Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Season 8 episode revealed: Threads ( MAJOR SPOILERS! )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a little nitpicky, and we already have two threads for Threads, I think three would be a little out of control. I was just wondering if "Spoilers" meant ALL spoilers, or if there was some kind of invisible line past which certain plot details should include spoiler space even within a post clearly labeled "Major spoilers".

Comment

Quite frankly, I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. The Daniel/Oma plot is the "A" plot, the Jacob/Selmac plot is the "B" plot, and the Sam/Jack part of the story is a distant "C" plot. It will probably last 10 minutes at most onscreen, and that will probably bleed into the Jacob/Selmac plot. So, all of you who are so concerned that poor Daniel's story will get buried, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Get a grip, for crying out loud!!!!

Comment

New info! Beware Spoilers Below!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

In the episode "Threads" when Daniel is talking to Mike and Oma, Mike did reveal that it was Oma that helped Anubis ascend. She gets very enraged. So it seems that many of you were right, Oma is somewhat an outcast, probably because she is responsible for helping Anubis ascend.

Comment

Karen, perhaps you missed the Mod posts which tell folks to back off from snarky attacks against other posters, here. We're supposed to be discussing the episode, not each other.

For me, I sincerely hope that the Sam/Jack/Pete/Kelly stuff is the C-plot, or even a misdirection from TPTB. I'd much rather hear about Daniel and Jacob.

Comment

Regarding 'Act5 spoilers', I'll have to check if we have a Rule - they don't often come up for that late. But for now, in this thread, please could anyone with late-part-of-the-ep spoilers put in some spoiler spac labled ACT 5 SPOILERS? It would be kind. Thanks.

Madeleine

Comment

Maybe you should explain where the line for Act X is, not everyone knows it. I'm not sure where they are. Remember Darren explaining it somewhere a while ago...

Comment

Welcome to the kinder, gentler Round Two of the 'Threads' thread.

Originally posted by karen_s_c
                The Daniel/Oma plot is the "A" plot, the Jacob/Selmac plot is the "B" plot, and the Sam/Jack part of the story is a distant "C" plot. It will probably last 10 minutes at most onscreen, and that will probably bleed into the Jacob/Selmac plot.
                I see it as Daniel/Mike/Oma as the 'A', Jacob/Selmac 'B', Sam/Pete as 'C', Jack/Kerry as 'D' and Sam/Jack as 'E' and the recently discovered O'Neill/Teal'c/Bra'tac 'F' plot.

That's a lot of mighty thin time slices of plot pie when an ep runs about 47 minutes - that's about 7 minutes a plot. I'm thinking this would have to be a two-parter to give *any character* or situation justice.

I think the writers have to decide what part of the show they want to focus on, and concentrate the show's remaining screen time on that aspect. If this *is* the last season, they're muddying the waters when they should be clarifying them.

Comment

I really wonder about the Powers sometimes. They'll take some nothing of a plot device and spin an entire episode around it and create filler material to fluff it out... and then they'll take six different plotlines and try to jam them all into one 40-something minute block. I know they like to mix things up a little, but sheesh. Pick a couple stories and leave it at that. Daniel/Anubis/Oma and Jacob/Selmac would be enough for one episode, then you can have the Teal'c stuff in another ep paired with something else of relative value and drop the ship entirely.

Comment

More spoilers about the upcoming episode Threads!!!

Anubis is indeed free of his icy prison, where he was last seen in Season Eight's "Lockdown." He has apparently been busy reclaiming his armies, while at the same time the Replicators have engaged the Goa'uld in battle. Many of Anubis' Kull warriors have been wiped out in the conflict, but Anubis is marshalling the remaining force on the planet Tartarus (seen in "Evolution, Part 2"). O'Neill, Teal'c and Bra'tac discuss the possibility of an ambush..

[Mod snip - read the rest at http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/8x4.shtml ]

Awesome, isn't it!?
                    Last edited by Darren; 06 August 2004, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Totally friggin awesome! BRING IT ON!!

Comment

Daniel's story should be the A plot. The part with Osiris in Chimera should have been the A plot all on its own, and Sam's story certainly seemed to get co-A plot status, even though it should have been extremely small. When it comes to these stories, especially when it comes to Jack/Sam ship, what should be and what is aren't necessarily the same thing.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I JUST WANTED TO SAY!!! **mod snipped**

I knew it was a plague! I knew it!

Damn this episode looksing freaking awesome! Replicators VS Goa'ulds! Anubis' back in action about to erase all of life! CRAZY!

I just hope there isn't mass acension. Also, maybe Mike should be played by that guy who was at Kheb?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

yay! plague!

now, the question returns to Ayiana -- WAS she infected with said plague? Is that why the ancients left for Pegasus leaving her behind, infected as she is??

Must know!!

Comment

Daniel's role for Threads is really awesome! I can't wait to find out if he ascends or not. I really hope he doesn't cause he my favorite character. But he also has some sort of showdown with Anubis later on in season 8. I'm not sure when though.

Comment

I hope he tells the ancients to handle their own darn problems!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                                X