This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
    I don't know how this translate to Lightwave, but it would look a little more realistic if you add a decay to the smoke trail. Like after a while, the smoke starts to disappear the further it travels.
    That's something easy to do in lightwave but I wanted to give it a clear point of origin. Maybe I should have had the smock start to fan out the farther away it became.
    Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
    Its a good job on it though. I know the feeling about needing inspiration to model. I've been working on non-stargate models to get back into the 3D mojo. Working on ships do get boring after a while and you need something new to keep the juices flowing.
    That's kind of the point I'm at. It's time for something fresh, interior work, maybe some ground based stuff and if I get back in the space mood, maybe some kind of space station.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I felt like making a character again, but I felt like staying mechanical so I made some gundams
      Visit my Website

Comment

RJB!. you're not dead/muffled away by men in black

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          RJB!. you're not dead/muffled away by men in black
          Just give them time.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

Small Update To my latest not done much work on this in a while.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
              Small Update To my latest not done much work on this in a while.

nice work there dboy

Comment

Since a new round of a web based stargate game I play has started that means it's time to make a new signature picture to go with the new alliance I have joined.

And here is the up sized scene I made. (The outposts were a quick 1 hour model and the battle jumper is just a recycled model from when I was working with the stargate Armada 2 mod team)

(large scene 2400 by 800 )

Comment

ooh nice

Comment

sweet...... Jumpers with wings and mini-Atlantis'... or is that Atlanti?

any possibility of a closer look at the winged jumpers or the mini atlantis?

Great to see you're still modelling RJB....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

That is really cool RJB

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post

When I get back from work I'll render out larger versions of the jumper and outpost. (just remember the jumper was made as a low poly game model)

Yeah it feels nice to squeeze out a little time for some modeling even if they are just some quick low detail models.

Comment

hows the Wraith ship and dakara renders coming? [the stuff i asked you]

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              hows the Wraith ship and dakara renders coming? [the stuff i asked you]
                              Wraith ship - A few adjustments to the model and then texture mapping.

dakara - I still need someone to convert the model to a format I can use.

here are the models shots. (both the outpost and jumper are both low poly models)

This one was from back when I was helping the stargate mod for startrek armada 2
                              Last edited by RJB; 28 November 2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                                This one was from back when I was helping the stargate mod for startrek armada 2
                                Can I steal this for FanFiction use (with credit to you)?
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X