• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is OMG

Comment

very nice ship finger , really like it

Comment

Ahh, I've been forgetting to update my ship in here. It's all in the Modelling Challenge thread anyway, but here's an update anyways! The more feedback the better IMO.

Spoiler:

Thanks to everyone who has given advise or praise thus far, in either thread.

I'm afraid that it's straying from Stargate... But at the same time, it doesn't look like it's not human, just nothing we've seen before. I don't see anything that's beyond the Tau'ri in the design... So I don't know, I think it will work.

Comment

Remind me to never engage that ship in Combat Finger13-Fwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa What a ship

Comment

THAT is so AWESOME

Comment

WOW I love it, its absolutely fantastic. Seriously one of the coolest designs i have seen.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Could be an ancient ship. Or possibly a travelers ship.
                Visit my Website

Comment

Finger this Ship , just WOW it is SO COOL

Comment

That is amazingg, I mean i'ts got to be one of if not the best ships I've seen well done my son.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Finger, can we use that ship as a new Traveler ship in the Alternate Gateworld Fleet?
                      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                        Finger, can we use that ship as a new Traveler ship in the Alternate Gateworld Fleet?
                        It's too big. And the style is more Genii than Traveler.

Comment

either way i whould realy like to see it In the FLEET

Comment

First of all, thanks everyone. I'm glad it's being well received. There is still a lot of work to be done, but that should be it for the basic shape.

I reworked the layering so that the railguns are all on a separate layer. I thought that I had done that but I hadn't. So next up I want to make the area where they attach to the hull a little more detailed, then I will get to some greebling in between the engines and in a few spots along the top.

Then I have to figure out how to texture, since I've never done it before and have no idea how, that's the next thing that I'll have to look into. I'm just figuring this out as I go lol.

As for the Alternate Fleet, well I don't follow the AUF, I tried scanning through it but it's so huge that it would take forever to catch up. So I have no idea what role you'd want it to fill. But if you could find a use for it, I would be glad to let you use it as a ship.

As for Tom, how are we supposed to know what Genii ships look like? I agree that I don't really think that it looks Traveller-ish, but Genii certainly doesn't come to mind.

I don't like the Genii lol.

What role is it supposed to fill?

Comment

well we need both genii and travellers ships

Comment

Well it does rather esemble the Genii cruiser we have right now.

Basicaly, right now, the Wraith have united under this one Queen send back from a future where the Wraith failed to defeat us. And now she's turning the galaxy on it's end.

Warfare jas beed revolutionised, ships no longer stay still and just duke it out, they don't even maneuver at great speesds, rather they chase each other across solar systems, making precise hyperspace jumps to get them out of their enemies wepon range and let them outmaneuver the nemy. This has led to the obsoletion of projectile and missile weponry and the use of light speed DEWs and nuclear bomb pumped laser warheads.

The Genii have battlecruisrs, since they don't have the resources to design any more thna one ship at a time. Their jack of all trades basicaly.

If were going to use it as a Fleet ship through, it'ld need slight modifications in terms of how you placed the weapons and the types of weapons them selves.

Th eone thing about having it be Genii, is that it doen't need greebles- hull detail, outside of turerts and sensor clusters, since the genii cover thir ships in a layer of tok'ra tunneling crystals.

Comment

Working...
                                X