This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc
    I'd actually prefer to think that scene is real, it sounds like it shows Jack is really hurting - not that I particularly want Jack to be hurt, but I think it's important for us to see the effect this relationship has on him...
    i think that the idea flaoting around about the existance of pete is a little crazy and rather reminisent of asension with orlan

i doubt that Sam could have pulled off all the copper stuff in affinity by herself, so he has to be real

Chimera: i think this title refered mainly to the Daniel/Sara/Osiris plot line rather than the introduction of pete to the show

but then again i'm just one person with a little opinion on what goes on i don't think we'll ever know for sure until TPTB decide that it's time

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
      Your probably right..i've never been very good in English lessons
      But it just sounded wrong to me and if I was saying it I would of said 'hung' not hanged'....
      Language evolves. Don't worry. I can credit Dorothy Sayers for my knowing Jack was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
        He was certainly hurting, that's for sure, and it hurt us all...
        yeah i wanted to jump through the screen and give him a hug he looked soo sad!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
          i've been on IMDB, and there's some casting info up for future episodes

Spoiler:

fifth will be back in Gemini, so that obviously is about Repli-Carter. brat'ac is in threads, so whoever dies in sacrifices, it's not him (unless he ascends)

oma is in reckoning and threads, and so is daniel's alter ego (mike..wonder where they got that name from ), so it looks like we have a three-parter with reckoning and threads,...and ba-al is in reckoning too. but no news on who plays kerry, which is a bit odd, as i understand they've already filmed it. so it looks like they've got a whole three parter to sort out whatever happens in the jack/kerry/sam/pete storyline

Speculation on casting for "Threads"
          Spoiler:
          Whomever is portraying the role of "Kerry" I hope she is not some 20 somthing actress because that would NOT sit right with me.
          Actually the person I would like to see play that role would be Mary Steenburgen!!!!
          That would really wig Sam out , wouldn't it????

waterfall

Comment

Just testing to see if my new sig works... whaddya think?
            A kissing theme...nice!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo

i doubt that Sam could have pulled off all the copper stuff in affinity by herself, so he has to be real
              oh, i dunno, that copper stuff was pretty simple. anyone who's watched a couple if episodes of csi could have figured out the body thing, and as for the 'people on a stakeout order pizza' thing..well, she's been on stakeout's before. if pete is real, he was treating her like some sort of dumb blonde who can't figure these things out herself
              Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

oh, i dunno, that copper stuff was pretty simple. anyone who's watched a couple if episodes of csi could have figured out the body thing, and as for the 'people on a stakeout order pizza' thing..well, she's been on stakeout's before. if pete is real, he was treating her like some sort of dumb blonde who can't figure these things out herself
                Yes, yes, yes. And that silly grin he always has on his face---smack (and not the kissy kind of smack either)!
                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                  Spoiler:
                  Whomever is portraying the role of "Kerry" I hope she is not some 20 somthing actress because that would NOT sit right with me.
                  Actually the person I would like to see play that role would be Mary Steenburgen!!!!

waterfall
                  that would be brilliant, i would love that!!! . and she'd be really good to, but it's the wigging out sam bit i like (wonder if she was considered?)
                  Last edited by michelleb; 28 August 2004, 02:52 PM. Reason: i can't spell 'and'
                  Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

i mean like the file he had and the supposrt when going in to thw warehouse at the end ok they could have been from any organisation but that means they could have been cops

( what about when she spoke to hammond about getting the guy clearence don't you think that's a wee bitty suspisious)

Comment

Originally posted by mishy_mo
                      i think that the idea flaoting around about the existance of pete is a little crazy and rather reminisent of asension with orlan

Chimera: i think this title refered mainly to the Daniel/Sara/Osiris plot line rather than the introduction of pete to the show

but then again i'm just one person with a little opinion on what goes on i don't think we'll ever know for sure until TPTB decide that it's time
                      Oh I'm quite happy to go along with the idea of "Pete as Chimera" in general, it's just that scene in Affinity that I'd like to be real.....
                      Spoiler:
                      but then, where did she get the ring?

You're probably right about the title Chimera, but they might have changed their minds by now!

Comment

Oh I'm quite happy to go along with the idea of "Pete as Chimera" in general, it's just that scene in Affinity that I'd like to be real.....
                        Spoiler:
                        but then, where did she get the ring?

