Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think any person in the military making important military decisions would pay attention to every detail. Why does the idea of Jack being intimidated by anyone irk you so much? I feel that's why this show is such a success. It shows that all people have character flaws and then it shows how they all work together despite their differences. The SG-1 are all different as night and day but they all have great respect for each other. You can respect someone and still be intimidated by them. Also I feel your age has a lot to do with how you view all the characters. I respect your right to have your opinion, now respect mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Abodie
      I would think any person in the military making important military decisions would pay attention to every detail. Why does the idea of Jack being intimidated by anyone irk you so much? I feel that's why this show is such a success. It shows that all people have character flaws and then it shows how they all work together despite their differences. The SG-1 are all different as night and day but they all have great respect for each other. You can respect someone and still be intimidated by them. Also I feel your age has a lot to do with how you view all the characters. I respect your right to have your opinion, now respect mine.
      Uhm, excuse me?

First of all, the idea of Jack being intimidated by Sam's intelligence doesn't irk me, I simply don't agree with it.

Secondly, as I made obvious by writing "IMHO, of course" I was only stating my opinion which happens to be different to yours. I was discussing those opinions; I was neither telling you you were wrong nor was I disrespectful towards you in any way.

Last but not least I consider your request to respect your opinion - which I did! - in connection with a side note about my age unnecessary and rather condescending, considering that you have no way of knowing how old I am.

Comment

Hmmm... That's a toughie... Not!

No, I just think there are certain aspects of each character's life that have never been revisited as much as other parts of the arc - and possibly never will be.

For instance, Daniel's relationship with Sha're has since been beaten to, well... it's been beaten, as has Sam's brother and mother. Sha're, and Sam's brother and mother, were very important to the fleshing out of their characters in the beginning, and they were very important people in their lives.

But now these characters haven't really factored into the here, now, and the future, so to speak. The same can be said for Drey'auc and Ry'ac, to some extent. For Jack, that person is Sara.

As a result, I have no problem with there being any Jack/Sam ship action.

Comment

Working...
        X