This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater
    LOL! Maybe not but it sounded it it was wedged in pretty deep. Feet don't necessarily have to be big to require the Jaws of Life, just wedged in deep. LOL!
    Especially if they are both in there and taking a jog.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      I have to AGREE here.... Sam is NOW being defined BY Pete and how *HE* is this and that.... Her whole character discussion in the Lowdown was how Pete was this and that to Sam and every interview and every article... I would agree that the character is now definitely being defined by a man
      And to add insult to injury... how long I had yearned to hear AT talk with the same passion, but only for Sam/Jack.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler space for S8's New Order(s)

To her credit though, having someone turn your brain inside out is quite painful. Perhaps Jack would've broken completely if Beach Ba'al had means of actual mental torture at his disposal. Fifth essentially mind-raped her. But you're right. Sam should've still stood by Jack's decision. I think no matter how human a replicator seems to be, replicators are still robots at heart and cannot ignore their base programming, in this case to consume raw resources and replicate and Jack was right to imprison fifth along with the others.

I like the way you put that; mind-raped her. And notice how painful it was for Sam. She wasn't just reacting to the horrible images being given to her, but you could tell the process -hand in head- was hurting her big time. And as for Sam sticking by Jack's decision. Well... Sam didn't really want to do it in the first place. I'm sure Fifth saw that - she called him on it actually. But Sam was being tortured, so her defenses were being beaten farther and farther down. That whole scenario was actually THE only saving grace for me in that ep. Sam's my fave, and AT did a *fab* job. My least fave aspect of that ep for me -besides the unwanted character appearing- was .... RDA's performance. Half assed and silly. But that's just my take on it.

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          And to add insult to injury... how long I had yearned to hear AT talk with the same passion, but only for Sam/Jack.

Sally
          Amazing how the times have changed Huh??
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Spoiler space for S8's New Order(s)

I may be wrong, but Sam didn't even start sobbing until AFTER she had been mind-raped possibly dozens of times. She actually tried to block 5th's hand before the first one, but 5th just used his superhuman robot strength to strongarm his way past her block. I'd try to talk my way out of that situation too. I certainly wouldn't let him shove his hand into my brain without first trying to talk him into letting me go. I'd probably fold too. Nothing is more terrifying than a robot knowing your innermost thoughts and fears. Jack might've even folded if First had used his punishment over and over again, which was to make Jack revisit the death of his son in his mind. Mental torture, IMHO, is infinitely more worse than physical torture. Physical torture you can recover from with just some hospital time. Mental torture is not overcome as easily.
            True. And I hope they don't gloss this over like they glossed over Jack's Abyss experience and Daniel's ascension experience. These were BIG dealings for the guys, and we've barely seen any fallout. Especially for Jack. But going back to Sam; I *really* want to see the fallout for this. Will she have nightmares? Headaches?

Sally
            Last edited by majorsal; 12 July 2004, 11:45 PM. Reason: forgot spoiler space
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              go here. i got it from the sg1_spoilme yahoo group.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1...ys?id=11822639

VOTE NOW. YOUR OPINION MATTERS FOLKS! btw, this is open to both shiplets and A.N. other. i'd like to see a geniunely widespread opinion to see how everybody really feels. its a poll regarding one of the pictures in "affinity" in season 8.
              I can't vote, it doesn't have an option right for me. I don't want PS to die, just go FAR away .

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                spoilers 8th season
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /
                /

<snip>

I couldn't believe we'd still be dealing with Pete after HeroesII, but I was wrong and I got over it. The same goes for The Lost City. I dealt with his being in the first half of season 8 and was the one trying to cheer everyone else up when the kissy pics and proposal were discovered. But when I found out that Pete would still be in the show so far into the season and in a total 4 episodes, I just lost it. I felt like I should just give up, surrender, give in, forget ship, it was over. Put down the shipper sword, take off the armor-- long live Pete and good riddance. Why am I trying so hard to keep positive when it seems like TBTB could care less about ship.

So this is where I am. To ship or not to ship-- that is the question.

sistah
                *nods*

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi

I thought I must share this with my fellow shippers. It is the complaint letter I sent to MGM:

Good Day

My name is Naliza Geldenhuys.

I’m 27 years old and from South Africa.

Now in South Africa we’ve only seen Stargate’s first 3 seasons and nothing more, even our Sci-Fi channel was cancelled so no more reruns for me. I was immediately hooked onto the series because of the Sam/Jack character relationship issue.

I even went so far as to buy the rest of the seasons on DVD from Brittian. Just to give you an example – R1 (South African currency) equals about 12 pound. You can work out for yourselves how much it cost me at the end of the day. Also take into consideration the fact that I have to pay Customs and delivery costs besides the normal price.

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be investing any more money in the products due to the producers/directors (whoever is responsible) keep on forcing a certain character, Pete, onto the viewers.

You can go onto any Stargate fan board and you’ll see that hardly anybody wants this character on the show. Why keep him – maybe because he’s a certain somebody’s brother in real life?

Thanks

shippers,

you can send feedback to MGM here:
                  http://www.mgm.com/help.do

and Sci-Fi channel here:
                  [email protected]

I say we flood them with our discontent. Spread the word to whatever other fandom you guys are associated with.

sistah

Comment

Originally posted by NG.1
                    Hi

I thought I must share this with my fellow shippers. It is the complaint letter I sent to MGM:

Good Day

My name is Naliza Geldenhuys.

I’m 27 years old and from South Africa.

Now in South Africa we’ve only seen Stargate’s first 3 seasons and nothing more, even our Sci-Fi channel was cancelled so no more reruns for me. I was immediately hooked onto the series because of the Sam/Jack character relationship issue.

