This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
    Why does he have to be happy with someone.
    Then again, why not,really,if it's a plausible relationship and not "shoehorned",by the PTB?

Frankly,I'd rather see any "personal life" developments kept to a minimum or at least be subtle,on-screen....I want a happy ending for ALL the team members,in the closing episodes.(Whenever the show reaches closure.)

(Hard to remain an optimist,but I'll die trying ! )
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      Then again, why not,really,if it's a plausible relationship and not "shoehorned",by the PTB?
      Because "plausible relationship" and "TPTB" no longer belong in the same sentence?

I'd comment further but it's all so discouraging and depressing that I'd really rather not think about it right now.

Comment

sam. my reasons for this have been expressed many times.

as for sara, i didn't really like what we saw of her in the movie, i liked her a little bit better in the show, never had much desire to see anymore of her though. and while i thought they had a little bit of chemistry, i saw it as more the kind of chemistry one has with an old friend, or an ex one still gets along with.

as for chemistry between sam and jack, if characters don't have chemistry, then i don't see the point in watching a show. its just dull and painful to watch at time in that situation. i think its how that chemistry is percieved and interpreted, ie friendship or romantic. i happen to interpret it as romantic in the case of sam and jack.

Comment

Why does he have to be happy with someone.
          The old argument again. Maybe he doesn't, but I, for one, have been paired for a long time and like the idea of pairing, whatever form that pairing may take. It's *so* much nicer to gritch to someone about the auto repair shop, the kids, the work, etc. than not. Each to their own. I think Jack would like a life partner. Maybe not for everyone, but for Jack, yes.

I have reached the stage where *I* think he deserves some happiness, whatever form that might take. I don't think he's happy now (not that he'd be happy as he ended in S7).
          Slainte
          "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
            Darn it! I just want him to be happy with someone. At this stage it could be Sara, Sam or someone new. Too much emotional whumping, torture, injuries, and tough calls for Jack. It's time for a little happiness. He's moving into a new stage of life now. Time for some reexamination of his romantic life.
            I agree that it is time for some where do I go from here examination of Jack's life. I would like to see him settle down and find some happiness with someone. If not Sara or Liara then some one.
            ABYDOSCITY2

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              That being said, I'd also pick a potted plant over Sam in terms of be better for Jack. Although maybe not in a shippy way. If that's the case and if Sara is an utter impossibility, I say go for Laira.
              I agree a potted plant would be better for Jack as sweetheart than Sam. Although they do make great friends, and compliment each other professionally. I've always thought Liara would be great for Jack. He was reallly happy with her. Sadly she lives on another planet, and I don't think Jack would be allowed to retire off world by the government because they find him so useful.
              ABYDOSCITY2

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                This is the whole thing. If a character emerged who was right for him and there was a good storyline to it then fine. But if not, I'd like to see him stay single rather than get hitched because he was seen as 'incomplete' until married or at least shacked up with someone (mentioning no parallels).
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I'd like to see him stay single rather than get hitched because he was seen as 'incomplete' until married or at least shacked up with someone (mentioning no parallels).
                  I would agree with you there. I'd hate to see Jack, or any of the other main characters, set up with someone just for the sake of it. I think maybe that was a problem for Sam & Pete...
                  I certainly don't see Jack as "incomplete" because he is single.

If a character emerged who was right for him and there was a good storyline to it then fine.
                  I think Sam is that character. IMHO, she is right for him, I think they would make each other happy if they were together. They already have a storyline, I have seen it from season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
                    Darn it! I just want him to be happy with someone. At this stage it could be Sara, Sam or someone new. Too much emotional whumping, torture, injuries, and tough calls for Jack. It's time for a little happiness. He's moving into a new stage of life now. Time for some reexamination of his romantic life.
                    I think that of all the characters Jack seems to me to be the one who most needs someone to make his retirement years happy. I don't see that he needs anyone right this minute but when he's ready to move off and fish and get a dog I think he's the sort who would like a companion to do those things with. Maybe it's because he seemed so unhappy in "2010". I'm just not sure I see Sam as the person who would make him happy. I don't think I see Sara either. Are there any other choices??

I think Sam and Daniel would be the most likely to stay unattached. They are very focused people, fascinated by pursuits that are often done alone. I can see them having fulfilling lives without a permanent partner. Doesn't mean they won't find someone that makes them happy, just that I think they may *need* a partner less than Jack.

Teal'c is a little more of a puzzle. However, he started out as a family man and I think he'll end up with a new family.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Romantically speaking, Teal'c has the memory of a goldfish. I don't think he could get and stay married since he seems to be unable to remember that he's attached for more than eight months at a stretch!

