This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABYDOSCITY2
    I think that Sara is the perfect women for Jack. She is a civilian, they were happy together one, and she understands. At times it seems he is still in love with Sara. Of course they would have to restart thier relationship.

Sam is his junior officer, IMHO does not understand him emoptionally or the warriorcode he lives by. They make great friends.

What do you think?
    Well to tell the truth, I always thought that either Janet Fraiser or Laira of Edora were perfect woman for Jack. However since Janet isn't an option in this thread or in his world anymore and Laira isn't an option in the thread, I would have to say that Sara O'Neill is much better suited to Jack than Sam Carter is.

It isn't just about their history together which plays a huge factor in that, but it's also about their closeness in age and the way they are together. From the way Jack has pictures of his family and Sara around his house and especially beside his bed, I think that he has grown to regret the way he acted before with Sara and not letting her inside of his emotions. Jack has made huge strides in his emotional growth since the death of Charlie and even back in Solitudes he talked about the depth of his love for Sara. I don't think that Jack left Sara because he didn't love her anymore but because he didn't want to hurt her anymore with his self destructive grief.

I would love to see Jack and Sara get back together as I don't think he ever really stopped loving her and I think she still has his heart.

Sam Carter deserves more than a man who can't give her his whole heart and that is how I see Jack O'Neill...as a man who's heart still belongs to the mother of his child.
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

i think sara's moved on. i got the impression in Cold Lazarus that while she might always care for Jack, she wouldn't want to be married to him again...that's all in the past, and behind her. So really, even if Jack wanted to be back with Sara, i think that ship has sailed.

On the other hand, Sam has done what Jack has done. She understands better than Sara the awful things jack has had to do, she's done some uncomfortable things herself. And he seems to lighten up more around her.
      Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

sara and jack are so over.Some people can go back after they break up but somehow those two give off these major "no way" vibrations.They managed to move on without each other.they survived what happend and their to the point where they can talk but that's what cold lazarus symbolized from what i saw.Jack reconciling himself to the past and moving on.Starting a new life.Remembering but never going back.they've given each other up.it's over.finished,life goes on.

Comment

I see no chemistry between Jack and Sam. In fact, I see anti chemistry between them. Scenes that are supposed to showcase how much chemistry they have don't just leave me cold, they cause me pain. They don't seem to have anything in common except their jobs. I don't see either one lighting up in any special way around the other. Not to make me see them in any romantic sense.

So, if I had to choose, it would be Sara. But, I don't see why Jack has to be with someone. Like others have said, if someone comes along, and it's natural and not forced in, fine. But, people can be single and happy. Perfectly happy. No, really. They can, indeed.

And, Jack's not alone. He's got Daniel, Teal'c, and yes, Sam.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
            I see no chemistry between Jack and Sam. In fact, I see anti chemistry between them. Scenes that are supposed to showcase how much chemistry they have don't just leave me cold, they cause me pain.
            Nice to know I'm not alone there.

I still don't see either of them being the one for Jack, but then what do I know? When I wrote him a love interest she was a seven-thousand year old virgin soldier.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I guess that any of us no matter which person we see as right for Jack can come up with valid reasons why it would work out better for him with that person.

I have never seen any sign that things are 'over' between Sara and Jack or that there is no avenue open for them to get back together. In my mind the very fact that he still has a picture with her next to his bed tells me that she is someone to whom he is still deeply committed to.

Oddly enough the other thing that to me indicates that Jack is still deeply in love with Sara is the vague spark of interest he has in Sam Carter. To my perception the things he finds himself drawn to about Sam are the things about her that remind him of Sara. Their similar build and eye color, their compassionate natures and strong spirits. The way they like to do their own work hands on and have the satisfaction of figuring it out for themselves. Their loyalty and capacity for caring.

Sometimes I think that Jack looks at Sam and sees not his 2IC, but his ex-wife Sara as she was back when they were both that young and seeing the world through less cynical eyes. In my perception everything about the way Jack sometimes reacts to Sam Carter with a spark of interest only speaks very deeply of how much he loves and misses Sara.

But that's just my perspective.
              ______
              Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

I'm not going into any reasons for why I pick who I pick, I'm just going to say who I think is best, and that'll be it.

JACK, IF YOU'RE SMART YOU'LL RIP CARTER AWAY FROM PETE NOW AND START SMOOCHIN'!!

