Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
    Ok so if she has photos of Jack in Atlantis, and indicates to Keller she's seeing someone in Washington, I'd say that accounts for something.

    I think my only concern at this point (for the 3rd film) is that a small part of why I enjoy the series so much IS because of the UST. Like Joss Whedon once said, give audiences what they need, not what they want. Yes, I want 'confirmation' in the 3rd film but I want that as the payoff at the end of the story. I want these two to struggle for it within the film's story. Otherwise, it won't have the same value, IMHO.
    Oh the UST. How I love UST, but I'm of two minds.... I'd love the UST to continue, but I really want to see confirmation! As in, most of the movie is UST with a little moment at the end of comfirmation. Nothing huge like a big wedding or something like that. Just something that's a sweet moment, but one that leaves no doubt about their relationship status.

    Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
    Sold! Having read the ideas proposed above -- with Sam captured and Jack taking off after her -- I'd like to see Teal'c and/or Daniel have a heart to heart with Jack about the two of them. Yeah, call it mushy, but I've always considered T and Daniel to be card carrying shippers.

    I've become unreasonably antsy about this third film as of late. I suspect the reason they haven't announced the shooting schedule yet is because of the SAG contract talks but geez, Louise, let's go already.
    Ahhhh Teal'c. Wasn't he dubbed the first shipper?
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      I agree - to a point. I think more interesting would be knowing they're together at the beginning of the film and then during the course of the story come to realize that one or both of their lives are in danger. One of them could lose the other and therein would lie the tragedy and heartbreak of it all.

      No, I'd rather the UST be gone finally. It's dragged on long enough. You can have compelling drama all wrapped up in with firmly established RST characterization that doesn't lessen their importance as individuals.
      i agree, because i just can't wrap my head around sam and jack not going forward after what happened in 'threads'. it would just make them seem emotionally retarded.
      sally

      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        Teal'c, if either of the two, is very clearly aware of the feelings between Sam and Jack. If for no other reason are his perceptive remarks to Jack when Sam is missing in Grace.

        I'm not as sold on Daniel really knowing but if someone would like to put forth an arguement in favor of it, perhaps I can be swayed



        <snip>.
        I agree. I think that Daniel knows about Sam and Jack, but I don't necessarily think he approves. At the very least, he didn't in S4, but whether he's changed his mind since then, I just don't know. I say he didn't approve in S4 because there were instances in Divide & Conquer, like when he tried to not let Sam know that Jack was going to undergo the procedure for her. He made some lame excuse, after which Janet (who is also a shipper like Teal'c) tells her that he's doing it because he thinks it can save her. Yes, Daniel could have been trying to spare her in case things went badly, but would losing the man you love be any easier if you knew he did it for you? I don't think so. Either way he would be gone.

        And yes, Teal'c is the #1 shipper.
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

        Comment


          I can not remember any point where Daniel reacted towards Sam and Jack's relationship. I love reading what you are all posting, and can't wait for the rewatch! I seriously missed the reactions. Either than or it was just those that keep silent create the most reaction. (Teal'c's little eyebrow move makes all the noise )
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
            Sold! Having read the ideas proposed above -- with Sam captured and Jack taking off after her -- I'd like to see Teal'c and/or Daniel have a heart to heart with Jack about the two of them. Yeah, call it mushy, but I've always considered T and Daniel to be card carrying shippers.

            I've become unreasonably antsy about this third film as of late. I suspect the reason they haven't announced the shooting schedule yet is because of the SAG contract talks but geez, Louise, let's go already.
            Welcome, digitalred93! Glad you found us.

            Someone "in the know" in L.A. told me it was doubtful that SAG would go on strike this year. With the economy so bad, it would probably kill everything for everyone...and no one wants that.

            You could be right...but my thought is that Brad has been dividing his time between writing the third film and working on SGU...and SGU has a tighter deadline on it. Also, Amanda won't be available until shooting on Sanctuary wraps...so they've probably revised their schedule somewhat.

            Anyone else?

            Comment


              Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
              Welcome, digitalred93! Glad you found us.

              Someone "in the know" in L.A. told me it was doubtful that SAG would go on strike this year. With the economy so bad, it would probably kill everything for everyone...and no one wants that.

              You could be right...but my thought is that Brad has been dividing his time between writing the third film and working on SGU...and SGU has a tighter deadline on it. Also, Amanda won't be available until shooting on Sanctuary wraps...so they've probably revised their schedule somewhat.