You're probably right about the title Chimera, but they might have changed their minds by now!
                        An answer to your spoiler question:
                        Spoiler:
                        She bought it herself, she had it from her other broken engagement, it was her mother's, out of a cracker JACKs box (my personal favorite!).
                        Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                          Spoilers Affinity and Zero Hour

I'm not completely caught up, so I don't know if someone has already wrote this out. Here's my take.
                          lets pick it up after Jack puts the ring on the table
                          S- You know, all these years I've been concentrating on work. I'd just assumed that one day I would--
                          J- have a life.
                          S- Yeah.
                          J- [nods, barely audible] Yeah.
                          S- And now that it comes down to it, I don't know. I mean every time we go through the gate we risk not coming back. Is it fair to put somebody else through that?
                          J- Pete is a cop. I think he could handle it.
                          S- What about kids?
                          J- What about 'em?
                          S- Do I take maternity leave and then come back? What do I drop the baby off at daycare on my way to some unexplored planet on the edge of the crab nebula?
                          J- Carter, there are people on this base who have families.
                          [Sam hesitates, then asks]
                          S- What about you? [cue music] If things had been different?
                          J- I wouldn't be here.
                          [They both stand there and let the moment pass]

When I first watched this scene I was yelling at both of them. I wanted Sam to shut up and and I wanted Jack to stop her from making a horrible mistake. After viewing it again, I believe it was all Jack could do to keep his emotions in check and not fall to the ground by the weight of that ring she handed him. I would have liked him to lose his unbelievable control here, but they were at work (and why she even brought the ring to work is another tangent I won't get into).

As sad as he was though, he had the mind to challenge Sam on all the excuses she was coming up with about not marrying . Basically, I got from him, 'if you really want to marry him and have a family, you'd make it work-- like everyone else around here. understands a life of risk, so you can't use that crutch either.'

Sam and Jack were talking about family and kids right as she asks, "What about you?" which is why I think she's talking about if Jack still had a family. I don't think she is changing the subject. I think she winces because of the intense sensitivity of the topic she just broached. While, Jack had been on dangerous missions when he still had a wife and child, his losing them has made him a different man. When he says, "I woundn't be here," I think he's saying that, if things were different he wouldn't risk losing that again by being at the SGC. Because of what he's gone through, there is no conflict about priorities for him.

I think they're both so emotional in this scene that they wouldn't be able to talk about their relationship on top of it. It would just be way too much for the time and place. She is really focused on her predictament and he's just trying to get through the moment. I don't think either of them were capable of bringing it to that whole other level. I don't think the line would be, "What about you?" if Sam were asking about them. Why would she, all of a sudden, throw the state of their relationship all on him? It's too much of a jump. I don't see how she can now ask him to give her a glimpse of what their lives would be like if they could be together. They have never talked honestly with each other about their love and a future together and I just can't believe she's doing it here with those two crappy lines. When they finally get to the point where they talk, will we know it. They won't look into space after exchanging 3 lines. Dammit, the earth will shake!

IMO, she's asking how he would handle a family and the SGC. And he says, he wouldn't. He would make a choice and not try to do both. So, again, he throws it right back at her, just like the risk and family arguments. 'That's what I would do. Now... that still doesn't solve things for you.' Why does Sam say yes at the end? Because Jack wouldn't let her get away with false excuses and get caught up in the details instead of the big picture Family/love is important.

And of course because neither of them can make the step to each other.

I didn't write "cue shippy music" because it was the same music used while Jack was writing his letter of resignation in Zero Hour. When we hear the twinkles we immediately think that ship is being underlined, but it's not necessarily so. Although, I'm sure TPTB did want a shippy feel established (with these two, you just have to give in to that), they don't have to do that by having Sam and Jack also talk about their relationship. The music emphasized the emotional scene between them; we know they love each other but they're at a crossroads and we don't know how things will turn out. It's shippy even when they're not talking about their relationship. It's tragically shippy because they're saying everything but what they want to say to each other.

ship sistah

wait, one more thing (I know, I know, the longest post ever).

Jack was clearly (to us) heartbroken but I don't think Sam really saw it, as she was deep in her own issues. If she really noticed how uncomfortable this was making him, she would have shut up. But in her mind she's not talking about them, she's talking about herself and she doesn't notice the pain she's causing.

In conclusion: Sam is callously oblivious and Jack pushed her into 's butt groping hands.

F***!
                          Well said and analyzed. I think you are right 100%!!!!!!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                            "Icky Poopy" is a great way to describe the journey---unfortunately it looks like you can take off your sailing outfit---we'll be waiting a little while longer.
                            Oh darn and I bought such a cute outfit!!!

Guess it goes back into the closet!
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                              Spoiler:

waterfall
                              LOL! Yeah, I think she'd be ideal!

I agree with you about not having some 20-something playing Kerry, it wouldn't be right. I mean, some people even consider Sam too young for him, and she's meant to be in her 30's, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Well said and analyzed. I think you are right 100%!!!!!!
                                ( and the quote assosiated with it)

yup i totally agree thats the first time i've seen that it covers all the angles in that scene

Comment

Working...
                                X