Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Season 8 episode revealed: Threads ( MAJOR SPOILERS! )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please people, there's so much more happening in this episode then just the S/J stuff. I'm personally all for it, as long as they'll save the "officially getting together" part untill the end of the series - as AT has said, it wouldn't work to make her "Jack's Girl" while the series aires. But there is some definite attraction there which has been confirmed by former and current showrunners Brad Wrigth and Robert C. Cooper as well as by writer Joseph Mallozzi - so it'll happen, more likely later than sooner but it will happen. So if you're against it: GET OVER IT, ignore that you don't like it (WE KNOW BY NOW!) and start enjoying the parts you do like. I, for one, am happy they don't keep them from having actual lives and since it is television I'm quite sure they will end up together in the end.

Judging from the description this will probably be a big character development episode for Daniel, Jack and Sam. Daniel will finally be dealing with some ascension stuff while we're getting a better look at Oma Desala and hearing more about Anubis - all of which sounds very interesting. On another note there'll be Jacob, one of my favorites, in trouble once more.

On the whole it sounds like a really interesting episode, in comparison I thought Chimera was a great ep and that was the same kind of episode as this one will be I think. I'm hoping they'll give Jacob a good story as to why he's sick, but I think he'll be there mostly to give Sam (and maybe Jack too) some advice. The only part that's making me a bit disappointed is that there's still no notion of Sarah Gardner anywhere, but I could understand why they wouldn't put her in this episode as 3 relationships (Sam-Pete, Jack-Kerry, Sam-Jack) is probably enough for 1 hour in a SciFi series

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Everyone knows that they'll wind up together. Maybe it isn't officially written yet, but with a majority of the writers being shippers, themselves, I find it hard to believe that they WOULDN'T have a pro-ship conclusion.
      I don't know... The last three seasons had episodes that were at some point in the planning stage intended to end the series. None of them were heavy on shippy content, and there certainly wasn't as much as a hint that Jack and Sam were gonna get together.

And... Remember that TPTB want to leave the door open for SG-1 to continue, be it in features or TV movies or whatever. For that reason alone, it's unlikely that they'll make any real conclusive end.
      Last edited by Ugly Pig; 02 August 2004, 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Pelagia
        So apparently Daniel is on his "deathbed" (AGAIN???) making a life or death decision and Sam and Jack are off playing "almost kissy-face" with each other? Friends like that Daniel doesn't need.
        You know, I knew I shouldn't have read these spoilers. I always tell myself not to read the &*%$ spoilers but I caved this time. Spoilers tend to get me all worked up about what might be coming and are often misleading at best, so I'm going to go with the 'wait and see' attitude.

But I have to agree with the quote above. Daniel's lying on his deathbed and Jack and Sam are angsting about their love lives? Okay, granted, he's died numerous times so it might be old hat to them, but still...you'd think they'd have other things on their minds than who they're dating. Such as a close friend's imminent death. Not just Daniel, sounds like Jacob is in serious trouble too.

Blech, this ship stuff. Here we are finally dealing with the ascension storyline and this shippy stuff has to be injected into it. Then again, I suppose it's better than an entire episode dripping with it. I really hope that the Daniel/ascension storyline is the main part of the episode.

And if Daniel ascends again? Ugh. Doesn't bear thinking about. (For me, anyway.) Didn't he say that he realized he belonged back on earth?

Okay, back to 'wait and see' mode. There's enough here that I don't know so judging prematurely is a bad idea. I remember people complaining that 'Zero Hour' and 'Lockdown' were both earth based but many people (including myself) found them great episodes, so...going with the benefit of the doubt, here. Hopefully there will be something for everyone in this ep.

And I'm not reading anymore &^%$ spoilers!
        Last edited by Jonisa; 02 August 2004, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Maybe the possible 'ship' scenes aren't that big as you think they are Shadow? Haha...
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well, we don't know where Daniel's "deathbed" is. He could be off on a mission with SG-2 or something and Jack and Sam could be back at the base blissfully unaware that anything is wrong.

I think the "Daniel on the brink of death" card is almost as overplayed as the "Daniel goes crazy" card, but I'm still really liking the idea of the 60's diner in all its inherent cheesiness.

I wonder if Bruce McGill will be the bartender. No, wait, wrong show... hehe

Might be a good chance for LUKE to show up, though. Subliminal hint that he's indirectly responsible for Daniel's deathly situation...

Comment

my goodness, it's 'as the stargate turns'

LOL

i do have one question.....where's Sarah? I mean, this would be a PERFECT time to bring Sarah back and deal with Daniel's aborted relationship with her.

and whomever brought up quantum leap, i had that exact same thought. wonder if bruce mcgill will be there

i think this one is a lot like chimera....it'll reek or it'll be fantastic, there won't be much middle ground.

and jsut a friendly personal suggestion, this also looks like an eps that is attempting to have a little something for everyone. which means everyone will likely be looking forward to it for different reasons.....and nobody's reason is better or worse than yours.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Skydiver]i do have one question.....where's Sarah? I mean, this would be a PERFECT time to bring Sarah back and deal with Daniel's aborted relationship with her.[QUOTE]

We're probably see her sometime in the season

Comment

I want to see her too!!! Although she isn't Osiris anymore, i still like the character
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18
                    I have to agree...I don't think they will kill Daniel but he will come to some realization about his time as an ascended being and gain a better idea as to what the whole ascension this about.
                    Most likely... I just hope they give that aspect of the episode more than 5 minutes of screen time. That whole Chimera mess was laughable.

