Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Season 8 episode revealed: Threads ( MAJOR SPOILERS! )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, TPTB must be in their glory tonight - they've just upped the ante for the entire fanbase with this latest bombshell

Ode to a Major Spoiler

Daniel is dying and suspending ascending while dining with Oma and talking it ova (sorry - it has to rhyme) ...

Jack is grooving while happily pursuing a much younger chickie and this could get sticky,
    'cause Jack is really thinkin' of ...

Sam, who is trying to see her new fellow as someone more mellow than that "other fellow" who smirkingly watches her eat her blue jello ...

And what about Dad?! Who may be a sickie and beyond "get well quickie" ...
    Is Selmak deserting?

What about Jack and his flirting?

Will Sam choose correctly?

Is Daniel defecting? Or re-resurrecting?!

Well, it's not Alice's Restaurant - but Oma's Diner should fit the bill ...
    Some fans will rejoice and some will be ill
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 02 August 2004, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      And just as an aside, this is certainly NOT doing any more favors for Carter, engaged again!!, changing her mind again!!! please, I really thought that a highly decorated, respected, Lt. Colonel who is trusted enough by the US Government to be on one of the most confidential projects on earth would have grown up just a little in the 8 or so years since Jonas. I just wanted it known that I liked Carter before Chimera when they basically, IMO, gutted the character with this pete crap.)

Yes, I agree, Carter is a fictional character however, it is well documented by many people and by TPTB, including Ms. Tapping, that Carter is a role model for many young girls. This is not how strong, independent women in the 21st century behave, or accept being treated regardless of their stature in life. Yes, maybe there are women out there who make these kinds of mistakes but Carter has always been portrayed as a strong, independent, intelligent woman with dignity and self respect who could kick Apophis' ass but she accepts being treated like a doormat by pete and she then is portrayed as -- I don't know what -- by getting engaged - again, and having doubts - again. (Yes she had the Jonas back-story but in my view her acknowledgement of that mistake in Emancipation was a watershed and she should have grown and matured in the time that has transpired since then.) The way she is being portrayed in this arc makes absolutely no sense to me in the context of what Carter was supposed to be portraying. This does not say much for what they think of women in real life if this is how they choose to emulate it.
      THANK YOU SOMEONE FOR SAYING THIS! Now what I say isn't in the context of relationships. It's in the context of decent and acceptable behavior. I'll admit, I'm a Jack/Sam shipper. Biased, yes, but not blindingly so. I'm aware of the rules and regs, and I wouldn't wish a court-martial or a penchant for deceit on any of the characters. But before you drone me out, I believe that their relationship or lack of comes SECONDARY to the portrayal of the strong Carter character. Before Chimera, I idolized Sam. She was tough, butt-kicking, and wicked smart. She was quite possibly the best female role model/character on TV, IMO. And then she hooks up with Pete, a move which makes her look "needy" and weak. She suddenly became too "girly." I don't want to sound like I'm coming off as *smart* but I consider myself to be a rather tough young woman with an academic repertoire that could easily rival her character's in a year or two. I know what it feels like to be in that mental position, and there's no way I'd act like that. Pete is *settling* and a character like Carter should NEVER settle for less than she absolutely deserves. I'd rather see her with NOBODY than with Pete.

AS FOR THE REST OF THE EPISODE:

Bring it on! I'm looking forward to seeing some of this Ascension business being brought up again. Now, I'm pretty darn sure Daniel won't be doing it again. We all know how confining it was for him the first time, even if he doesn't quite remember it. But it needs to be resolved, just like several other storylines. The ep looks interesting, and that's how I'll leave it. And frankly, I don't see any reason to hold such a big ruckus over it until after it airs so we can FINALLY see what TPTB had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
        As a shipper, I'm pleased as punch. I'd rather not have a soap opera; but if that's what it's going to be, then let the Harlequins roll.
        And as a fan of Stargate SG-1 (Remember that? Nifty little show, kinda a cult thing, had some really *fabulous* writers, kinda sci-fi, kinda fantasy, kinda mythology... all about the ancient gods and how they were aliens and how Earth was the galaxy's only hope of surviving? Remember that show?), I say that if all these writers can give us is the sort of dimestore fairy tale crap that makes teenage girls dream about Prince Charming in his red convertible, then that's fine. If that's as far as their talent goes, then more power to them.

