Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Season 8 episode revealed: Threads ( MAJOR SPOILERS! )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where'd you find these spoilers? It sounds like a cool ep, as long as the shippy stufff doesn't overtake the other things (Like in Chimera, where it feels like the switched the A and B plots). I agree with the others who said Sarah should come back.

And what's Teal'c doing?

Comment

The spoilers are from right here on Gateworld.

As for Teal'c... who's he?

Comment

Also, we need to know there is room to go for ANOTHER Season...S9. So if Jack gets a woman, Carter gets married and it goes south, Daniel is tempted to ascend, and Teal'c gets an apartment with other conspiracy repercussions....we have some fodder for the mill. Threads should address some the conspiracy issues and be a 2 parter...season not series finale.
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I wish I HAD known. Or at least had an inkling of the pending badness. Then I could have turned off my TV before that horrible, horrible little block of text came up and completely decimated an otherwise good finale... *sniff*
          Oh, I'm with you there. What a depressing ending that was. Poor Sam. (Beckett, that is, not Carter.)

Comment

If TPTB of Stargate do anything like that I swear I'll... I'll... send lots of nasty postcards with pictures of torches and pitchforks...

Comment

hmmm....maybee daniel will regain the his acended knowledge, but stay human....so he can build a ZPM and atlantis can get ZPM's!!!
              Get a Free Sony PSP, or $250 in Paypal!

http://www.psps4free.com/default.aspx?r=314496

Comment

Hey, lots of drama tonight!

Okay, the good (for me) is that I've wanted a backstory on Daniel's ascension and if that's what this is then great. There's a lot we don't know about Anubis' ascension and how Oma operates and the "others" and what Daniel did while he was ascended. Robert Cooper wrote Maternal Instinct and Meridian and has the talent to do this story justice. The whole 60's diner thing sounds kind of intriguing.

The other half of the episode apparently deals with Sam/Jack/Pete and Jack's new gal (well, new gal for one episode, anyway). I knew the Sam/Pete split-up was coming and it was only a matter of time before Sam was angsting over Jack again but I still find myself rolling my eyes at the spoilers. Just really sounds way too much like a soap opera to me.
                Last edited by keshou; 02 August 2004, 10:16 PM.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I wish I HAD known. Or at least had an inkling of the pending badness. Then I could have turned off my TV before that horrible, horrible little block of text came up and completely decimated an otherwise good finale... *sniff*
                  I am STILL scarred from the Quantum Leap finale!! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

The way ship has been done in recent seasons, it ALWAYS overshadows everything around it. Part of the problem is that TPTB have worked themselves into a corner and they can't get out. From here on out, it can only get bigger and more obvious...
                  I don't think its any secret that I'm a shipper , but even I can see that continuing along these lines IS NOT HEALTHY for the show, OR for fandom! FCOL I just want them to resolve it one way or the other, and then put it in the background (I'm a TEAM shipper first and foremost - is there such a term?? ).

I mean, here we have an episode that has some fairly large implications/explorations and we're mostly freaked out about which way the ship is going to go...
                  Not to mention how season 9 is going to play into this!

Still, clearly emotions are gonna run high on this for all sorts of reasons, so please everyone think before you hit that submit button... everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if we don't agree( (I hate it when people quarrell - can you tell?? I enjoy a good debate tho ).

Comment

I'm a shipper and it sounds way too soapy to me, but I can't complain about the general direction of things. Still, the Daniel/Oma stuff looks fascinating. I love the Quantum Leap vibe. Still, do they honestly think any of us take Daniel maybe dying seriously anymore? That guy has enough lives to make cats jealous.
                    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by Jelmer
                      ...there is some definite attraction there which has been confirmed by former and current showrunners Brad Wrigth and Robert C. Cooper as well as by writer Joseph Mallozzi ... So if you're against it: GET OVER IT
                      All those people have confirmed that Sam and Jack have an attraction? Why did no one tell me before? Right-o, I'll Get Over It (TM) forthwith.

Then I'll eagerly await their statement that Grace was a Good Episode, and their assertion that Felger is a Good Character, so that I can Get Over (TM) my other Stargate-related problems too.

Madeleine

Comment

^^ I'm a shipper, too; but I'm hoping for the best. I don't think it cheapens Carter's character to have second thoughts about Pete, and I don't think it makes her any less of a role model. Yes. Strong, independent women don't always make the right choices in their personal lives--especially if they've cut themselves off from any kind of personal commitment for most of their adulthood. So. Sam grabs a chance at love and the 'normal' life, then thinks better of it because she hasn't gotten over someone. Doesn't reduce her in my eyes.

But, as far as I can tell, this isn't the whole episode. We're going to get some Daniel stuff that will hopefully make some sense of his trip up the Ascension ladder. And we're going to get Jacob (a personal YAY! for that! Jacob's one of my favorite recurring characters). But all people can do is complain because there is going to be a little sop to the shippers.

As a shipper, I'm pleased as punch. I'd rather not have a soap opera; but if that's what it's going to be, then let the Harlequins roll.

As a fan of both Daniel and Jacob, I'm thrilled.

So. Bring on "Threads." Got my sewing needles ready.

Bucky

Comment

Wow, I have mutual attraction to some of my female friends, but that doesn't mean we have sex or something. Infact it develops the friendship-bound even more.

Comment

I love the ship - bring it on! You know, there IS an anti-shipper thread around here somewhere...

I do hate the multiple-threads-in-one-show thing, though. Stick to one thread and really deal with it. They need a whole ep to deal with Daniel's ascension issues. They BEST not kill him again!
                            e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Originally posted by Jelmer
                              So if you're against it: GET OVER IT, ignore that you don't like it (WE KNOW BY NOW!) and start enjoying the parts you do like.
                              Excuse me, what right do you have to tell people to get over something? Why don't people get over the fact that some people find Sam and Jack together just disgusting? Ignore the posts of people who don't like it and start enjoying the posts you do like.

From e7of7 :You know, there IS an anti-shipper thread around here somewhere...
                              You know, there ARE spoilers in this episode about ship. So, discussing reactions to it is perfectly legitimate.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by e7of7
                                I love the ship - bring it on! You know, there IS an anti-shipper thread around here somewhere...
                                So the anti-ship people should stick to their own thread but the shippers are more than welcome to dance around here cheering? Bit lopsided, don't you think?

Anyway, it will no doubt be an interesting ep. Whether it's in a Chinese curse sorta way remains to be seen.

Still gloating about the Anubis/Kheb connection...
                                Still looking forward to the diner...

Comment

Working...
                                X