Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    Here's a question from out of left field for you guys-
    Do you ever think that Sam and Jack would have kids? Why or why not, and under what circumstances?
    Much as I would love to see the genetic offspring of Sam and Jack I really don't think they'd have kids. Age would be the primary factor. However, I love fanfic looking at different scenarios.
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      Much as I would love to see the genetic offspring of Sam and Jack I really don't think they'd have kids. Age would be the primary factor. However, I love fanfic looking at different scenarios.
      I don't think they would, either, but I'm not sure why. I don't think they're too old.
      I never met a baby fanfic I actually liked, probably because I'm not much for fluff.

Comment

I don't think they would, either, but I'm not sure why. I don't think they're too old, actually.
        I never met a baby fanfic I actually liked, probably because I'm not much for fluff.
        Maybe also the fact they are both still so wrapped in their careers which cause them to go off and save galaxies and the world fcol! Perhaps they think it wouldn't be fair to the child and to each other, if something were to happen to them. Now of course I realize that our military families face this choice all the time too, but I think that it's different when you're running out to other galaxies.
        sigpic

Comment

Here's a question from out of left field for you guys-
          Do you ever think that Sam and Jack would have kids? Why or why not, and under what circumstances?
          Hmmmmm.... before I take a stab at this one, what is the guessed age for Sam by the time season 10 ends?
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe also the fact they are both still so wrapped in their careers which cause them to go off and save galaxies and the world fcol! Perhaps they think it wouldn't be fair to the child and to each other, if something were to happen to them. Now of course I realize that our military families face this choice all the time too, but I think that it's different when you're running out to other galaxies.
            Sam did think about it, though, even when she was in the middle of saving the world. I guess she decided it was a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
              Hmmmmm.... before I take a stab at this one, what is the guessed age for Sam by the time season 10 ends?
              Well, she was born in 1968 according to Entity.
              So, 38 then, 40 now. I believe Jack is 56 or 57, also based on that ep.
              You know, they could BOTH retire.

Comment

I don't know if I ever see that happening! They strike me as so type A personality that they would have to be hands on in terms of galaxy exploration. Does the military have a forced retirement based on age?
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmm.... Well, I really don't know. I'd love to see Sam with kids (and Jack too...) but I can't see her trying to have kids at 40. However, I could see adoption. Jack's good with kids, we've seen that over the years, but I'm not 100% sure that he would want a kid. Plus as it was already pointed out, they're both pretty involved in work and I can't see them wanting to have a child while facing the possibility of being away for undetermined amounts of time, or dying and leaving a kid behind.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't know if I ever see that happening! They strike me as so type A personality that they would have to be hands on in terms of galaxy exploration. Does the military have a forced retirement based on age?
                    I believe so, but it doesn't apply to people of their rank.

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                    Hmmmmm.... Well, I really don't know. I'd love to see Sam with kids (and Jack too...) but I can't see her trying to have kids at 40. However, I could see adoption. Jack's good with kids, we've seen that over the years, but I'm not 100% sure that he would want a kid. Plus as it was already pointed out, they're both pretty involved in work and I can't see them wanting to have a child while facing the possibility of being away for undetermined amounts of time, or dying and leaving a kid behind.
                    I agree. They're too busy. That, I think, is the main thing. I think they barely have time for each other.

Comment

Maybe the reason Sam took the position at Area 51 because she and Jack were seriously considering having a baby. An AU fic, where the Ori never happened and they followed through on the idea could be interesting.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                        Maybe the reason Sam took the position at Area 51 because she and Jack were seriously considering having a baby. An AU fic, where the Ori never happened and they followed through on the idea could be interesting.
                        Well, we do know for sure that they did in one AU, the one from The Ripple Effect where Carter was on maternity leave because JM confirmed Jack was indeed the father. I had forgotten about that. I wonder what Jack was doing in that AU? So maybe it isn't as far out of the question as I had imagined.
                        Last edited by VSS; 25 May 2009, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I can see Sam trying to have a kid in the year 2010 because that's what she was doing in the episode 2010.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

i'd *love* to see sam and jack have children/a child together!!

do i think they would? it's been shown they both have an interest in children, so i really don't see why not. but they'd need to do it very soon so the child would stand a better chance of coming out healthy and normal.

but i can't help thinking they'd want one... or two.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                              I can see Sam trying to have a kid in the year 2010 because that's what she was doing in the episode 2010.
                              To me, this is an even more significant AU because that's our Sam. We know when that timeline split off, unlike all those other AUs from the Ripple Effect.

But I agree with majorsal, they'd better get on it if that's the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                                wow good idea KatG! I'm not sure VSS, I think with Sam just being given command of the General Hammond they're not in a great position to try - ok that came out *really* wrong but you know what I meant.
                                I like KatG's idea, I think if Sam hadn't been posted to the GH they might have tried 'now', it's a similar situation to after S8 - a relatively safe galaxy, but it there is an age factor, even if it's not the primary one...
                                I don't really see it happening on the show - unless the last shot was one of a pregnancy test...
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X