              Anyone else?
              Do they have a script on the go yet? I remember hearing about the SGA script, but not an SG-1. All I remember is that

              Spoiler:
              RDA is supposed to be in it and CB isn't.


              Uh, are we spoilering that kind of info? Or is it common knowledge?
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                Do they have a script on the go yet? I remember hearing about the SGA script, but not an SG-1. All I remember is that

                Spoiler:
                RDA is supposed to be in it and CB isn't.


                Uh, are we spoilering that kind of info? Or is it common knowledge?
                I don't think we have to spoiler that because it doesn't include story details.

                Brad Wright has been working on the SG-1 script for some time, and we first heard they were going to shoot this summer. Now people are saying fall, but I don't know where that info originated. I know they'll have to wait for Sanctuary to wrap so both Amanda and Martin Wood will be available. Martin is directing the third movie, which TPTB are currently referring to as Terzo (Italian for third).

                And I had heard that the SGA movie was put on hold because of the economy. I hope that's not true, but I seem to remember reading that somewhere credible recently...like GW or Joe's blog.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                  I can not remember any point where Daniel reacted towards Sam and Jack's relationship.
                  Other than out of surprise in There But For the Grace...

                  This is an issue I've been trying to wrap my head around for the past few days. In Continuum, we never see a moment between Daniel and Sam in reaction
                  Spoiler:
                  to Jack's death.


                  It's clear Teal'c's a shipper. Heck, to these eyes, it appears that even Hammond knew (e.g. Entity). Janet was certainly aware. From '200' and other little bits, you even got the sense that Mitchell and Vala 'got it' as well.

                  So why is Daniel either a)clueless or b)disapproving?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    I don't think we have to spoiler that because it doesn't include story details.

                    Brad Wright has been working on the SG-1 script for some time, and we first heard they were going to shoot this summer. Now people are saying fall, but I don't know where that info originated. I know they'll have to wait for Sanctuary to wrap so both Amanda and Martin Wood will be available. Martin is directing the third movie, which TPTB are currently referring to as Terzo (Italian for third).

                    And I had heard that the SGA movie was put on hold because of the economy. I hope that's not true, but I seem to remember reading that somewhere credible recently...like GW or Joe's blog.
                    Brad Wright and Martin Wood? Sounds like a good combo I too heard that the SGA movie had been delayed because of economic concerns... however, the Canadian dollar took a bit of a dive () so while it's bad for my Ski trips south of the 49th, isn't that a good thing for the franchise?

                    Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                    Other than out of surprise in There But For the Grace...

                    This is an issue I've been trying to wrap my head around for the past few days. In Continuum, we never see a moment between Daniel and Sam in reaction
                    Spoiler:
                    to Jack's death.


                    It's clear Teal'c's a shipper. Heck, to these eyes, it appears that even Hammond knew (e.g. Entity). Janet was certainly aware. From '200' and other little bits, you even got the sense that Mitchell and Vala 'got it' as well.

                    So why is Daniel either a)clueless or b)disapproving?
                    In Continuum

                    Spoiler:
                    when Jack dies, I loved Sam's reaction. Just pure shock. The way she struggled to get going again, it was done well.


                    That's something to watch for, for me, in the rewatch.... how everyone else reacts to Sam and Jack's friendship/emerging relationship. I mean, often it is friends who point out the obvious, as those involved can be oblivious...

                    I remember Jacob when he first meets Jack. That reaction was instant! And Janet, if she didn't know before D&C, she certainly found out then....
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                      Other than out of surprise in There But For the Grace...

                      This is an issue I've been trying to wrap my head around for the past few days. In Continuum, we never see a moment between Daniel and Sam in reaction
                      Spoiler:
                      to Jack's death.


                      It's clear Teal'c's a shipper. Heck, to these eyes, it appears that even Hammond knew (e.g. Entity). Janet was certainly aware. From '200' and other little bits, you even got the sense that Mitchell and Vala 'got it' as well.

                      So why is Daniel either a)clueless or b)disapproving?
                      Oh, I have to cheerfully disagree. I can't name any eps in particular right now, but there have been multiple times when Daniel and Teal'c have shared a chuckle, a head shake or a knowing grin in reaction to an interaction between Jack and Sam.

