Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil
    Maybe they are going to have Sam kill Jack...

What?!?

I mean... WHAT?!

/me covers sally's and Ooober's eyes for their protection... or Deevil's

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      This will come as no surprise to many - I agree with you Coley - 150%!!!! (I have actually been veen more scared, irked and depressed since last nights interviews and I fear for the charater more so now than ever. TPTB do not know what they are doing right now and that is clear from S9, clearer still from the laughable commentary cooper gave on mitchell and the completely wrong direction he decided to go with that so the prospect of them tackling the ship - which I think they have done horribly, absolutely horribly, since mid S-7 scares me no end). No offense to the shippers either but I hope they do not make this the reason Carter is focused on in S10 - let's see some substance and leadership, etc., for Carter in S10 - show us that she IS SG1 and a big reason for it's success. I do not wnat to see "exposition girl" or "the girl that is one half of a couple" I want to see the strong, intelligent, soldier, scientist, leader who has substance and respect and who is heroic and saves the day on a regular basis - just like the old kick-a$$ Carter that, for me, has almost disappeared since mid-S7 and was barely seen in S9.
      i want to see the kick butt/soldier/leader/scientist sam too. i think we *will* see some of that in season 10, but not sam leading... i feel it's over. as long as mitchell is still on this show, *he'll* get the priviledge to being the official leader. oh, the co-leaders stuff will still be done to sorts, but it's his team.

ship or no ship, that isn't going to change (to me).

about ship... there's no reason why sam can't be ALL those groovy things that ALL sam fans love about sam, but just including that she's involved with a guy (JACK) when she's not doing all those groovy things.

you know, multi tasking. juggling. real life.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Ack! Hello I'm feeling better now. I think my job is getting to me, but I just don't deal well with too much negativity By the way, I have not been neglecting the thread, I've just been too dang busy!

Originally posted by minigeek
        Well, no, but she does have... nevermind.
        Uh... long hair?

Originally posted by majorsal

about ship... there's no reason why sam can't be ALL those groovy things that ALL sam fans love about sam, but just including that she's involved with a guy (JACK) when she's not doing all those groovy things.

Yes! People who kick butt and dismantle naquada bombs have successful relationships all the time Ok, maybe this is a little different than a "normal" relationship, but it can work. Sam can be involved, and still be her cool self

One of my fave Sam moments:

And my fave Sam moment:

Ok, they aren't just Sam, but they are good moments
        Last edited by Forestia; 04 April 2006, 10:52 PM.
        Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
        Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          exactly what i want to see, i'd just also like them to take the oppertunity to prove they can write a woman in love without making her "one half of a couple". sam and jack are both very strong people (characters) i see no reason for them not to remain that way. in fact, they better darn well remain that way!
          see, that's one of the pluses/minuses of reading fan fiction.

even though you're reading, you're *seeing* it too. i've read 1000s of fics where sam remains strong in character and spirit, while engaging in a relationship with jack. i know it can be done!

we need women writers on the show! or james cameron, who's written some *great* females for his movies!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            I find I have to agree with AT herself, when she said S/J should never get together. I don't mind the UST, they obviously do have feelings for each other, but I don't think it should go to be RST, I think it would diminish the character of Sam. Sorry Shippers

it's alright, mandy, your mental illness can be cured by medications or someone driving over your head.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
              I agreed with that when both Sam and Jack were on the same team. I don't agree that it'll diminish Sam one bit now that they're no longer in a direct line. No more than Sam having a relationship or RST with any other male would diminish her. She's strong enough to stand on her own AND be involved in a healthy, established relationship. I'd rather the series didn't turn her scenes into a dwell-a-thon of Sam's romantic angst, but having them allude to RST between Sam and Jack and/or even stating that the two of them got married would, imho, only serve to solidify Sam's character evolution. It's not "about" her relationship(s) (with Jack or Pete or anyone else), it's about the fact that she knows what she wants now and she's not afraid to go after it, while still maintaining her integrity both emotional and professional. I really do want to see that canon-ized on screen. Because Strong!Sam is my favorite Sam, and as long as she keeps getting persistently hit on by every alien of the week (or even Barrett every single time he drops by), I think that does more damange to her character than allowing her to say she's got her life in order now, she's with someone she loves, and she can concentrate on saving the world (again), because she doesn't have to concentrate so hard on what's "emotionally wrong" with her life.

APPLAUDS!!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                You know mini if they were able to handle it the way you suggested, I'd be all for it, but given the way TPTB have been in the last season I don't hold out for any hope that they'd be able to pull it off without diminishing her character as Sam 1/2 of Sam and Jack and that's all she is
                and didn't they just do *so* well for sam without sam/jack being an issue in season 9?

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

amandatapping.com is subject to frequent issues, however there was a note posted about it being upgraded a week or so ago, so it's possible that's happening now.

Although in checking the error.... ouch.. no... that's defenitely a problem.

So it's not just you

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
                  i actually have to run off to bed; i have a test in the morning, but I'm just wondering if other people are having problems with amandatapping.com

good night all!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    APPLAUDS!!!

sally
                    Ditto! If only TPTB would listen One can always hope!
                    Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
                    Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      i agree. someoen in the props department should do a little research and give sam another helping of fruit salad. she adn jack should have the purple heart at least once (i'm trying to think of a combat sitaation where she got owied. i know jack does for heroes)

she and jack have done a lot of medal earning activities. it'd be nice if they'd 'fix' that
                      Sam got "owied" in "Death Knell, "Evolution " pt. 2, "Grace", etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. I don't think that just cause you hear your colleagues talking about a relationship and you hear it really gives you the right to discuss it with others. That's how I saw Claud's bit...yeah she knows OF it, but doesn't know all the history behind it. Ya know?
                        But knows how UST or RST works or doesn't work on TV in general or even in particular, you know what TV series I mean, right? and that was exactly about it They've asked Ben to be positive about it, Claudia to be careful about it and Chris to be funny about it. That's it. And it was very lovely
                        Last edited by Formerhost; 05 April 2006, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                          But knows how UST or RST works or doesn't work on TV in general or even in particular, you know what TV series I mean, right? and that was exactly about it They've asked Ben to be positive about it, Claudia to be careful about it and Chris to be funny about it. That's it. And it was very lovely

Lots of people love to use the "Moonlighting" analogy (not singling out you, but people in general). Having RST can work - with the right people and the right words. I think the writers are just too lazy to show people in a relationship with two main characters. Keep in mind that they are an ensemble and not the sole show carriers. They've finally decided to do something about it on "The West Wing." Even thought it's their last season, the writers are doing something about it way before the series finale.

I wonder how it's going to be next week because I think the theme for next Monday is "Jack and Sam save the Day."
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                            I just have to put in my two cents about S/J ship. I love the independent, intelligent, strong and savvy Sam Carter. But does having the love of another person (Jack, of course) have to diminish her? I would guess only if you were to think that your own significant other diminishes who you are. And I don't think anyone believes that!
                            i agree, i think it's just a normal evolution of the character to wonder and exolore
                            and i also like it when ship is PART of the show, not the whole thing.

They handle it better when they don't focus on it, at least in my opinion
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starprops
                              Sam got "owied" in "Death Knell, "Evolution " pt. 2, "Grace", etc.
                              true. but to be eligible for the purple heart i believe it has to be a compat injury
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                true. but to be eligible for the purple heart i believe it has to be a compat injury
                                She got killed in 'The Nox', along with the rest of the team.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X