X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterfall
    GetCater is OK!!!!!
    I just talked to her on the phone!!!!!!!
    Her and her family are well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm soooooooo relieved!!!!(I thought I was gonna cry when she answered the phone!!)
    I told her that all the shippers at GW were worried about her and she thinks that is so sweet of everyone.(she said that several times in our conversation!)She told me to tell everyone THANK YOU for their concern.
    She was sooo impressed that so many people were worried about her!!!

They had about an hour's warning and her and her family sat in a big closet during the storm.
    She did tell me it was very scary and for a short time she thought she was a goner.She told me it was VERY loud and that the walls were shaking from the wind.
    She doesn't have power yet and won't until at least wed or thurs.
    Her house did recieve some damage,they lost the screen porch and fence and some tiles on the roof.

Lesson to be learned from this:
    Us shippers seem to be very good at weathering severe storms!!!
    So remember that this friday!!

waterfall
    WOO HOO!!! Thank God!! Glad to hear it! Thanks for the information, Waterfall! Tell her we will have a big shipper party when she gets back online!!!

WOO HOO!!!

Comment

GetCater is OK!!!!!
      I'm soooooooo relieved!!!!(I thought I was gonna cry when she answered the phone!!)
      I told her that all the shippers at GW were worried about her and she thinks that is so sweet of everyone.(she said that several times in our conversation!)She told me to tell everyone THANK YOU for their concern.

They had about an hour's warning and her and her family sat in a big closet during the storm.
      She did tell me it was very scary and for a short time she thought she was a goner.She told me it was VERY loud and that the walls were shaking from the wind.
      Her house did recieve some damage,they lost the screen porch and fence and some tiles on the roof.

waterfall
      I'm glad that GetCarter is okay and that her house only received little damage.

Comment

Hey Michelle, I just read the 'Carter, not Samantha' fic. I wrote something very similar about the Carter Jack loves in one of my fics... guess it wasn't just my deluded mind that made it up. The canon must have planted the seed in fanficcer brains..
        I've got to wonder though... why do we shippers always have Cassie firmly onside as a shipper? I'm guilty of it myself, I just wonder why we do? And also, the last episode we saw Cassie in, she wasn't exactly the nicest of people (although I've only seen the first three minutes of the ep so correct me if I'm wrong...) so why do people always write her as this super-mature cool shipper? (And again, I do too! It's not a criticism, I just wonder why...)

Comment

Thank you for the update, Waterfall!! I have been saying prayers since Friday! When you talk to her again, ask if there is anything we can do for her or her family.

We will definitely have a party when GetCarter gets back to her online family!! We will need to celebrate something after the "Insanity".

Token ~

Comment

[
            Oh, and I'd like to say hi to THE Michelle B... I bumped into you in a chatroom once and probably scared the hey out of you with my overawedness. I'd like to say again your work is overwhelmingly good, though.[/QUOTE]>>>

you!!! that was you!!! i've been telling stories about what you said to me that day ever since, just to prove to RL people that what i do online is worth something!!! it was really one of the best things that happened to me, what you said that day..thank you soooo much <blows kiss>
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

GetCater is OK!!!!!

waterfall
              Waterfall, thanks for letting us know this, I came on-line especially to find out how you all were in Florida. I'm glad to know you're okay!

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                She(?) has some awesome videos. (as does Miramba and Caty) Her video for the Go Towards the Light is the whole reason for me reading the story. Saw the video, I had to read the fic!!! (great story rural)

SNY'swebsite is nice as well. Very talented artist.
                Hey!

Thanks!

Well If I tell the truth, "forbidden" and "go towards the light" are not my favorite vids... Even I want to make a "remake" of "go towards the light"... If I have time of course hehehehe

By the way! All the shipper have to watch my last shippy vid, is a tribute to Sam/Jack relationship...

SAM AND JACK TRIBUTE

Enjoy

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                  Did you get a chance to watch the 'Forbidden' video??? Wasnt it HOT?!
                  Oh YES! --but precisely because it was all suggestion!

I hadn't been to that site before, so -- I just downloaded everything and sat the lot of them. Wow. Those are the best crafted videos I have seen (but I haven't seen Caty's or Marimbas.) I mean, lots of Fic videos are moving, or funny, or whatever, but these had such high quality resolution--and perfect timing on the sound and action. I really like her (?) choice of music, too.

Bucky

Comment

>>you!!! that was you!!! i've been telling stories about what you said to me that day ever since, just to prove to RL people that what i do online is worth something!!!

Glad to be of service!
                    I have trouble convincing real people online stuff is worth anything too. Everyone associates 'internet' with 'nerd.' (Or worse). Thus everything on it is worthless... *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                      Hey Michelle, I just read the 'Carter, not Samantha' fic. I wrote something very similar about the Carter Jack loves in one of my fics... guess it wasn't just my deluded mind that made it up. The canon must have planted the seed in fanficcer brains..>>>>

great shipper's think alike..

