Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Season 8 episode revealed: Threads ( MAJOR SPOILERS! )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i thought threads was good. not fantastic like eariler eps but still good enough to watch more than once.(i taped it so i can watch it again and agian lol) lookin foward to moebius now..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rslansky
      I don't know if there are any other "Dead Like Me" fans out there, but if so, you should have recognized the "Diner" as "Der Wafflehaus" minus the oompah music. Daniel even sat down in Rube's booth. Either this is an actual diner in Vancouver somewhere, or the re-use of the set. I think that it being a set would be quite possible, since they used it in almost every episode of "Dead Like Me".
      This is one of the things I loved about this episode. It was great to see the old place again. Too bad they didn't have a cameo of one of them in there.

Comment

So what did I miss by not seeing the full version? I watched the 42 minute version, and I've sent for the full 1 and a half hour version, but it hasn't arrived yet. What differences are there?

Oh, yeah - and Threads was BRILLIANT. I'm sorry for the people who don't "get" it. I guess I've got too much Star Trek in me, because I saw the Ascended very much like the Q (and especially the Continuum).

Comment

This was by far the best in the season and one of the best episodes yet, Daniel in the diner on one hand running one fantastic and compelling story, with Sam Jack and Teal'c running another, with the two just intermingling. It also finally filled in the blanks about Anubis, and got rid of him FINALLY!
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Since Daniel and Oma looked like they did in human form. Does that mean that Anubis looked like that before the (whatever happened to him)?

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
            24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
            Both heavily admined.

Comment

If you have the boxset, zoom in on the newspaper's that Daniel Reads, and other's in the Dinner. It's pretty cool how it actually talks about Stargate.

They are really interesting… there was something about ancients being sucked out of existence, pods being built to stop this… anyways I’ll leave that for another time, but it is definitely worth checking out. (Spaces represent unreadable titles, as ... represents unreadable words)

Here are some of the Article titles from the newspaper:

Newspaper 1:
              Jackson Still Undecided

Edge of the Universe Discovered
              Rural Diner Given Infinite Status
              Yoga NOT the Path to Enlightenment
              Wraith on their way to Atlantis
              Ethereal Awareness Seminar to be Held in Talnak Quadrant
              Anubis Plans to Retake Dakara
              He’s back again and he’s badder than ever

Newspaper 2:
              Enlightenment Changing the way of the Universe
              Leaving the light

Consciousness Superhigh… to go through…Cognitive Work slated to begin… completion of Precognitive test…
              Gondolthian Nebula

Newspaper 3:
              System Lord’s Memoirs Hangs Out Dirty Laundry
              Lost Lives Find New Ascension Threads
              Have You Seen…

Lost 1867…

Newspaper 4:
              Secret Plans Revealed

…of four.. enlightenment…
              My name comes from a Greek word that means a supernatural being halfway between a god and a human being (but not a demi-god). Though I am also the master of magic. Therefore... Stargate rules!!!

Comment

At the end of this episode Teal'c is speaking to Ry'ac after the wedding. He and Ry'ac are having a father-son moment and he says a word that I can't hear or understand him say to Ry'ac. Teal'c's face is serious and Ry'ac is not happy by what is said and replys by saying (if I'm correct), "Kar'yn is right, some of the old ways are best unkept". What did Teal'c say to Ry'ac and what does it mean?
                I had to have the picture of Teal'c because as any woman can see Christopher Judge is talented, humourous and extremely sexy.

Comment

Teal'c was teasing Ryac about a Jaffa honeymoon tradition. No details but that it was 'best that the knife be sharp'. The implication being it was something rather unpleasant. Ryac - clearly not liking the idea <g> - declares that it's probably best some traditions aren't upheld.

TEAL’C (once they have broken the embrace): Before your departure, there is a matter that bears discussion.
                  RYA’C: Father, I am aware of the ways between a man and a woman.
                  TEAL’C: Good. Then you are prepared for the Rite of Or’nok.
                  (Rya’c looks horrified.)
                  RYA’C: Surely it is not still expected?
                  TEAL’C (looking very serious): On the first eve of shim’owa. My advice is that the knife be as sharp as possible.
                  RYA’C (staring at him in dread): Perhaps Kar’yn is right. Not all of the old traditions are worth holding on to.
                  (Teal’c looks at his son seriously for a moment, then his face breaks into a grin.)
                  TEAL’C: Indeed.
                  BTW, if you miss something said in an episode, the transcripts at http://www.moon-catchin.net/gatenois...ranscripts.htm are very handy for filling in the blanks.

Albion
                  Last edited by Albion; 19 March 2006, 07:58 AM.
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Thank you so much!
                    I had to have the picture of Teal'c because as any woman can see Christopher Judge is talented, humourous and extremely sexy.

Comment

Working...
                    X