Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

This is a pro Sam/Jack ship thread. Unlike the others, this is an OT and fluff free zone. It is only for discussion of Sam and Jack's relationship.

Fluffier discussions of shipper cookies, penguins, fanfic, and frou-frou drinks are welcome in the other two San/Jack threads: The classic Sam/Jack Ship Family Discussion Thread and the new Sam/Jack Shipper Resort.

Chatter about life, the universe, and everything not Sam/Jack related is very welcome in The Chatter Thread.
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

At last! A good threat about their relationship!

Let begins this thread with this question:

What do you think is going to happen between them in season 9?

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by SNY

SNY
      Season 9 spoilers, vague though they are:
      Spoiler:
      I can't quite make up my mind on this. There's precious little information about what Sam is doing at the beginning of season 9. Jack is off running Homeworld security. Sam is not at the SGC and on another mission. She's said to be elsewhere for personal and professional reasons. It's the personal that gives me hope for ship.

I'm also glad to see RDA will be back for some guest work. That he's in two of the first few is a good sign in my book. He's clearly not retired completely as many have said and they're obviously willing to make it work since they've done some scenes with him in LA. I think we'll see him here and there throughout the season. I think there's a lot of potential for something shippy, but I suspect it will continue to be subtle. That seems the way it goes with our pair.

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
        Season 9 spoilers, vague though they are:
        Spoiler:
        I can't quite make up my mind on this. There's precious little information about what Sam is doing at the beginning of season 9. Jack is off running Homeworld security. Sam is not at the SGC and on another mission. She's said to be elsewhere for personal and professional reasons. It's the personal that gives me hope for ship.
        Season 9 Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        I have hope about the personal reason but I'm scared also because there is a possibility that she is going away to make a mission with the Tok'ra because of her father or something like go to another world for another mission because she needs time and space to think about her life. That is the worse possibility.

Spoiler:

I'm also glad to see RDA will be back for some guest work. That he's in two of the first few is a good sign in my book. He's clearly not retired completely as many have said and they're obviously willing to make it work since they've done some scenes with him in LA. I think we'll see him here and there throughout the season. I think there's a lot of potential for something shippy, but I suspect it will continue to be subtle. That seems the way it goes with our pair.

Season 9 Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        I always knew that he was going to appear in season 9. I believe that he will appear in some episodes at the beginning and to end of season they will do something so that he also appears again and we will have some nice shippy scenes between Carter and O'Neill. It will not be very obvious, but I believe that we will even obtain a real kiss..

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by SNY
          Season 9 Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          I always knew that he was going to appear in season 9. I believe that he will appear in some episodes at the beginning and to end of season they will do something so that he also appears again and we will have some nice shippy scenes between Carter and O'Neill. It will not be very obvious, but I believe that we will even obtain a real kiss..

SNY
          Season 9 spoilers
          Spoiler:
          I really hope you're right on this! It's been way too long without a real one. We have gotten the various not so real ones at the rate of about one a season, so it's almost reasonable to think we'll get something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by SNY

SNY
            Well I think that Season 9
            Spoiler:

with Jack in the first episodes but with no Sam, I don't know how TPTB could do ship.
            Then when Sam comes back, Jack won't be there anymore. So I don't know how TPTB could do ship (do you hear an echo here ? )
            But I would love to be surprised !
            For instance, I would love to hear Jack saying something like that : "I'm sorry guys but Sam couldn't come here cause she's got too much work in Washington. But I'll make sure to give her all the kisses you want to send her"
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Season 9 spoilers
              Spoiler:
              I really hope you're right on this! It's been way too long without a real one. We have gotten the various not so real ones at the rate of about one a season, so it's almost reasonable to think we'll get something along those lines.
              Well, FCOL! Season 9
              Spoiler:
              Is there any other option other than a real one? I mean, they have done the virus, alternate reality, time loop, hallucination, alternate time stuff! What else could there be??? Wait! I forget this is SciFi! hmmm...They could go with clones!

I hope your right about one a season! I'll take it!

BTW...I'm glad you started this thread. We are allowed to be funny, right?