                      And remember when Sam was missing in Grace? There was a very telling scene in an SGC elevator between Daniel and Jack. Jack is clearly worried about Sam's whereabouts. He snaps at Daniel...and I've always felt Daniel knew exactly why.

                      Nighty-night.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                        Oh, I have to cheerfully disagree. I can't name any eps in particular right now, but there have been multiple times when Daniel and Teal'c have shared a chuckle, a head shake or a knowing grin...
                        Oh, please... give me examples to watch. I'm looking for any excuse to watch this series again. Seriously.

                        I'm a pathetic fan sometimes.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          And remember when Sam was missing in Grace? There was a very telling scene in an SGC elevator between Daniel and Jack. Jack is clearly worried about Sam's whereabouts. He snaps at Daniel...and I've always felt Daniel knew exactly why.
                          I believe he did too, it's the same with the scene at the end in Lost City when Sam shows her desperation when Jack is put in the stasis pod. Oh and in New Order where they think Sam is dead and Jack has just been revived.

                          EDIT: Hey i kind of unknowingly answered your post digitalred93
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                            I don't think we have to spoiler that because it doesn't include story details.

                            Brad Wright has been working on the SG-1 script for some time, and we first heard they were going to shoot this summer. Now people are saying fall, but I don't know where that info originated. I know they'll have to wait for Sanctuary to wrap so both Amanda and Martin Wood will be available. Martin is directing the third movie, which TPTB are currently referring to as Terzo (Italian for third).

                            And I had heard that the SGA movie was put on hold because of the economy. I hope that's not true, but I seem to remember reading that somewhere credible recently...like GW or Joe's blog.
                            no, Luvnjack asked Joe and he said it hadn't been postponed or cancelled or anything like that. IMHO fans wanted it sooner than they could make it
                            They know they've got to work out scripts/contracts/shooting schedules etc. it'll happen just not in the next week...
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                              Brad Wright and Martin Wood? Sounds like a good combo I too heard that the SGA movie had been delayed because of economic concerns... however, the Canadian dollar took a bit of a dive () so while it's bad for my Ski trips south of the 49th, isn't that a good thing for the franchise?
                              Yes, it's very good. But our Treasury Dept. was working overtime this week so now USD have fallen. But they just got a bunch of snow in Big Sky, too, so come on down!




                              Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                              Other than out of surprise in There But For the Grace...

                              This is an issue I've been trying to wrap my head around for the past few days. In Continuum, we never see a moment between Daniel and Sam in reaction
                              Spoiler:
                              to Jack's death.


                              It's clear Teal'c's a shipper. Heck, to these eyes, it appears that even Hammond knew (e.g. Entity). Janet was certainly aware. From '200' and other little bits, you even got the sense that Mitchell and Vala 'got it' as well.

                              So why is Daniel either a)clueless or b)disapproving?
                              Well, it started when he got decked in The Broca Divide

                              But really, TBD virus wasn't just an alien influence- it allowed existing primitive behaviors to surface, it didn't create totally new ones. Like the guy in the briefing room who clearly didn't like Teal'c from the outset- the virus just disinhibited him to the point where he jumped Teal'c. So clearly Daniel has known since then that Jack had a thing for his 2IC.

                              And Jack can be a Grade A jerk when he wants to be. I think Daniel is trying to protect Sam. I also think that he has a high opinion of Sam, and maybe just a little wishes she loved him instead (think of what he said to her in Fallen). He has a high opinion of Jack, too, in spite of their differences. I think he just believes Jack isn't right for her.


                              But there's a line in BSG that was said to Pres. Roslin that applies to Daniel, I think- "You're their President....but you don't love people." That's Daniel. He's a very smart man, but he's in love with the concept of humanity, not with individual humans. I think individuals disappoint him, because he has such lofty ideals. I don't think he pays much attention to humans once he gets to know them- he likes them when they represent some abstract concept.

                              So he isn't going to spend a lot of time comforting anyone. He's not that close to anyone with the possible exception of Jack.I think that's why he gets a little disillusioned as the years go by- human beings constantly disappoint him, and in the end, humanity does, too.
                              Last edited by VSS; March 26, 2009, 03:11 AM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                                Oh, please... give me examples to watch. I'm looking for any excuse to watch this series again. Seriously.

                                I'm a pathetic fan sometimes.
                                In "Grace" when Jack is in the locker room, Teal'c confronts him about his feelings for the missing Carter.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X