Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Rewatch...

We're on "The Tok'ra Pt 1" today and Pt2 tomorrow, aren't we?

I don't think I'll get any watched tonight...probably do both tomorrow (long day at work...and GW and ficting have captured me tonight).
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      RE: Rewatch...

We're on "The Tok'ra Pt 1" today and Pt2 tomorrow, aren't we?

I don't think I'll get any watched tonight...probably do both tomorrow (long day at work...and GW and ficting have captured me tonight).
      Yep. I have had time to watch but I'm not sure I'll get time to comment until Monday.

I'm leaving for a camping trip tomorrow morning (it's going to be so cold!) and I'm trying to get everything ready to go.

(And I'm really trying to finish another chapter of my latest fic before I leave because I know I promised to get it done last weekend, but my muse just hasn't been cooperating. )

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        Yep. I have had time to watch but I'm not sure I'll get time to comment until Monday.
        I'm leaving for a camping trip tomorrow morning (it's going to be so cold!) and I'm trying to get everything ready to go.
        (And I'm really trying to finish another chapter of my latest fic before I leave because I know I promised to get it done last weekend, but my muse just hasn't been cooperating. )
        Carry really warm sleeping bags & jackets...lots of hot chocolate. Build a campfire, break out the s'mores...
        *drifts dreamily into visions of polrobin 'Campfires'* ...drat...I did it again, didn't I??

And I understand about the muse thing...my is finally talking to me again after a long, frosty silence...
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

hlndncr ~ u warmed up enough yet to lead us in the recap of "The Tok'ra" ??
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            hlndncr ~ u warmed up enough yet to lead us in the recap of "The Tok'ra" ??
            Castle season premiere tonight. Back to S/J tomorrow.

But feel free to move on ahead without me. I'll catch up.

Comment

watching Spirits right now. and i gotta tell you it was nice to see a first look at sam leading SG-1. sort of a foreshadowing for when she actually did take command in season 8. (in continuity i don't know if spirits took place in 1998 or 1999.) also got the first look at the mineral trinium. did like the shot of the arrow coming through the gate. wasn't this the episode they were shooting when Rick's daughter was born? like how jack called carter "sam".

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                watching Spirits right now. and i gotta tell you it was nice to see a first look at sam leading SG-1. sort of a foreshadowing for when she actually did take command in season 8. (in continuity i don't know if spirits took place in 1998 or 1999.) also got the first look at the mineral trinium. did like the shot of the arrow coming through the gate. wasn't this the episode they were shooting when Rick's daughter was born? like how jack called carter "sam".
                it was a few months ago that i watched that ep (after not seeing it for years), and i was blown away how easily and well done sam fell into leadership *then*! it's a shame it took the series years to give her a legitimate shot.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Touchstone tonight for me. First appearance of the rogue NID Members, the return of Harry maybourne and O'Neill's "doohickies" - his technical term for Carter's instruments.

Comment

I'm late to the party, just re-watched Serpent's Grasp last night. Loved the scene when Carter bit Jack and his subsequent joke. Great form of defense!!

I didn't remember their blindness after the shock grenade. Trying to remember if that was used in later episodes, or if it was something that was forgotten. The only episode I can recall is Moebius when ALT-SG-1 gets hit with a shock grenade, but they weren't blinded when they woke up (except for Daniel, and that's because he didn't have his glasses!)

Also, I thought RDA's voice sounded very deep in this episode, deep and commanding. He is the leader, so it makes sense, but I also think his voice softens some in later seasons, perhaps when the teams becomes more like a family.

The Moment to Suspend my Disbelief...
                    How the heck were they able to get from their battered Death Gliders onto the Space Shuttle without space suits or oxygen? No transporter rings yet, either.

Comment

I just watched Nemesis and Small Victories today. They both made my shippy heart happy. I mean, they were just so cute, since they were just beginning to flirt and stuff, and that goofing around in her lab... Awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                        I'm late to the party, just re-watched Serpent's Grasp last night. Loved the scene when Carter bit Jack and his subsequent joke. Great form of defense!!

I didn't remember their blindness after the shock grenade. Trying to remember if that was used in later episodes, or if it was something that was forgotten. The only episode I can recall is Moebius when ALT-SG-1 gets hit with a shock grenade, but they weren't blinded when they woke up (except for Daniel, and that's because he didn't have his glasses!)

Also, I thought RDA's voice sounded very deep in this episode, deep and commanding. He is the leader, so it makes sense, but I also think his voice softens some in later seasons, perhaps when the teams becomes more like a family.

The Moment to Suspend my Disbelief...
                        How the heck were they able to get from their battered Death Gliders onto the Space Shuttle without space suits or oxygen? No transporter rings yet, either.
                        Here's a pretty good story explaining how they recovered the Death Gliders and crew:

Desperate Endeavor by Redbyrd

from the POV of the shuttle crew.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Here's a pretty good story explaining how they recovered the Death Gliders and crew:

Brilliant rec, along with the sequels. Thx.
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post

Thanks! Looking forward to reading that!

Comment

Catching up on Season 2 episodes.

In the Line of Duty: I think it was Jolinar!

Prisoners: Not too shippy, but I liked Hammond's first trip through the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                                Catching up on Season 2 episodes.
                                In the Line of Duty: I think it was Jolinar!
                                JOLINAR!!

*runs giggling out of the thread*

thanks Lucy -you troublemaker you!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X