Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither of them should. I hate how you people have turned Stargate into this shipping crap. Let's just watch the show with out bickering about who needs to be together.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
      Neither of them should. I hate how you people have turned Stargate into this shipping crap. Let's just watch the show with out bickering about who needs to be together.

To be totally honest. I don't think it's right to impose your opinions on other people ! How about you watch the show without bickering, and we'll enjoy our calm discussion about our personal opinions! That okay with you?!?!!!

Shéyna
      Shéyna

Sheyna-isms: Like normal words, but better!

Pop into my myspace profile and leave me a message! If you wanna add me, message me letting me know your from gateworld first!!!www.myspace.com/sheyna_lou

XxX

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pyscho-veggie-freak
        To be totally honest. I don't think it's right to impose your opinions on other people ! How about you watch the show without bickering, and we'll enjoy our calm discussion about our personal opinions! That okay with you?!?!!!

Shéyna
        I'll watch the show however I want to. And I'll bicker if I want to.
        I'm just saying that there is more to the show than this shipper crap.

Comment

I'll watch the show however I want to. And I'll bicker if I want to.
          I'm just saying that there is more to the show than this shipper crap.
          That's fine. You do that. But you did say that we were to stop bickering about who should be together. Firstly, who's bickering? Secondly, everyone has a right to find different elements in this show that they enjoy discussing. We enjoy discussing shippiness, which is why we're talking on this thread. If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't tell us that we shouldn't be "bickering about shipper crap".

And of course there's more to it than that. I love the scientific and historic element too. But that doesn't mean we don't have the right to discuss the shippy side.

Shéyna
          Shéyna

Pop into my myspace profile and leave me a message! If you wanna add me, message me letting me know your from gateworld first!!!www.myspace.com/sheyna_lou

XxX

sigpic

Comment

Firstly, who's bickering?
            Are you kidding?! I've heard some people say that they won't watch the show anymore if a certain couple won't get together. And I've watched over topics with people yelling at each other about who needs to get together. I'd call that bickering alright.

Comment

Are you kidding?! I've heard some people say that they won't watch the show anymore if a certain couple won't get together. And I've watched over topics with people yelling at each other about who needs to get together. I'd call that bickering alright.
              Okay fine, so they're bickering. But others aren't. And if they don't want to watch the show anymore because of that couple then that's their choice. But that still doesn't give anyone the right to judge them. Even if they are bickering they have a right to do so. Obviously shippines means more to them than it does to you, but they still deserve respect even if it isn't your personal opinion.
              I appologise for sounding rude, but I get a lot of stick at school for liking things like Sci-fi, and I feel very strongly about how it is right to treat others. I really don't want to sound horrible.

Shéyna
              Shéyna

XxX

sigpic

Comment

Whoa.

So, between Sara or Sam? Huh. I'll just put it this way: if Jack and Sara had happened to work something out way back after Cold Lazarus, then I definitely would have been a strong supporter of that relationship, and the concept of Jack and Sam being a couple would never have crossed my mind.

BUT

The fact that they haven't brought Sara back on implies to me that that chapter of the book is long over and gone. Jack strikes me as a pretty lonely character, and yes, though there are people who live happy, productive, single lives...well...Jack and Sam are both productive, until Chimera they were both single, but one gets the distinct impression that the characters aren't particularly happy with the current setup. Why is this the case? Well, ask the writers.

TPTB have been teasing the Jack/Sam relationship officially since Out Of Mind (according to Lost City commentary). They've dropped hints, moments, and behaviors that imply the two characters are attracted to each other. In essence, this was TPTB's doing. They started it, and we shippers went along with it and liked what we saw. I'm a Jack/Sam shipper, and I'm not likely to change my mind about this anytime soon.

But I will admit that if Sara had still been in the picture all along, I probably would have gone the other way.

My opinion. I'm not attacking anyone. I'm not trying to patronize anyone. These were just my thoughts and mine alone.

Comment

Okay fine, so they're bickering. But others aren't. And if they don't want to watch the show anymore because of that couple then that's their choice. But that still doesn't give anyone the right to judge them. Even if they are bickering they have a right to do so. Obviously shippines means more to them than it does to you, but they still deserve respect even if it isn't your personal opinion.
                  I appologise for sounding rude, but I get a lot of stick at school for liking things like Sci-fi, and I feel very strongly about how it is right to treat others. I really don't want to sound horrible.

Shéyna
                  Amen to that!
                  sigpic
                  http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                  http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Ok, listen you. You have done a post like this on the Sam/Jack Shippers Thread (entirely inappropriate and yet funny enough to belt out laughing), and totally trashed us and threw something that we would like to see happen in our faces. I don't watch the show because "Oh, maybe this'll be the episode where they finally get together, realize that they're a match made in Heaven, and go off into the Stargate for eternal bliss and seven children". I enjoy the series. The action, the story, and the ship is part of the added allure to the show! So lay off, and start dissin' someone else, like maybe the Goa'uld.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                      Ok, listen you. You have done a post like this on the Sam/Jack Shippers Thread (entirely inappropriate and yet funny enough to belt out laughing), and totally trashed us and threw something that we would like to see happen in our faces. I don't watch the show because "Oh, maybe this'll be the episode where they finally get together, realize that they're a match made in Heaven, and go off into the Stargate for eternal bliss and seven children". I enjoy the series. The action, the story, and the ship is part of the added allure to the show! So lay off, and start dissin' someone else, like maybe the Goa'uld.
                      true
                      Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Thankyou! Someone else finally taking that side! Why bother posting on this thread if you don't like what it represents???
                        Shéyna

XxX

sigpic

Comment

I'm a supporter of Sam for Jack

Comment

I enjoy the action and the story, but I don't care for the stupid ship. I'm not dissin' anyone, I'm saying that I don't watch the show just because a certain pair needs to get together. What's the fun in that? None! I'll watch the show however I want to, and you want tell me otherwise. And I don't care if I've posted in a shipper thread and told them that there is more to stargate than ship. I also don't appreciate how I'm being treated for voicing out my opinion!

Comment

Voice away! But do do it in a way that doesn't insult at least a fourth of the members of this forum! Go on, say that you don't like the ship, but you're not supposed to attack those who do enjoy the ships on this show, got it?
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Voice away! But do do it in a way that doesn't insult at least a fourth of the members of this forum! Go on, say that you don't like the ship, but you're not supposed to attack those who do enjoy the ships on this show, got it?
                                I was attacking no one in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X