I even went so far as to buy the rest of the seasons on DVD from Brittian. Just to give you an example – R1 (South African currency) equals about 12 pound. You can work out for yourselves how much it cost me at the end of the day. Also take into consideration the fact that I have to pay Customs and delivery costs besides the normal price.

Unfortunately I don’t think I’ll be investing any more money in the products due to the producers/directors (whoever is responsible) keep on forcing a certain character, Pete, onto the viewers.

You can go onto any Stargate fan board and you’ll see that hardly anybody wants this character on the show. Why keep him – maybe because he’s a certain somebody’s brother in real life?

Thanks
                    Sorry, I actually meant 1 pound equals R1.

Reading at my e-mail it sounds a bit harsh but on the other hand I can't help but think, "So what?".

Maybe we need harshness to make TPTB wake up and respect the majority of fans' wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

<snip>

[...] is we are all so STARVED for anything that I am sitting here reading this little blurb over and over *trying* to find a *meaning* good, bad or indifferent. What does it MEAN??? Then I think to myself my gosh woman...you are so pathetic...you are trying to find a hidden meaning in a post.....
                      but THAT is how much the LACK of information regarding anything with Sam & Jack has affected alot of us I think (please tell me I am not alone here )
                      And seeing that the ONLY ship we keep seeing and hearing about is... *can't write it*. Oh, how I wish we could go back to season 6!

Sally

ps - a season 6 with Daniel too!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I thought this was something squirting out of the one's ear for the other to drink... ew.

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Lots of people have been threatening to burn their DVDs and boycott the show. That won't get us anywhere.

Also, if we send a strong worded letter to TPTB, they won't listen. We need to use a level of tact, if we are going to make our point.

If you wanted added to my petition, send you name (surname too) along with your age and country to

[email protected]

Please note, that this letter will not be angry and abusive. I am plainly going to explain people's points of view, and hope for a response.

Thanks

Suz

Suz ..Can we do the letter on line then.??!!!..it should be short .....TogetherSam andJack...as the title for the petition ....Why in a few words ....also mention that if the Sam and Jack shippers are upset about the ending ..they may not watch Atlantis ......it's not a threat but a fact....and the most important is ...as many name as we can ..THAT'S ALL Short and to the point ..

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                            The only thing I'm interested in relation to the storyline is the reaction of Joe in his new Gateworld column.

Do you know if Lisa got my video CD?? not that I care now for Amanda to get it ...but hey ..I didn't do it for nothing!!!!

Actually GOOD NEWS... she should receive it any how because the parcel of my 3 videos CD I lost last months ...has been found .....and it will be given to her at gatecon ...but not with the letter..we sent
                            Or in any case ..she'll receive lots of CD from me ...She'll remember my name then

caty

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              ((((((sugarshaker))))))) and (((((token too))))).... no wait a smiley is better..............

Time to go to our Happy Places...

I have faith still that Pete's a plot device (albiet a longer one than the other characters have had in their personal lives in a long time) and that TPTB still have the S/J sailing along, though they are in the midst of inflicting Hurricane Pete on us.

If it helps do what I do... take all the interviews, all the spoilers... everything... with a healthy dose of skepticism (and a big box of Shipper cookies). Especially when reading the interviews w/the actors because while they have control over their craft as they present it during the days of filming, it's the producers/writers/directors/editors who have their hands on it afterwards & what finally gets on the screen the night we watch it may look nothing like what the actor thought s/he was filming. (And filming multiple eps at one time.... how does the actor really know what's going on? S/he may hope it ends up like the script, but they never know until like us they see the end product....)

DDL may have a family connection and hear more of the 'buzz' from the set than the average actor, but.... remember he's not the one controlling where the show is going. TPTB know their characters & where they want things to go.....

(actually... I think I may stop here before I talk myself out of my positive frame of mind...)

(and remember.... DDL "hopes the door to Stargate Atlantis remains open for him." Let's hope that they're in the midst of arranging for that as we post????)

well I just read another interview from AT which I'm not happy about at all

caty

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                Secondly, this is a question from someone from outside of the States.....Why does eveyone have such a high regard for the De Louise family? Now, I don't mean any disrespect, but here in Scotland (and I'm sure the rest of the UK), we really only know about Dom DL from various films. We don't see the rest of the family in all their various programmes, therefore we don't hold them in awe!!! JMHO! I keep hearing how wonderful they all are...and I'm sure if I met them I would probably think the same. My point is... I will never meet them, so I don't care!!!
                                Third point....ha..you thought I only had two (that was a red herring like the PTB keep giving us!), This show is all about the Stargate, so why are we getting all this publicity for what should be a secondary character???
                                I also have to add that I am very sad that my all time favourite character in all my shows (Sam) has become a stereotypical babe from sci-fi! *sigh*
                                I know...I'm ranting, but I felt the need to. Where's my happy place??
                                I agree Dips, I'm in Glasgow, and although I kind of knew Dom DL, I couldn't have told you where from, I only got to know him through Urgo - which I hated, I found it irritating and stupid. In fact, I taped it, watched it, rewound it and taped over it immediately. Like Jim Carrey, I think that humour just passes me right on by! Perhaps it's the Scottish sense of humour (Chewing the Fat anyone?) So no, I don't hold any of them in awe!

Yep, also, the show is about the Stargate, so why are we getting all this publicity for a secondary character? Do we get all this publicity for any of the tidy Tok'ra that pop up? No. Why is there no article on Sebastian Spence, or the lovely, lovely Colin Cunningham, or the wee cutie that plays Agent Barratt?

Yep, also to Sam. Don't even get me started on Sam....

Comment

Working...
                                X