This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auralan
    Spoilers Season 8 "Citizen Joe" Turn back now if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:

If you haven't already read the Gateworld article on this one, go do that. I'm not going to cover anything in there again and I'll assume you know who Joe is (not Flaxon). The production number is 20, but they usually film clip shows last because they take the least post-production effort (minimal effects, reused material, etc). I'd be shocked if this one aired as the season finale. There's also a some very funny stuff with Jack and Joe that I won't spoil because it's got me in giggle fits just reading it. I don't want to ruin it for anybody. It's not shippy, it's just Jack at his comedic best. And, boy, have I ever missed the comedy! Too much angst this season.

As for ship in this one, it looks very good. There's nothing solid in it, but there's a relaxed and fun tone we haven't seen between Jack and Sam for a long time -- if ever at this level.

The teaser starts out with Jack bringing groceries in his house on a Saturday morning. He's chatting on his cell phone with Sam. They're trying to schedule a briefing. He winds up complaining about how swamped he is. They never actually schedule the briefing. She changes the subject and asks how he's spending the day. He replies that it's funny she brought it up because he just bought the ingredients for his "world famous Spanish Omelet." She thinks it sounds good. There's some cute banter as she attempts to find out what's in it. Then there's the inevitable interruption of the actual plot for the episode as Joe is hanging out in Jack's kitchen with a gun. Oops. He says he'll call her back later.

It sorta reads like she's looking for an invite. At the same time, also like he's trying to work around to giving one. Nothing solid, just the impression I got reading it. Very cute and comfortable conversation. No angst! Can't wait to see it.

There's another bantery bit in the infirmary that's short, but gives us a funny regs reference. There's no way to explain it without directly quoting it and I can't do that. Sorry. Perhaps somebody else with the info will be so kind.

Basically, this one looks very good. I've got a huge grin on my face. Can we skip all the angsty stuff and jump straight ahead to this one? I've missed the comedy and ship actually being fun.

I can't believe I'm looking forward to a freaking clip show this much!
    Thank you for sharing this! It sounds good. I love funny (not comic relief) Jack!
    sigpic

Comment

i too have a massive grin on my face from the 'citizen joe' spoilers sounds like its gonna b kewl

thnk u auralan
      Carolyn

Comment

Thanks for the spoilers, Auralan. Citizen Joe sounds great. In angsty seasons like this, comedic episodes every 3-4 weeks should be mandatory!

sigpic
        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

STOP PRESS - I have been THINKING!!!

(massive shock wave goes through shipper town)

Here's my end of season theory!

Spoiler:
          Threads is the set-up of the Daniel-Anubis Arc and the Ship arc. This set up is for The Reckoning 1 and 2, which will further both arcs, by setting up a massive Daniel/ Anubis showdown, and will see Sam dump Pete.
          I think the last few episodes will show Sam and Jack edging tentatively towards the start of a relationship, which will truely begin in the very last ep!

Just my thinking.

I now return the Suekay you all know and...well...talk to.

(insert picture of tumbleweed (this is my current mindscape!))
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by caseek
            Hello from a life-long lurker! I'm wired from 2 cups of coffee not too long ago, and just decided to crawl out from underneath my SG-1 blanket which shields and protects me from all things . Like I said, I'm a lurker, so I've never posted on any forum ever before, but lately I've found myself checking the boards more and more often. The people that post around here are the only people I've found with the same passion for the Sam/Jack ship as I. So for that, I thank you.

So glad that you finally ate the Red Shipper Cookies which makes ship lurkers into ship posters
            (take the red pill, Neo-shippers).

Oh by the way you need to brush off the crumbs on your chin.

Stick around and post lots.
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              STOP PRESS - I have been THINKING!!!

(massive shock wave goes through shipper town)

Here's my end of season theory!

Spoiler:
              Threads is the set-up of the Daniel-Anubis Arc and the Ship arc. This set up is for The Reckoning 1 and 2, which will further both arcs, by setting up a massive Daniel/ Anubis showdown, and will see Sam dump Pete.
              I think the last few episodes will show Sam and Jack edging tentatively towards the start of a relationship, which will truely begin in the very last ep!

Just my thinking.

I now return the Suekay you all know and...well...talk to.

(insert picture of tumbleweed (this is my current mindscape!))
              I was thinking the same thing :O

They're going to drag it out for as long as possible.. but it'll be worth it

And FTR, I just realized that "spoiler" tags exist. I've just been coding them myself lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Brandie
                I was thinking the same thing :O

They're going to drag it out for as long as possible.. but it'll be worth it

And FTR, I just realized that "spoiler" tags exist. I've just been coding them myself lol..
                i hope they don't just drag it over the last episode i want a little build up over the last couple of episodes then have a big bang at the end i would then be over the moon

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                  Spoilers Season 8 "Citizen Joe" Turn back now if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:

If you haven't already read the Gateworld article on this one, go do that. I'm not going to cover anything in there again and I'll assume you know who Joe is (not Flaxon). The production number is 20, but they usually film clip shows last because they take the least post-production effort (minimal effects, reused material, etc). I'd be shocked if this one aired as the season finale. There's also a some very funny stuff with Jack and Joe that I won't spoil because it's got me in giggle fits just reading it. I don't want to ruin it for anybody. It's not shippy, it's just Jack at his comedic best. And, boy, have I ever missed the comedy! Too much angst this season.

