Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooohooo!!!!

Commando!Sam leads Teal'c and a group of triggerhappy SG teammates though the gate to rescue Daniel.

Commando!Sam orders Soren to drop his weapon...as Teal'c and Daniel take aim.

Gotta love Commando!Sam!!! Can we have some more of her???

Last edited by Uber; 22 October 2005, 03:47 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      ROFLMAO

Not quite what this threads purpose is

You really want to know something, I read today that people here in the states are playing those numbers in lotteries and loosing a lot of money.

Also ROFLMFAO.

Comment

Captions???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Captions???

WHY do I keep dreaming about combat boots? And WHAT'S a p-90?

Just playin, just sayin'.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]Wooohooo!!!!

The ketchup goes on first, then the relish. *Thinks: "I hope he got it; commando-ing makes me holy peckish.*

Commando!Sam
            That's it, they forgot the pickles again!

Gotta love Commando!Sam!!! Can we have some more of her???
            MUCH MORE! Commando!Sam rocks!
            Great pictures, thanks, ÜberSG-1Fan!

Just playin', just sayin' .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
              The ketchup goes on first, then the relish. *Thinks: "I hope he got it; commando-ing makes me holy peckish.*

That's it, they forgot the pickles again!

MUCH MORE! Commando!Sam rocks!
              Great pictures, thanks, ÜberSG-1Fan!

Just playin', just sayin' .
              *Takes bow*

Ooooh and JM answered ANOTHER of my questions! Yay.

My first was have all the cast regulars (specifically Amanda) shown an interest in returning next season:

JM: I believe all of our cast would be happy to come back.

My second was will we get to see some more of Amanda's sense of humor play out as Carter?

JM: There are flashes of "funny Sam" in the latter part of season 9.

Comment

Let's all remember that respecting the cast and crew is one of Gateworld's rules. And while we all have our ways of expressing our own appreciation, comments that are off-color are not appropriate here.

I would thank everyone to remember that

Denise
                Gateworld Moderator
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*Takes bow*

Ooooh and JM answered ANOTHER of my questions! Yay.

My first was have all the cast regulars (specifically Amanda) shown an interest in returning next season:

JM: I believe all of our cast would be happy to come back.

My second was will we get to see some more of Amanda's sense of humor play out as Carter?

JM: There are flashes of "funny Sam" in the latter part of season 9.

HOORAY if true that the whole cast wants to return! And FunnySam is always welcomed!

Just sayin'.
                  sigpic

Comment

Joe has also answered this one.
                    Originally Posted by JMallozzi
                    Originally Posted by binkpmmc
                    Joe -

As you can see there are a great many fans that wanted Sam to be sg1's sole leader again in S9, and why, because TPTB gave us the idea of Sam being sg1's sole leader in S8, as well as on several occasions prior to S8. If you were going to take away sole leadership and give her a co-leader why didn't you show the why, the when, the where, the how of it, and why bring on a co-leader who has NEVER even SEEN a Stargate, never been off-world, etc., and who, by all appearances thus far, has nothing to bring to the team that was not already there when it was Sam, Teal'c and Daniel?

As always, thanks for your time.
                    Using that line of reasoning, you could argue that Jack didn't really bring anything to the team either beside his self-deprecating sense of humor. Mitchell was given command of SG-1 at a time when there was no SG-1. Like many of the other SG team leaders out there, he had no experience in off-world travel when handed command. The previous members of the team had gone their separate ways, so he wasn't taking command away from anyone. Rather than build a whole new team, he chose to go with what worked, the old SG-1. Eventually, he reunited the team. In the writers room, we did debate the whole leadership issue and eventually compormised, deciding on a co-leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                      HOORAY if true that the whole cast wants to return! And FunnySam is always welcomed!

Just sayin'.
                      I have to wonder if they forget how funny she is...I mean they picked up Vala and gave her a ton of funny lines (well, okay...most of them flopped for me but at least she had funny lines)...

Have they lost track of the fact that in Amanda they get it all? Scientist? Soldier? Comedienne? Geek??? They need to be reminded I think from time to time that Amanda is a jewel and that there's nothing wrong with giving funny material to others or focus on other characters and arcs...but for crying out loud...she's like a one man band!

Don't forget her PTB...she's a treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        So what castle is that in the flag pics?
                        Tonbridge Castle in town of same name, Sussex, England. Stayed in a cottage nearby last year.

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures JUST BEGGING for captions...

Jack to Sam: "Yeah, remember that little dalliance I had on Edora ... it's my week for joint custody."

Sam to Jack: "You know, sir ... you really were a horse's *** about that whole affair."
                          Great job with the caps, Uber! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                            Joe has also answered this one.
                            I'm sorry ... am I missing something here (re: JM's argument about leadership qualities)?! It's a very weak position to state that RDA brought "only a self-deprecating sense of humor" to his role of Jack O'Neill. O'Neill was former black-ops, honorably "retired", and had the very important experience of going through the original Stargate to fight RA. Good Lord, this is an answer to a well-placed question that leaves a lot to be desired.

And since when did other SG teams have inexperienced leaders going off-world? Weren't all these teams especially recruited and trained for Stargate travel and missions? When the Russian soldier wanted to join the team, Jack refused him because he did not have the necessary experience for SGC.

I'm disappointed in JM's reasoning and answer.

Comment

You know, as hard as I'm trying to follow JM's line of reasoning ... I just don't get it.
                              Maybe it's supposed to be a Zen thing ... like the answer is no answer at all ... I think I'll go kel' no reem.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Tonbridge Castle in town of same name, Sussex, England. Stayed in a cottage nearby last year.
                                No! I live 6 miles from Tonbridge, I would have loved to meet you
                                And , by the way , tonbridge is in Kent

Comment

Working...
                                X