Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    I will not soil my happy place any more.
    Is it possible to die twice?!

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
      Cleavage? Have I missed some episodes? Aside from Chimaera (which deserves a damnatio memoriae for various reasons), Sam's outfits haven't been screaming "Sex!" to me. The outfit from "Endgame" was weird, but I didn't find it all that sexy. To what else are you referring?
      Fair comment from you and Tsaxlady - I'll rephrase

Sam's wardrobe has been very distinctly "sexed up" in seasons 7 and 8. There has been more cleavature - it is there - replicarter for example. There was also one very very short skirt in Covenent. But no you are right they don't scream sex, but all of Sams casual/off base clothing seasons 7 and 8 is certainly sexed up compared to the casual/off base cloths Sam was wearing seasons 1 to 6. I agree with Tsaxlady, nothing to get heated about and the evening dress in Chimera was perfect (the coffee shop cleavage was tea spitting stuff for me though). Just not Sam as far as I'm concerned

I wouldn't be surprised if AT is happy with it, certainly advertises the fact she can still play the sexy roles, not just an air force soldier in BDU's.

But to me it was a very distinct change for Sam in a short space of time. I'm just searingly suspicious of skiffy and think they may have wanted to sex the show up a bit as well. There was a comment passed in a mag last year that commented that Sam Carter has been sexed up, so not just me who has noticed.

For me I would be perfectly happy for Sam to be the same casual dresser as in season 1 to 6. Though people do change (she says as someone who is about to buy a dress for the first time in 15 years!!)

The overt sex comes with other female roles - especially the Goau'ld. Endgame and Reckoning to name a couple off the cuff. Spit, Spit!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Ooh ... the inner sanctum... wish I could be a fly on the wall ....
        CG - as a mod on another board, you really don't want to be a fly on the wall of the mod's inner sanctum...trust me. LOL

btw, do any of you ever stop to think that Ben Browder and Claudia Black were approached by the SG1PTB? If I recall correctly, they were. I'm just saying... I know that change for some people is a bad thing...but it's not really. It's just upheaval. Don't hate me cause I like BB as Mitchell and CB as Vala...hate me because I have naturally curly hair. LOL
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Right I shall have to leave you now.

I'm off for a weeks holiday mountain biking in Scotland tomorrow and I HAVE to pack!! I will be back just before GABIT

Take Care everyone

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
            hate me because I have naturally curly hair. LOL
            OK then

LOL j/k
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
              CG - as a mod on another board, you really don't want to be a fly on the wall of the mod's inner sanctum...trust me. LOL

btw, do any of you ever stop to think that Ben Browder and Claudia Black were approached by the SG1PTB? If I recall correctly, they were. I'm just saying... I know that change for some people is a bad thing...but it's not really. It's just upheaval. Don't hate me cause I like BB as Mitchell and CB as Vala...hate me because I have naturally curly hair. LOL
              No one hates you! I don't think hate is in the Samandan vocabulary is it? Unless directed at skiffy. I shall temper my views on Vala to dislike!!

No one minds CB or BB I don't think, though myself I'm very irked that BB got to somehow be the lead actor. Now that isn't BB, but the person making the casting and contracting decisions!!

Change can be good. When all this settles we may have our great team show back again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                Change can be good. When all this settles we may have our great team show back again!!
                Settling? Half the season is gone
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                  Yes but sarcasm done right its an art form. Done worng its just plain stupid

*snerk Daymn straight baby! It truely is an Art form. But thankfully some of us are blessed with it genetically!

*sent Jeffer some jello for this one
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Exactly.

Especially when we ALL know that the only thing we really need talk about is ME.

*gently shoves Uber aside

No, it's all about ME!
                    sigpic

Comment

Right I shall have to leave you now.

I'm off for a weeks holiday mountain biking in Scotland tomorrow and I HAVE to pack!! I will be back just before GABIT

Take Care everyone
                      Have a great trip, Coley!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

CAPTIONARY!

That is the biggest chocolate bar I've ever seen. I WANT!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Holly Hannah, AD! Is that...all you??

Tee hee!
                          Last edited by minigeek; 14 October 2005, 11:43 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Jello comes in *other* colors?
                            sigpic

Comment

No one hates you! I don't think hate is in the Samandan vocabulary is it? Unless directed at skiffy. I shall temper my views on Vala to dislike!!

No one minds CB or BB I don't think, though myself I'm very irked that BB got to somehow be the lead actor. Now that isn't BB, but the person making the casting and contracting decisions!!

Please don't think I really feel like anyone here hates me...cause I don't. Also, when I make comments like I did, it's just to get people to think about things...I'm not defensive in the least. So my apologies if anyone here thinks that. I'm kinda good at playing devil's advocate. <weg> I'm not cute but kind of evil for nothing. LOL

You are correct in the casting choice...besides, if it's anyone's fault, it's his agent and SciFi's. I always like to blame SciFi for any and everything since they canned FS a couple years ago. <weg>
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                                Good job. Now we have 2 threads in common, the only 2 I visit.
                                I visit three, this one (mostly), RDA(when I can), and most recently the JQ/CN.

Comment

Working...
                                X