Token ~

Comment

Season 9 spoilers
                Spoiler:
                I keeping my fingers crossed Next question: do you think that we'll get to see Sam spending the night with Jack.Here is my thought
                Spoiler:
                Perhaps in Avalon that we see Sam sleeping and than her phone cell goes off.Something urgent.She says she has got to go and than we get a shot of someone lying right next to her:JACK
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Season 9 spoilers...well maybe. Better safe then sorry I guess.
                  Spoiler:
                  Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the episodes that RDA is going to be in appear, thus far, to be episodes where AT is gone? I really hope that he comes back when she's back as well. They really need to do something with their relationship. I'm really over the vague stuff. And AMEN on a real actual honest to goodness kiss. I'm not one who thinks that they need to get married and have kids or have a bedroom scene or anything huge but an actual kiss might be nice after 8 years. It's kind of funny cuz my ship expectations have always been pretty low and I'm disapointed with season 8 so I wonder how people who wanted more are feeling?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    Spoiler:
                    Is anyone else bothered by the fact that the episodes that RDA is going to be in appear, thus far, to be episodes where AT is gone? I really hope that he comes back when she's back as well. They really need to do something with their relationship. I'm really over the vague stuff. And AMEN on a real actual honest to goodness kiss. I'm not one who thinks that they need to get married and have kids or have a bedroom scene or anything huge but an actual kiss might be nice after 8 years. It's kind of funny cuz my ship expectations have always been pretty low and I'm disapointed with season 8 so I wonder how people who wanted more are feeling?
                    Yeah It bothers me a lot that this is going to happen while
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam is gone we get to see Jack so how are we able to expect some shippy moments
                    Lord Zedd

Comment

Season 9 spoilers
                      Spoiler:

Season 9 spoilers:
                      Spoiler:
                      They have played too much with this relationship, extending it too much without ending it and all the fans are tired. So what I think is that in season 9 they will give us the resolution on this plot that has lasted many years. Like for example a real kiss or some proof that makes us see that they are together. I don't want to see a wedding or Carter calling O'Neill "darling" or "honey"... But I can agree in Carter get pregnant, it would be a great argument to explore...

SNY

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                        Well, FCOL! Season 9
                        Spoiler:
                        Is there any other option other than a real one? I mean, they have done the virus, alternate reality, time loop, hallucination, alternate time stuff! What else could there be??? Wait! I forget this is SciFi! hmmm...They could go with clones!
                        Season 9 spoilers?
                        Spoiler:
                        Or amnesia, those mimic device thingys (although I would laugh really hard if it was somehow McKay using it), virtual reality, robots, unstuck in time ... the options are limitless. Lets hope they don't take it as a challenge to find more ways to make it not count. I like my running jokes more in the vein of Murphy Brown's revolving secretaries. Real would be delightful.

BTW...I'm glad you started this thread. We are allowed to be funny, right?
                        Funny is always welcome in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                          Spoiler:
                          I was a bit concerned initially S9
                          Spoiler:
                          with RDA's eps being announced for the beginning, but like others, I think we'll see more of Jack through the season - even if only small parts. I'm gonna hold out for ship, though I don't expect much. I expected waaaaaay more than I got in S8 and was bitterly disappointed with how much was left up to the imagination at the end of Threads and Moebius. This season, I'm going in with MB's huge rose tinted glasses, and am gonna appreciate every little bit I get.

I'll be happy with the slightest acknowledgement of a relationship (Of course, I'm still holding out for that honkin big kiss with our own, no AU or AI or ALT, real, honest to goodness Sam & Jack )
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            I was a bit concerned initially S9
                            Spoiler:
                            with RDA's eps being announced for the beginning, but like others, I think we'll see more of Jack through the season - even if only small parts. I'm gonna hold out for ship, though I don't expect much. I expected waaaaaay more than I got in S8 and was bitterly disappointed with how much was left up to the imagination at the end of Threads and Moebius. This season, I'm going in with MB's huge rose tinted glasses, and am gonna appreciate every little bit I get.

I'll be happy with the slightest acknowledgement of a relationship (Of course, I'm still holding out for that honkin big kiss with our own, no AU or AI or ALT, real, honest to goodness Sam & Jack )
                            Season 9
                            Spoiler:
                            My only hope is in what AT said about S/J relationship having "somewhere to go" in Season 9. It takes two to make a relationship go anywhere. I'm liking that they are filming in LA. Maybe they are using the West Wing's set!

Token ~

Comment

Well, I agree that
                              Spoiler:
                              a kiss would be great--the ultimate. At the least, I'd like to see them do a personal phone call...something with Jack cooking dinner and Sam on her way home and some sort of sweet affectionate talk. Acutally, I'd settle for any open, demonstrative sign of affection and an off base relationship.
                              -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                              X