But I think I'll go find some Jane Austen to read, if you don't mind.
        ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
          And frankly, I don't see any reason to hold such a big ruckus over it until after it airs so we can FINALLY see what TPTB had in mind.
          Because this is a discussion board where we discuss things. Right now, all we have are spoilers to talk about. Would it make any sense to say there's no need to get all happy about Daniel dealing with acension since the show hasn't aired, and we won't know what's going on until we see it?
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
            And as a fan of Stargate SG-1 (Remember that? Nifty little show, kinda a cult thing, had some really *fabulous* writers, kinda sci-fi, kinda fantasy, kinda mythology... all about the ancient gods and how they were aliens and how Earth was the galaxy's only hope of surviving? Remember that show?)
            Hmmm... I think I do remember that show! Heck yeah, it was pretty kickass! Nifty hardcore scifi plots with military stuff thrown in and all kinds of mythology and history and sociology and stuff... Haven't seen it for a long time, though. Wonder what happened to it...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              So the anti-ship people should stick to their own thread but the shippers are more than welcome to dance around here cheering? Bit lopsided, don't you think?
              Nope, that wouldn't be fair Shippers and antishippers can post here! Probably best for everyone's sanity if we try to keep to the designated threads for ship discussions in general . Seeing as this thread has multiple storylines going on everyone is going to post here. Be nice if we could keep it kinda friendly tho.....

Anyway, it will no doubt be an interesting ep. Whether it's in a Chinese curse sorta way remains to be seen.
              I think everyone feels this way! Whatever you want to see out of it personally the spoilers are so vague as to reassure no one, and stir up a heck of a lot of ....um.... debate

Still gloating about the Anubis/Kheb connection...
              Still looking forward to the diner...
              LOL. Gotta give you this one. Didn't see the Kheb connection coming

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Hmmm... I think I do remember that show! Heck yeah, it was pretty kickass! Nifty hardcore scifi plots with military stuff thrown in and all kinds of mythology and history and sociology and stuff... Haven't seen it for a long time, though. Wonder what happened to it...
                Don't fall over, but I'm agreeing with you.....

*wistful expression* I used to really enjoy that mythology stuff.... especially when the team got to go through that big round thing, what was it??? Oh yeah, the STARGATE!!

You know TPTB are in trouble when (some - I won't claim all of us!) shippers and antishippers start agreeing about stuff...

Comment

Bring it on! I'm looking forward to seeing some of this Ascension business being brought up again. Now, I'm pretty darn sure Daniel won't be doing it again.
                  Agreed. Which is partly why I don't think it will be as effective as it could be. If I knew there was a chance he wouldn't be coming back, then maybe it would be more meaningful, but really..Ascending again just less than 3 years after he first did it? You would think the writers could think of something more creative.

I hope this Daniel plot is the beginning of a mini-arc that deals with his ascension and resolves the Anubis character, if it's a one and done deal then I believe they are wasting a big opportunity as there won't be nearly enough time to resolve the issues. Especially when there are so many other subplots.

Which I don't mind but if its more of a 'Sam/Jack/Pete/Kerry' romantic episode at the expense of the Daniel/Ascension/Anubis denounement then I could see where I could find fault with the episode. Still a ways to go before anything is remotely concrete...At least it has generated discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                    Because this is a discussion board where we discuss things. Right now, all we have are spoilers to talk about. Would it make any sense to say there's no need to get all happy about Daniel dealing with acension since the show hasn't aired, and we won't know what's going on until we see it?
                    Sorry, Dani. I wasn't referring to the Daniel part, per se, but more towards the relationships thing. People are crying wolf on both sides of the spectrum, and I am most likely one of them. My last statement was more of a "yelling at myself" type thing, venting at my own inability to shut up without analyzing the final product. I'm a science student, and to me, much of this (my own previous post included) was much like trying to call the outcome of an extremely complicated chemical reaction without even knowing what the reactants were five seconds after mixing, if this last sentence makes any sense whatsoever.

So, yeah, as for Daniel and ascension, go ahead and discuss. I suppose my main intent was to 1) yell at myself and 2) suggest that any completely biased shipper or noromo rants would remain confined to their respective threads in the General Discussion Forum.

