X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    Amen Sistah!!!

Also want to share with you a piece from a book I'm reading (and remember I'll read just about anything, even cereal boxes, if it's well-written! )... the first thing I thought of was the S/P/J triangle:
    "Once you've emotionally committed to a particular outcome, it can be very hard to maintain your objectivity. The stronger the emotional commitment, the greater the tendency to behave irrationally. This is why counselors usually advise against sexual intimacy until mutual respect, trust, and friendship have been well-established. Once the powerful and pleasurable ingredient of sex has been added to a relationship, we tend to overlook even basic flaws until the passion subsides. By then we may be well down the road toward emotional disaster."

(p.14 from "Reading People" by Jo-Ellan Dimitrius, Ph.D. & Mark Mazzarella)
    Originally posted by marimba26
    Interesting, very interesting! Makes a good bit of sense and I can see why you thought of our favorite love triangle.
    Spoiler:
    Magnifies the mistake Sam is making with Pete, I think. Jumping at the first guy who shows an interest, then magnifying that by letting him pressure her into a more serious relationship than she's ready for. Spells doom, I think. Now, if she'll only realize it before it's too late.

She will. Marimba. She will. Have faith.

But your point is dead on.

Bucky
    Last edited by Bucky; 23 August 2004, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      Old fashioned spoiler space

Just before the GW site went error crazy someone posted a quote from RDA. It was something RDA said about Jack was going to go civilian as head of SG so as to resolve the S/J tapdance. Or similar. THEN, someone else answered--said, "Well, he's the boss so he'll have it happen." Or similar. Then nothing!! You'd think there would be plenty of discussion if he really did say that. Wha' happened? Did the writers of those posts delete them? I know I didn't imagine them. (But I'm beginning to wonder......).
      I think you're mixing posts together. Here's my sigline -on s/j list- that I wrote up here.

From RDA interview re avenues for S8

"There are some relationship aspects
      that haven't been examined fully or
      completely, or resolved in any way,
      shape or form... I guess the titillating
      aspect of the ongoing tap-dance that
      O'Neill and Carter have been playing
      with really does need to be addressed."

Then someone said in a different post about RDA being boss, so he'll get what he wants -something like that. Anyhoo, I 'think' the posts mixed together in your head -wishful thinking.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        Ok it's time to issue to all residents of Shipper Town who exhibited courage above and beyond the call of duty by watching A$$inity their Shipper medal of courage.

SHIPPER MEDAL OF COURAGE!!!!!!!

is issued to the following Shippers:

Ship Nana
        Lunar
        Caty
        Marimba
        MajorSal

Please insert your name

Sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
          Perhaps Peat is hard of hearing?

Sam: "Yes"
          Peat: "Huh?"
          Peat: "What?"
          Peat: "Wait, I think my ear bud is off."
          Peat: "No, the battery is dead."
          Peat: "Look at me. I'll read your lips."
          Peat: "Yes?"
          Peat: "...What were we talking about again?"
          Sam: "Oh never mind."
          HAHAHAHA!! That rocks!
          Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Karibou, I loved your fanfic!! Does it have more?? We haven't heard what the general's have said about the whole situation! *begs pitifully* pleaaasssee!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              I think you're mixing posts together. Here's my sigline -on s/j list- that I wrote up here.

From RDA interview re avenues for S8

"There are some relationship aspects
              that haven't been examined fully or
              completely, or resolved in any way,
              shape or form... I guess the titillating
              aspect of the ongoing tap-dance that
              O'Neill and Carter have been playing
              with really does need to be addressed."

Then someone said in a different post about RDA being boss, so he'll get what he wants -something like that. Anyhoo, I 'think' the posts mixed together in your head -wishful thinking.