I don't think Sam and Jack have ever had the storyline. They weren't written as love interests, and any time they've tried to make it explicit, Sam's ended losing all her backbone.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Ok after a long deliberation, i have picked Sam. BUT with rules! They cant possably work with the whole millitary thingo going on! Thats not to say they couldnt have a good relationship ounce those pesky goulds hurry up and die!! =)
                        Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey!

Comment

Sara/Jack will not work again because of the communication problems that broke them up the first time around. Jack was an emotionally repressed man, primarily because of those "damn distasteful things" that he had to do but could not share with Sara, whilst she genuinely tried but inevitably failed to understand him. As such, their son's death became the unfortunate catalyst -- but not the real cause -- for their marriage to unravel. They both might have evolved as individuals since then, but their predicament has not changed.
                          In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Jack/Sara? Well my first reaction to Sara was "ugh", instant, visceral dislike. The flashbacks were rather nice (although as my first reaction to her was dislike, I couldn't appreciate them), but I had a vague feeling that the couple hadn't been doing that well even before Charlie's death. Her comments about "spinning a line of bull" and "O'Neill bravado" just irritated me, felt like she was kicking Jack when he was already on the ground. Sara is resentful towards Jack, particularly where it concerns his way of expressing emotions, and my gut feeling is that this hasn't just to do with Charlie. I feel that their couple had been heading towards a breakup due to lack of emotional communication, and that Charlie's death was what delivered the fatal blow.

Jack/Sam? It was amusing when they were nonchalantly flirting, and sort of touching in a "not going to happen" way around S3/S4. Now, it's unbelievable. Thing is, if something was going to happen, it would have happened when the feelings were running high (around S4). Insead, it got dug up again in S7 and it doesn't work well. At best, I agree that Sam may have a big crush on Jack, but I highly doubt that it's mutual. I don't see the chemistry between them at all, nor do I see them sharing much apart from work. They live on different planets, and while I agree that opposites attract, I see much more "attraction" between Jack and Daniel than Jack and Sam.

The interest in "opposites attract" is that the two people complement each other in a positive way. Daniel has made Jack open up to a certain extent, and handles some things that Jack doesn't know how to handle (diplomatic relationships for example), while Jack sometimes had to yank Daniel back into the harsh reality of life when he was going too far into intellectual/philosophical theory. That's why I adore their relationship, be it friendship or pushed into slash - they complement each other. On the other hand, Jack has never been able to yank Sam out of her scientific world, and she has never been able to really get into his head/heart or let him into hers. They push each other away, rather, and I don't see what each can bring to the other, except for "ooh, pretty heroine, handsome hero, let's pair them up".

Of all the potential couples I saw with Jack, I'd vote for Jack/Laira. I really liked Laira, and I think they had something very good going. She was balanced, intelligent, had a sense of humour, and had a nurturing side which I think Jack perhaps needs, deep down, and that Sam cannot provide (I personally find Sam emotionally immature, it's one of her character's most interesting/endearing traits, but doesn't make her a good match for Jack).

Actually, I completely agree with the following:

If a character emerged who was right for him and there was a good storyline to it then fine. But if not, I'd like to see him stay single rather than get hitched because he was seen as 'incomplete' until married or at least shacked up with someone
                            And I'll add that I also have the feeling that Jack isn't looking for a partner. I doubt that it's because he's found his One True Love (Sam) and doesn't want to look elsewhere until she puts the moves on him. I rather have the impression that since his family imploded, since he failed at being a good father/husband (in his mind), he doesn't want to get involved in another relationship/possible family. If that makes him happy, then it's fine by me.

Ehm, sorry for the ramble.
                            Last edited by Viv; 24 June 2004, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABYDOSCITY2
                              I think that Sara is the perfect women for Jack. She is a civilian, they were happy together one, and she understands. At times it seems he is still in love with Sara. Of course they would have to restart thier relationship.

Sam is his junior officer, IMHO does not understand him emoptionally or the warriorcode he lives by. They make great friends.

What do you think?
                              Whenever I watch Cold Lazarus, I always feel or sense more of a "connection" between Sara and Jack, then I have ever seen or felt between Jack and Sam over 8 years.

In one 45 minute episode, Jack seemed to connect with Sara far more than he has had with Sam and they have had 8 years to find that connection. So while I'm not a shipper in any shape or form, if I had to choose one or the other it would be Sara.

Give the inappropriate behavior between a Senior Officer and a Junior Officer a break. It did it's job, show drama in the show...move on and start being realistic.

Ace
                              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

If Sara and Jack were meant to be together, they would have reconciled along time ago.

As for Sam, I think the attraction is mutual. Since they don't spend personal time together, it is hard to say whether they would make it as a couple. I do think they care for each other and should give it a shot.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X