<<I've got to wonder though... why do we shippers always have Cassie firmly onside as a shipper? I'm guilty of it myself, I just wonder why we do?>>

do you know, i don't know? i guess it's becsaue she's close to both sam and jack, and it seems obvious that anyone that close to the two of them would be a shipper. and cos she's obviously not quite human...look at 1969, so maybe she can see into hearts, and she is janet's daughter, and janet is a shipper, so we guess she passed that onto her daughter

<<<And also, the last episode we saw Cassie in, she wasn't exactly the nicest of people (although I've only seen the first three minutes of the ep so correct me if I'm wrong...) >>

oh, you so should see the rest of that!! janet rocks, totally, there's a dan/janet moment. and there's this bit where we discover cassie plays chess with both jack and sam, and cassie points out to sam that jack is not as dumb as he pretends to be..and there's this lovely shippy moment, where jack's talking about magnets, and sam can't help but laugh

<<so why do people always write her as this super-mature cool shipper? (And again, I do too! It's not a criticism, I just wonder why...)
                      >>

i think we assume that anyone who knows them ships for them..cassie, janet, major davis etc, cos isn't it obvious to everyone that they're in love? and cassie, i think is now around 18? and she's lost her mum, which tends to make people grow up fast..i think in my fic, it's not human cassie, but the wierd alien part of cassie helping jack, and that's why she seems super cool

interesting question though....but i think cassie loves sam, and wants to se her with someine, and she loves jack, and wants to see him with someone, and as children do (i think) she just puts two people she loves together

wow, long post!!! sorry, but it was an interesting question..made me think..which is always dangerous..i have a tendency to write essays when i think

Comment

[QUOTE=Lunar]Hey Michelle, I just read the 'Carter, not Samantha' fic. I wrote something very similar about the Carter Jack loves in one of my fics... guess it wasn't just my deluded mind that made it up. >>

i forgot to ask...what fic, and where is it, please..and lunar..i'm just getting round to yours

Comment

Originally posted by SNY
                          Hey!

Thanks!

Well If I tell the truth, "forbidden" and "go towards the light" are not my favorite vids... Even I want to make a "remake" of "go towards the light"... If I have time of course hehehehe

By the way! All the shipper have to watch my last shippy vid, is a tribute to Sam/Jack relationship...

SAM AND JACK TRIBUTE

Enjoy

SNY
                          Love the new video, very calm... a great tribute for our favorite couple

Comment

Originally posted by SNY
                            Hey!

Thanks!

SAM AND JACK TRIBUTE

Enjoy

SNY

You're welcome, and I did. I've become a fan!

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                              Phew! Been trying to get on GW since 9pm (stupid @#$%^&* computers!!), and of course it's so late no one is here to play with me

Anyway, thoughts on the last 6 pages.....

I too plan on watching Insanity/A$$inity *clears space on t-shirt for Ship Nana's medal* It's on at 8pm CDT, so I'll come on right after (between SG-1 and Atlantis) and give it the thumbs up/thumbs down... (assuming computer functions... ).

I'm getting worried about getcarter and her family. I guess the only thing we can do is rely on waterfall to ring and hopefully get thru soon (sending psychic hugs and comfort to Florida).

Lunar - it's really quite unfair of you to keep your Shipper Family in torment like this! I'm really enjoying your stories, I just need MORE (I feel like some sort of drug addict - just one more and I'll be OK..... ).

LOL, I dunno, I may be too drunk to serve ANYONE during the ep, seeing as I'm gonna take one for the family and watch it live, whole and unimpeded...

*raises eyebrow* (apparently the swearing filter objects to s-n-i-g-g-e-r...??? ) Is THAT was he was doing back there?? I thought he was "testing" the drinks, and digging us short cuts to our respective gutters...

end of ginormously long post, now its 2.20 and I really MUST go to bed...
                              Hey gorgeous!!!!

((((((((((((((KG))))))))))))))))

I know exactly how ya feel. I tried to get on earlier this afternoon and by the time I actually got a stable dial-in connection it was time to leave for my sister's birthday dinner. We went for Greek food.

I hope getcarter and her family are OK.

Comment

See, I agree with you on all of those counts!
                                I tried to write a fic where Cassie was a sam/pete shipper as well as a sam/jack shipper (she wanted poor Sam to finally get a little happiness; who cares with which guy!) That worked, but when I tried to make her solely Sam/Pete it just seemed... wrong.
                                Plus, aren't Sam and Jack Cassie's legal guardians now? I extrapolated this from a reported comment by TR:
                                'What happens to Cassie, now?'
                                'I guess that's up to Sam and Jack.'
                                or something along those lines... so it seems likely she'd want to see them together.
                                And Janet has to have been a shipper... she was there for all those crucial ship moments (like the D&C scene, the 100 Days thing, Entity 'just a few more minutes' scene... need I go on?) so she must have passed it on to Cassie!

Comment

Working...
                                X