And my own rant was simply a concurring response to a previous post. I sincerely apologize for my indescretion and certainly do not wish to stifle anyone else's rights to free speech.

Comment

Now all we need is for Pete and Kerry to meet and fall instantly in love, thus "solving" the problem for everyone.

Comment

Somehow I find myself hoping bink is right. LOL. I'd like resolution, but not exactly the way they put it in that spoiler!

Comment

[QUOTE=ShadowMaat]So the anti-ship people should stick to their own thread but the shippers are more than welcome to dance around here cheering? Bit lopsided, don't you think?

Wow, that was fast. Put your claws back in there, Shadow. I was just teasing. Did I forget my little smiley sticky? You can anti-ship here all you want & I'll "dance around cheering" with my shippiness unthwarted.

Btw, I thought you hated spoilers.
                          e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

For me, I will watch this episode regardless of what I hear.

I will enjoy it regardless of what is in it.

Even if Sam and Jack end up half killing the SGC then Daniel shoots Teal'C and they all start to worship Kinsey as a god, I will enjoy it... (please note those are extreme circumstances )

and yes I realize that what I said can't possibly happen in that episode.
                            sigpic
                            In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

THANK YOU SOMEONE FOR SAYING THIS! Now what I say isn't in the context of relationships. It's in the context of decent and acceptable behavior. I'll admit, I'm a Jack/Sam shipper. Biased, yes, but not blindingly so. I'm aware of the rules and regs, and I wouldn't wish a court-martial or a penchant for deceit on any of the characters. But before you drone me out, I believe that their relationship or lack of comes SECONDARY to the portrayal of the strong Carter character. Before Chimera, I idolized Sam. She was tough, butt-kicking, and wicked smart. She was quite possibly the best female role model/character on TV, IMO. And then she hooks up with Pete, a move which makes her look "needy" and weak. She suddenly became too "girly." I don't want to sound like I'm coming off as *smart* but I consider myself to be a rather tough young woman with an academic repertoire that could easily rival her character's in a year or two. I know what it feels like to be in that mental position, and there's no way I'd act like that. Pete is *settling* and a character like Carter should NEVER settle for less than she absolutely deserves. I'd rather see her with NOBODY than with Pete.

AS FOR THE REST OF THE EPISODE:

Bring it on! I'm looking forward to seeing some of this Ascension business being brought up again. Now, I'm pretty darn sure Daniel won't be doing it again. We all know how confining it was for him the first time, even if he doesn't quite remember it. But it needs to be resolved, just like several other storylines. The ep looks interesting, and that's how I'll leave it. And frankly, I don't see any reason to hold such a big ruckus over it until after it airs so we can FINALLY see what TPTB had in mind.
                              You've said it well - many of the fans are disappointed with how "Chimera" was written - I believe that a woman writer may have treated the script and the character of Sam with greater respect/more care. Check out the "Against Pete" and "Re: Pete as stalker..." threads for some serious discussion on this whole issue. In the meantime, let's hope that the writers give us something worthwhile (and believable) in "Threads"!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                                We're going to get some Daniel stuff that will hopefully make some sense of his trip up the Ascension ladder. And we're going to get Jacob (a personal YAY! for that! Jacob's one of my favorite recurring characters). But all people can do is complain because there is going to be a little sop to the shippers.
                                Same sentiment as yours re Jacob and (especially) Daniel, but past experience seems to indicate this part of the story will just get burried a la Chimera. However, if Threads means that which make up the tapestry of one's life, then perhaps there will be some in-depth character study -- There is till hope. On the Daniel front, that is.

I don't, nor will I ever, consider Sam (or any TV character) a role model, but I do have great respect for her. As such, I must confess this new spoiler makes her think less of her. If she had unresolve feelings for Jack, she should have not said "yes" to Pete. If she only realizes her unresolve feelings for Jack because of his new relationship, then she needs to sever her ties with Pete (and possibly wait till Jack is no longer in another relatoinship) before springing it on Jack. As it stands now, she seems only care about how she feels -- which looks somewhat selfish.
                                Last edited by Liebestraume; 02 August 2004, 09:16 PM.
                                In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X