This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
    I think that Jack and Sam care for each other deeply, but it's like Peter Parker in the first Spider-man movie. They realize that there are bigger things going on in the universe then themselves. And although it's probably gnawing at their insides, they realize that for the moment, it's the right thing to do.

I agree ..I see it like that too ..and like Graculus mentionned ...any TPTB should do RST before it gets tiring ...May be they'll throw RST with Sam and Jack in
    Spoiler:
    Mobius
    and then throw a plot twist to mess things up ...not that I would like it and I think it's a bit too late in the show to do that ..but TPTB are evil enough to do something like that .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
      I think in some ways Jack would be happy if things could work with Sara, but he feels too much guilt over the death of Charlie for them to ever be able to put that unfortunate issue to rest...and he knows it; they both know it, so I don't see that ever happening.
      Sam on the other hand is military taboo, so I have to take a 3rd option not provided here, and go with Lara from "100 Days." I hope that doesn't sound like a complete cop out, but it only seems logical, IMO, of course.

Lara is a bit too much like a one night stand to me ..He didn't love her ..He was with her because he was stuck on the planet ..he never returned ..so he does not care on bit about her .

he did love his wife dearly and if the show had not had been so long seeing him and Sam working together helping each other all the time , comforting each other ..then I would be happy for him to go back with Sara but he has not mentionned her in years , doe not want to speak about it , she is gone ..and he moved on even more clearly soon because he is gonna try to have a..
      Spoiler:
      normal life with Kerry
      ..only because Sam and him can't be together because of the regulations and higher priorities in their life like saving the world ..like Spiderman and his girlfriend.

Right now Sam is with
      Spoiler:
      Pete
      and Jack will be with
      Spoiler:
      Kerry soon
      ..Either this is the way they will be ..or both of them realize it is not what they want break up... and Sam and Jack will be together ..to leave
      Spoiler:
      Pete and Kerry
      start a relationship ..hahahahaha

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Lara is a bit too much like a one night stand to me ..He didn't love her ..He was with her because he was stuck on the planet ..he never returned ..so he does not care on bit about her .
        I thought that by their "good-bye" that O'neill had learned to care for her. He might either retire their or assume an ambassadorial role and reconnect. Anyway, it was just a thought.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I thought there was something "old married couplish" about Jack and Lara. I liked their relationship because it seemed mature and deliberate. It meshed with my impression of what people in their 40s would do, and that was great to see on TV.

Later,
          Graculus

Comment

Wooh! Back to the topic. SAM and JACK! Sara is totally out of the picture, Sam and Jack have admitted their feelings before. They better do it again and I firmly believe they will end up together before it ends. Stuff Air Force regs.

Shéyna (Psychoveg)
            Shéyna

Sheyna-isms: Like normal words, but better!

Pop into my myspace profile and leave me a message! If you wanna add me, message me letting me know your from gateworld first!!!www.myspace.com/sheyna_lou

XxX

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pyscho-veggie-freak
              Stuff Air Force regs.
              I don't see that happening, since they want to keep their official USAF support.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                I don't see that happening, since they want to keep their official USAF support.
                Yeah, fair enough. I was being a moody teenager. Sorry. What I mean is, they should be together and it is crel of the airforce to keep them apart.
                Shéyna

Sheyna-isms: Like normal words, but better!

Pop into my myspace profile and leave me a message! If you wanna add me, message me letting me know your from gateworld first!!!www.myspace.com/sheyna_lou

XxX

sigpic

Comment

May be they should go to the court martial to explain their case . and may be then something could be done .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Pyscho-veggie-freak
                    Yeah, fair enough. I was being a moody teenager. Sorry. What I mean is, they should be together and it is crel of the airforce to keep them apart.
                    That's a matter of opinion and perception, but it's not cruel, it's necessary, and anyway the AF isn't keeping them apart. One of them could resign or request reassignment tomorrow if they really felt that strongly.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I agree that Sara suits Jack better than Samantha. They have been through a lot together by sharing the birth of their son and then his untimely death. If their love has survived that they can get through anything. Sam is just too smart for Jack's comfort zone and Sam deserves someone who respects her intelligence, instead of someone who is intimidated by it.

Comment

Just a silly point. According to some researches about the Mongol laws in Asia, we discovered that according to the shavadai law “ when a single man, buys his first female slave, she becomes his wife ! “

In the episode Emancipation, SAM is held prisoner and in order to deliver her, Jack ( who is divorced and therefore single) BUYS her in exchange for his gun !

And as we know, the American law recognizes all its national’s marriages in foreign territories…Jack and Sam are therefore married...

I don't know if they could pull off the "alien marriage" thing like they do with the whle "influence of alien virus" thing, but hey, it could happen

Sam and Jack forever and always, there can never be any others! (well, bumps along the long road of life, but ultimately, they can only be with each other!) I mean, they've gone through sooo much together. They understand each other better than anyone else could. They can sometimes practically read each other's minds when they need to. Together they can accomplish anything. They have massive respect and trust the other with their lives. These things are the main foundations of a strong relationship.
                        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Abodie
                          Sam is just too smart for Jack's comfort zone and Sam deserves someone who respects her intelligence, instead of someone who is intimidated by it.
                          What makes you say that Jack is intimidated by her intelligence? I've not once in the 170-ish eps felt that and would be honestly interested in hearing why you think that. Do any specific scenes come to mind?

Comment

Feli-I have no problem explaining why I feel Jack and Sam aren't suited for each other. Although there is chemistry between them. I have watched all the episodes of Stargate SG-1. I can't give a direct quote from any one episode(and didn't think I needed to in order to post on this site), I have seen several episodes in which Jack rolled his eyes or made comments when Sam was explaining one of her theories. In fact he does it to Daniel too. Whenever she discusses things Jack doesn't understand he just leaves the room. I remember in one episode where Jack ask Sam if he can help with a problem she's having. When she goes into her scientific explanation he gets up in the middle of the explanation and says, "Can I get you coffee." Jack truly admires her as a co-worker and makes fun of himself but in the long run his ego would get bruised if they got together.

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
                              I agree Jack and Sam care deeply for each other. But I'm happy Sam found love with Pete.

Later,
                              Graculus
                              no way does she love pete.. at least not like she does jack . i mean, have we ever heard her say she loves him? i haven't. i just don't see them staying together at all..they don't belong together...and i hate pete!!!
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Abodie
                                Feli-I have no problem explaining why I feel Jack and Sam aren't suited for each other. Although there is chemistry between them. I have watched all the episodes of Stargate SG-1. I can't give a direct quote from any one episode(and didn't think I needed to in order to post on this site), I have seen several episodes in which Jack rolled his eyes or made comments when Sam was explaining one of her theories. In fact he does it to Daniel too. Whenever she discusses things Jack doesn't understand he just leaves the room. I remember in one episode where Jack ask Sam if he can help with a problem she's having. When she goes into her scientific explanation he gets up in the middle of the explanation and says, "Can I get you coffee." Jack truly admires her as a co-worker and makes fun of himself but in the long run his ego would get bruised if they got together.
                                I'm not debating your statement that they aren't suited for each other but I'm seriously doubting that Jack feels intimidated by her intelligence. The examples you give show - IMHO, of course - that he doesn't always listen to Sam's (or Daniel's) long-winded explanations because he doesn't need to know every tiny detail in order to make a decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X