-302 flying. Much too dangerous.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Sorry, Deev, I'm not tracking you.* There have been many times where it "looked like" an actor did something when in fact that actor did not.

*perhaps beer would help?

Comment

It's quite brilliant Kat... well done!!!

And you know what guys, those spoilers do suck somewhat from a Sam loving perspective, but you never know
          Spoiler:
          the new spinoff just might be about Sam afterall.. I mean the puzzle pieces are lining up in a way that fits. Could be a giant leap, but it's keeping me optimistic. We have a con with AT & RDA with a name we're not allowed to know yet. We have talk of a movie and another spinoff.. so to me it's not outside the realm of possibility that some of this is going to come together in Carter's favour. Could be wrong, but that's what my gut says.

This is my first attempt at making a gif. It's not perfect, but it was fun. I hope you don't mind Scarimor, but you did such a great job with the X-302, I couldn't see inventing the wheel again.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's the same silly reasons why Sam can fly a X-302
            WHAT?! I thought y'all was just making that up. Huh. I'm sure she can only do that because Mitchell taught her.

This is my first attempt at making a gif. It's not perfect, but it was fun. I hope you don't mind Scarimor, but you did such a great job with the X-302, I couldn't see inventing the wheel again.
            Hee! Fun!

Comment

The prop cockpit is far too scary a place for girl right? Meh bite me boys

sigpic

Comment

beer always helps...

I think I lost my point somewhere from my brain to my hands.

So, summing up quickly what I meant.

Spoiler:
                There are many different production reasons as to why Mitchell is zeroing in on Sam Carters territory (ie: bikes), that have nothing to do witht heir desire to showcase Mitchell. I don't like it, but maybe Sam is off doing something amazingly cool when Mitchell is off (maybe) trashing the bike.

But in the end it boils down to this. I want to see Sam on a bike, but I want to see the episode before I crusify TPTB. If this makes no sense I am hanging up my keyboard.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

it's quite unsafe, you know. green screens are dangerous things. you remember what happened to TA.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

No, you make sense. I seem to compose much more slowly than many others here, so my reply went up before your penultimate post. No big; I appreciate your optimism.

WAIT! I've got it!
                    Spoiler:
                    Carter left her bike with Cassie when she went to Nevada!

See? Continuity!

Comment

Well, Sam can't fly and X-302 because it doesn't make sense. Didn't you know, she does to much already... No one could be that talented.

Unless it's Mitchell. He has talent out the wazoo, what that talent is we can only guess at. He can't even convincingly lead the damned team of experienced vetrans. You think with them as your suboirdinates it'll be easy to look good - well, not Mitchell.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                        beer always helps...

I think I lost my point somewhere from my brain to my hands.

So, summing up quickly what I meant.

Spoiler:
                        There are many different production reasons as to why Mitchell is zeroing in on Sam Carters territory (ie: bikes), that have nothing to do witht heir desire to showcase Mitchell. I don't like it, but maybe Sam is off doing something amazingly cool when Mitchell is off (maybe) trashing the bike.

But in the end it boils down to this. I want to see Sam on a bike, but I want to see the episode before I crusify TPTB. If this makes no sense I am hanging up my keyboard.
                        perhaps not their desire to showcase mitchell, but their lack of effort to develop and progress (or at least not regress) sam?

sam doing something cool? doubt it. and i'm not even covered in water. i've already cruisfied BAB, so i don't much care at this point. AT's a class act. it gets me to turn on the TV every friday. most of the time. it's freakin memorial day weekend!! why am i so depressed?!
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
                          beer always helps...
                          Hey I broke out the Howie Day tonight to get the finishing tweaks on my Carter illustration done if I can, so you know I'm REALLY desperate.

mini (got this kick-butt top 500 alternative mix of all time, too, it's sweet. And, I'm old enough to appreciate all the early 90's hits, too... ah, U2, REM, Sex Pistols, Chili Peppers, The Ramones, Iggy Pop, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, EVERYONE is in here baby!)

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            Sorry, Deev, I'm not tracking you.* There have been many times where it "looked like" an actor did something when in fact that actor did not.

*perhaps beer would help?
                            Case in point...I'm FAIRLY certain that Amanda wasn't really hanging over an event horizon in 2001...and whereas she did roll down the ramp, she didn't fly backwards out of the gate.

As for this whole thing, well my first reaction was of the kneejerk variety. Just ask Myrth.

I agree with minigeek and others. I think that type of action SHOULD belong to Sam because of her established history.

BUT I'll try to keep my hopes up (per Myrth) and see what Sam will be doing at that time. Kinda like I had issues with moments in Scourge and there's one scene where I don't understand why Sam wasn't involved (as she is a pilot)...but then as a result of her not being with the others that we get that stellar moment with Woolsey.

So we'll see.

P.S., Is it just me or does she seem much more ramped up about the show and her role in it? Like she's experiencing a renewed vigor? Like she knows stuff we don't and is genuinely excited about what's going to happen?

Is it just me then?

Oh okay.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

P.S., Is it just me or does she seem much more ramped up about the show and her role in it? Like she's experiencing a renewed vigor? Like she knows stuff we don't and is genuinely excited about what's going to happen?
                              You may be right Ooobs.

Comment

i've just skimmed over the last few pages. a couple of things spring to mind immediately.

1. why would AT have a no motorbike riding clause in her contract and BB not have one in his? double standard? one rule for her and a different rule for him? if you get my meaning.

now i have no idea of what scene you guys are talking about or its context but thats just the thought that sprung to mind. that and, but mitchell is the cool one. sam's not cool. [end of snark]

2. simple answer for why sam's not on her motorbike? jack sold her bike. we covered this already! that's why he had to leave town.

Comment

Working...
                                X