As for Sam and Jack....well I want them to get together but the whole Pete and now this woman Kerry is just making the whole ship aspect of the show more interesting. However, if they don't get them together at the end...I will be upset that they spent so much time on the ship and didn't conclude the story arc with a positive note.
                    I really want to see Sam and Jack end up together and I think they will eventually... I just don't agree with the method that they're using to get there. It was bad enough with Pete and the engagement. Now we've got Kerry... and whether she's meant to even out the playing field or act as the voice of reason in the S/J arc (which seems to be indicated by the spoilers), they are treading swiftly and dangerously into soap opera territory.

Comment

I think this Episode is going to be cool because we will finally see Sam admit she loves Jack or she will have to choose between Pete Shanahan or General Jack O'Neill and Jack will with have to choose between Sam or Kerry

Comment

"I think this Episode is going to be cool because we will finally see Sam admit she loves Jack'
                        Grace pretty much told us that

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Well, we don't know where Daniel's "deathbed" is. He could be off on a mission with SG-2 or something and Jack and Sam could be back at the base blissfully unaware that anything is wrong.
                          Good point. That's what I mean by saying I tend to jump to conclusions. Bottom line, there's just too much we don't know for me to get worked up.

This ship stuff though. I prefer the ship subtle, so I can ignore it if I want to, and the shippers can read into it to their heart's content. See? Everybody happy.

Okay, maybe not. Poor writers. There's no way they're going to make everybody happy, so it's a good thing they're not trying. And I don't begrudge shippers their shippy ending, so I hope they don't begrudge me my desire to see very little of it till the end. For me whenever the focus is on the Sam/Jack ship, it stops the story cold.

I am looking forward to the Daniel and Oma storyline and I really hope it isn't overshadowed by the Sam/Jack thing. That's a really important story arc IMO and I was looking forward to seeing its resolution, seeing that it was hardly referred to at all last year, other than the first few episodes.

It does sound a little like the end of Quantum Leap, doesn't it? Oh, those were the days, before the internet, before spoilers, when none of us had any idea what was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Alessiana
                            RCC has just proven how very little he understands the characters in SG-1 if he thinks this is remotely in character.
                            Robert C. Cooper has been there since the start, so I think he might know the characters a bit better than you.

As for the episode, it is very Quantum Leap-esque, in a good way of course. For those that don't know (sorry to get off topic here) Sam Beckett leaps into a coal mining bar where he encounters people from his past leaps, and the bartender is actually God (that's one theory) who tells him he's had the power to go home the whole time. I thought it was a very fitting and poignant finale to a brilliant show.

Now, back on topic, as for "Threads" I hope the show does some tieing up of it's name sake. Questions I want answered are:

1. Can we please get some rock solid clarification on the whole Ascended and Others situation, what's Oma's story and so on.

2. What's the code of ethics or the rules for being ascended? All we get are responses like "it's a very fine line" and constant vague answers.

3. Orlin can build a Stargate, do all the Ascended have this ability or knowledge passed down to them or is it just a select few that have lasted this long?

4. If they are going to explain the whole "Ascended Anubis" storyline, do it properly and explain it, don't use another vague answer like "He came to Kheb" and leave it at that!

5. Why was Oma expelled by the Ascended, and who joined her rogue group of Others?

There, finally got that off my chest!

As for the whole Daniel ascending again issue, I don't think it's a wise idea as it cheapens Daniel's "death" from Meridian. He's trying to do the right thing and for Oma to just come along again and help him ascended again is just stupid. That's my opinion!
                            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Woo Hoo! Jack gets a woman. About time. I hope he kisses her. Yum. I hope Carter sees him too...ought to get her off the fence. And we see more of Jack's character by his choice of woman. Thirty something to his Fifty something? Sheesh. So does he want kids or what? Why can't a mature man want a mature woman? Or is he still stuck on the simple woman Laira type? She is less than he and something of a subordinate. Jack in control. There's a theme.
                              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonisa
                                It does sound a little like the end of Quantum Leap, doesn't it? Oh, those were the days, before the internet, before spoilers, when none of us had any idea what was going to happen.
                                I wish I HAD known. Or at least had an inkling of the pending badness. Then I could have turned off my TV before that horrible, horrible little block of text came up and completely decimated an otherwise good finale... *sniff*

The way ship has been done in recent seasons, it ALWAYS overshadows everything around it. Part of the problem is that TPTB have worked themselves into a corner and they can't get out. From here on out, it can only get bigger and more obvious...

Comment

Working...
                                X