Sally

Very possible, esp. if it was late night or early morning. Do you have a # on your post? I'm not doubting you, I would just enjoy seeing it again in situ, to help my rational brain come to terms with my faulty memory brain.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                Anyone seen "A Beautiful Mind" w/Russell Crowe??
                Not that I agree with the Phantasy Pete idea *shrugs* , but I thought I'd throw the movie reference in there since he 'saw' some people there too.
                GOOD one! I had forgotten that one. The genius schzophrenia could fit here.
                Major Kawalsky
                I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
                U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  Karibou, I loved your fanfic!! Does it have more?? We haven't heard what the general's have said about the whole situation! *begs pitifully* pleaaasssee!
                  Yay!!!! So glad I suckered someone here into reading my fic, LOL!! Yes, there is more coming. I've been a writing fool these days. I've actually sacrificed sleep to add chapters. (And, being a mom of 8 month old twins, SLEEP IS SACRED!) I've been averaging 2 or 3 chapters a week. No idea how long I can keep that up. The story is like 30,000+ words right now, and everything after chapter 3 was written real-time. I have a whole slew of ideas, though, so please keep reading!!

Thanks so much for the feedback! And, I must site MichelleB as an inspiration to me!
                  -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    I have no doubts we will have an ending that does put Sam & jack together........ the question how they will do it........and that is what scares me
                    It scares me too, because I don't want it to be dull or ambiguous.

At least a mouth-watering, juicy kiss!!! *could it get any better than Grace?*

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

(notice how i lose caps early on in my posting?)

I used to think big time that PS was a chimera as well -the entire ep was a chimera. When I read your thoughts on this in the Affinity thread, my feelings on this resurfaced. I have one question, though, that might ruin our theory. When PS and Sam were at the park, getting their food at the food vendor... did the vendor guy acknowledge PS, or was it PS that said 'thank you' for their food? If it was the latter, our theory is still strong.

Sally
                      Spoiler:
                      Pete says thank you but "Duke the Hot Dog Guy" nods to Sam, not Pete. Just like in the warehouse takedown, the Special Ops guy reports to Sam that the building is empty and Pete says, "How can that be?", the Special Ops guy half-turns his head in Pete's direction but he is looking at another Special Ops soldier to Sam's right.

Both scenes are filmed such that you think that Pete is interacting with others but with the M. Night Shyamalan glasses you can see that nobody else acknowledges him.

Welcome to the "Pete as Chimera Camp"grounds. Pitch your tent anywhere.
                      Major Kawalsky
                      I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
                      U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

It scares me too, because I don't want it to be dull or ambiguous.

At least a mouth-watering, juicy kiss!!! *could it get any better than Grace?*

Sally
                        Mmmmmmm....

Now I'm all fluttery, remembering the Grace kiss.

*sigh* Could we please have one of those smooches WITHOUT it being imagined, part of a time-loop, or a result of alien allergans? LOL!
                        -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                          Does anyone want a $5 off coupon for the shipper store?

If so please PM me with your email address and I will send you one!

Take it from me,

Shipper Shopping Shall help all Shippers Save their Sanity!

Now say that 5 times fast!!!

I know that I am going to sound like a real dumdum but I don't know how to PM Could you tell me what to do?
                          Gatetime

Comment

But it all comes back to one GLARING DETAIL!! TPTB have never allowed them to have an adult conversation so how the heck can either Sam or Jack make any decisions about HOW the OTHER one feels
                            Yep!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

regular spoiler space

I guess I am going to be the detractor here.
                              I really felt that EVERYONE's performance was a bit *flat*
                              Even RDA in the office scenes ( I was impressed in the Lab, only one)
                              CJ and MS had it turn up a little more but overall I really felt like even the cast felt this was a *bad* episode. It may have been the way it was edited that made the cast just seem like they were there that day getting a paycheck. This is TOTALLY my personal opinion
                              But I just felt NO JUICE from anyone about the whole episode.
                              RDA shined in that one moment in the lab - and there were little moments for each of the cast but it just wasn't what I have always seen from the cast especially this season.
                              I felt Amanda nailed the 'yes' scene. It reminded me of someone asking you if you're happy, and while you're saying yes, you're shaking your head. Her words were yes, but her voice and quiet demeanor were saying not really. That's the impression that scene gave me. It's layered acting, and I felt Amanda nailed it spot on.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's chimera and s8's affinity

That gave me the shivers. What about everytime that Sam goes/has gone to Pete, it's because of a kind of rejection from Jack? If this were the case, then I can think of so many scenes to support this. Man, this would so rock!

Sally
                                But what will they do with it that is the next question
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X