Next, please?
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                  Like others have said, if someone comes along, and it's natural and not forced in, fine.
                  I don't agree with everything you've said but with this statement I certainly do. Jack has always been my favorite character and I would love to see him happy in a relationship. Not because I feel that people can't be happy when they're single - of course they can! - but because I'm a romantic at heart and want to see some romance for my favorite character, even in a scifi series.

I can't see either Sara or Sam as his 'soulmate' though. Laira came close, or rather would have come close under different circumstances. As it is I'm a Jack/xx shipper; I'd root for any pairing that shows me a Jack who's genuinely happy and carefree in a relationship. But we haven't been shown such an option yet IMO.

Comment

Sara or Sam for Jack
                    Neither.

Jack and Sara... Well, in Cold Lazarus, they felt very much "over", to me. Their love and care for each other was still there, but the in love - part had passed them by, and I think they both knew and accepted that.

Jack and Sam. Oh, I think I've made my feelings on this quite clear in the Anti Jack/Sam thread, so I'll just say a heartily NO! and leave it at that.

If anyone, I would say that Laira (A Hundred Days) was a nice fit for Jack. There was definitely something there and I would like to see Jack return to Edora someday, to sort things out with her.

But as Dani pointed out, people can be single and still feel happy and content so there's that option, as well.
                    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Absolutely SAM!
                      I think Jack will always love Sara, but they have been through too much and apart for to long to be together again. Jack and Sam obviously care for each other a great deal. So the military has regulations, neither of them have broken them, they have never acted inappropriate on there feelings for each other, but that doesn't mean that they can't have feelings for each other.
                      Besides opposites attract!

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                        I think that of all the characters Jack seems to me to be the one who most needs someone to make his retirement years happy. I don't see that he needs anyone right this minute but when he's ready to move off and fish and get a dog I think he's the sort who would like a companion to do those things with. Maybe it's because he seemed so unhappy in "2010". I'm just not sure I see Sam as the person who would make him happy. I don't think I see Sara either. Are there any other choices??

I think jack could be happy with the simple life if he went back to Lara, (100 days); happier yet if he could get her to come to earth.

I think Sam and Daniel would be the most likely to stay unattached. They are very focused people, fascinated by pursuits that are often done alone. I can see them having fulfilling lives without a permanent partner. Doesn't mean they won't find someone that makes them happy, just that I think they may *need* a partner less than Jack.

Yes I agree. For now these 2 are too young and too focused on what their careers offer to invest the amount of time it takes to make a lasting relationship work.

Teal'c is a little more of a puzzle. However, he started out as a family man and I think he'll end up with a new family.

Looks like Teal'c waited 130 years to sew his wild oats! I hope he was practicing safe sex. but then again the tretonin should help him. I wonder if anyone is trying to use tretonin to cure aids. Hmm...

Reply within message above. I got lazy.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Personally, I agree with Daniel's_Twin. Carter is most definetally better for Jack. You see that they like each other. I think that if Carter wasn't military, well, just think "There but for the Grace of God." I think that says it all.
                          *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Wasn't that an AU Sam and Jack? Not this Sam and Jack?
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Frankly, I would have to say neither. Sara/ Jack is obviously over, especially since we haven't really heard anything about her for a few years. Plus, I don't see them reconciling anytime soon. Sam/Jack I've stated my feelings about this in several threads (mainly the Anti-Shipper thread) so check there if you want to see what I think because I'm about to crash right now. I'm not sure if I would like to see Jack with anyone, at least not as a one of the main or secondary plotlines because I don't really like how they handled it with Sam.
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I can "see" that Jack and Daniel like each other. I "see" that Sam and Teal'c like each other. Ditto Jack/Teal'c and Sam/Daniel. They're a TEAM. They're a GOOD team. They've been together for years and yeah, amazingly enough they all still like each other. HOWEVER, none of that means that any of them have to have romantic feelings for each other and without turning this into another ship discussion thread I don't see that ANY pairing HAS to exist. Yes, the Sam/Jack angle has been shoved at us, but that doesn't mean that it's right, that doesn't mean that it's the ONLY possibility. Fandom supports all KINDS of pairings and none of them is any more "right" or "wrong" than any other. Except Jack/Thor. That's just wrong on so MANY levels.

Point is, it's a matter of personal interpretation. Nothing more, nothing less. What one person sees as X and Y destined to be together another person will see as proof that X and Y should NEVER get together.

Comment

Working...
                                X