As for ship in this one, it looks very good. There's nothing solid in it, but there's a relaxed and fun tone we haven't seen between Jack and Sam for a long time -- if ever at this level.

The teaser starts out with Jack bringing groceries in his house on a Saturday morning. He's chatting on his cell phone with Sam. They're trying to schedule a briefing. He winds up complaining about how swamped he is. They never actually schedule the briefing. She changes the subject and asks how he's spending the day. He replies that it's funny she brought it up because he just bought the ingredients for his "world famous Spanish Omelet." She thinks it sounds good. There's some cute banter as she attempts to find out what's in it. Then there's the inevitable interruption of the actual plot for the episode as Joe is hanging out in Jack's kitchen with a gun. Oops. He says he'll call her back later.

It sorta reads like she's looking for an invite. At the same time, also like he's trying to work around to giving one. Nothing solid, just the impression I got reading it. Very cute and comfortable conversation. No angst! Can't wait to see it.

There's another bantery bit in the infirmary that's short, but gives us a funny regs reference. There's no way to explain it without directly quoting it and I can't do that. Sorry. Perhaps somebody else with the info will be so kind.

Basically, this one looks very good. I've got a huge grin on my face. Can we skip all the angsty stuff and jump straight ahead to this one? I've missed the comedy and ship actually being fun.

I can't believe I'm looking forward to a freaking clip show this much!
                  Thanks for the smiles auralan...we certainly do need them.
                  Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    Well little shiplets I'm moving and after tomorrow I'll be offline for at least a week and it could end up being closer to a month. So no loud parties or other miscreant acts and if the cops get called I'm going to be very disapointed in the lot of you.
                    Yes, mother. I'll be sure that everyone behaves themselves. Well, I'll try anyway.
                    Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                      THANK YOU! And that you're a fellow photographer means a lot to me! Yes, the first pic on the far left is my favorite too!... mmmmmm.......

I have to say that it does take 'an eye' to spot a good pic! I put a lot of work into making the sig (actually ALL my work! there's screencapping and there's making photographs!) - there's color correction, focus, grain, etc. that all have to be worked with. Just in case you're interested, here are the originals:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...BtGRDAraft.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...0/BtGRed01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a50/712_13.jpg

It can be headache...but for me, it's fun!
                      Welcome to the world of digital images!
                      Yum Mala. And we're not even on the thunk thread. Sweet!
                      Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        Oooh yay!!!

I just noticed I'm a Goa'uld Underling!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Must be that great picture in your sig. Congrats!!!
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          Well little shiplets I'm moving and after tomorrow I'll be offline for at least a week and it could end up being closer to a month. So no loud parties or other miscreant acts and if the cops get called I'm going to be very disapointed in the lot of you.
                          ((((((((((((((Ship Mum))))))))))))) We will miss you something awful!!!!!

Don't worry The Inmates will be running this here Asylu........Oh Rehab Facility with a Furry hand in your absence

Have a safe and *uneventful* move....and HURRY BACK!!!!!!!!!
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Speaking of screencaps and photo manips.....

OK - I was speaking of screencaps and photo manips - I thought that the photo of Colson in Covenant was pretty laughable!

WARNING! SPOILER PIC FOR COVENANT

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...50/Cov_000.jpg

Spoiler:
                            When Jack opened the folder on Colson and they showed his photo I had to laugh out loud... OK, maybe only someone like me would appreciate how BAD a job they did...

I thought he looked like a puppet out of the old TV show, Thunderbirds Are Go! I think that they should hire some of our fanfic writers to write episodes and hire me to make their props!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                              Oh, I knew YOU would like the new sig! (amongst her many other titles, Tame is QUEEN OF THE SIGS! )

Anyhoo, I had to do something to lift myself out of this S/J A$$INITY-induced funk... I feel so sorry for Jack and I love THE MAN! you know I do!!

AND I also have something to share re the 'idyllic' scene - hey if TPTB won't do it for us, then I guess WE have to! It's just something I put together to keep my S/J mojo on track....

My version of NEW ORDER (SPOILER PIX - WARNING!) and the IDYLLIC SCENE:

http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/nightmaredream.htm
                              You are a genius!!! there is no other word a
                              PHOTOSHOP GENIUS!!

Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Auralan, can you tell us if,
                                Spoiler:

in "Citizen Joe" Sam and Jack call each other by their first names over the phone? Maybe they don't say any names at all, but just wondered.

Comment

Working...
                                X