This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger
    As for the 2nd part up there - I think you might be surprised at just how much the wives/husbands do know about what their other half does.
    But what impact would it have that they could never talk about it?
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Can't say I liked the character of Sara that much -- granted, she is hardly shown in contrast to Sam... but she doesn't really strike me as someone who I'd like to see rekindle the flame with O'Neill. I like that Jack and Sam are so different yet similar (i.e. their united bonding through SG-1 and the many adventures and no-doubt life-affirming situations they've been in over the years!). Not sure if anyone could really settle down though, unless Jack retired from active duty at last again, because as it's been implied numerous times on the show, this line of work tends to consume most of your life (life that Jack would have prolly spent with his wife and son were it not for Charlie's untimely death). *sigh*
      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I like Sara and they definately had chemistry in Cold Lazarus but, to me, that was the "goodbye" episode. They talked through a lot of the things that had driven them apart and resolved a lot of it. If they were going to get back together that would have been the time. Seeing as how they didn't it seems to me like it's just not meant to be.

I like the thought of Sam and Jack together. Not right now and not while they're still in the military but at some point. I think that they compliment each other and I also think that they have some serious chemistry. I know many people don't but I really think they spark off each other.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Actually, I have my doubts whether Jack and Sara would have stayed together even if Charlie had survived; it really depends how retired he was. In the movie he was essentially retired from the off, but series Jack is rather younger.

Comment

I liked what we saw of Sara & Jack, they did seem nice together, but I agree with the people who said it would probably be too difficult for them to get over the loss of their son. We've already seen evidence of that in the show.

I am a shipper for Sam & Jack. I genuinely do think they're a great match, and I really want to see them end up together when the series finishes. Even though I think it's a pity Sara & Jack, as far as we know, don't really keep in contact, I'd still choose Sam for Jack every time.

Comment

hm... Sara or Sam?

.... one simple word:

BA'AL!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Previously, Jack could not discuss his work with Sara anyway. So that is not the obstacle. There had to be more at work than just the death of the child however horrible. In Cold Lazarus, Sara mentions that Jack avoids talking to her or opening up with his male military bravado in the way. So his inability to communicate was upsetting to her from before. Marriage is a complex arrangement. A death is frequently the end to continuing family conflicts since a resolution occurs in the splintering of the family.

From the pictures on the wall in his house, one can conclude that Jack is still beating himself up for his failure to protect his family since that is a primary motivation in his personality. It reminds him about what he loved and lost. That urge to protect is mentioned frequently in many episodes by other characters.
                Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  I like the thought of Sam and Jack together. Not right now and not while they're still in the military but at some point. I think that they compliment each other and I also think that they have some serious chemistry. I know many people don't but I really think they spark off each other.
                  You carry on having those positive thoughts,Shipperahoy !
                  Just because I don't "see" any romantic chemistry between them,it doesn't mean that I don't want a happy ending too !

(I just hope the PTB do it convincingly,and don't make the rest of the storylines secondary in the build-up.)
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    That's your opinion. I have never seen them as having ANYTHING in common beyond work and I do not feel that work is enough "common ground" for any sort of romantic relationship.
                    Fair enough, as Bagpuss said all opionions are equal.

One thing that I thought of afterwards is that certain parts of theirs charaters might fit together well. Sam is the scientist and is very work orientated and can push herself way too far sometimes and Jack is the laid back guy who can remind her to let go and relax. They could counter balance each other well maybe?

Comment

Jack and Sara? Nice couple. But no Jack and Sara on the show please, just in the occasional fanfic.

Jack and Sam? I've said my piece on that enough times. There are some nice fanfics with that pairing though.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        hm... Sara or Sam?

.... one simple word:

BA'AL!
                        Eww...Stockhome's syndrome.!
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Seven
                          From what I have seen the death of Charlie would have always stood between them. Repairing, even if it were possible, would not be easy for the amount of time Jack spends away not to mention the fact that he couldn't tell Sara anything about where he goes and what he does.

Sam is his female counter part in terms of toughness and understanding of his work not to mention the extrodinary amount of time they have to spend together makes the pairing a good one I think. They both know loss and the demands of their career and maybe they are content to wait until things finally change before getting involved and/or they are both personally ready?
                          I disagree. Sara and Jack made it work for a long time and it was only Jack's inability to share his grief at that death of their son, to share the whole tragic experience with the other person who would understand it, that seems to have led to the end of their marriage.

Jack was always in Special Ops. His situation then really wasn't any different then it is now in terms of what he could and could not share with her there--he couldn't tell her what he was doing, what happened, etc, etc. The only real difference is the off-world nature of the SGC. That didn't stand between them before, they were apparently very happy going by the flashback, really in love with each other.

I actually think it would be quite believable for Jack and Sara to "fall in love all over again"--I could easily see them bumping into each other, stopping for a coffee and just remembering what it was that attracted to each other in the first place to get the ball rolling again. I think Jack wants that normality. And I could see him and Sara, if they got back together again, taking in foster children or even adopting, if being a little older didn't stand in the way.

Whereas I don't think Sam and Jack have got anything to tie them together except for the job and even there, their interests in it are almost entirely different. And they don't have half the chemistry that Jack and Sara had in her one appearance on the show, IMO.

Comment

Darn it! I just want him to be happy with someone. At this stage it could be Sara, Sam or someone new. Too much emotional whumping, torture, injuries, and tough calls for Jack. It's time for a little happiness. He's moving into a new stage of life now. Time for some reexamination of his romantic life.
                            Slainte
                            "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Why does he have to be happy with someone.

Comment

'cause most folks are happier with someone than they are alone?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X