Stargate: Ragnarok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
    I've given Sealurk a few boot whomps to get writing I haven't sent him anything to beta (and likely won't for awhile as i'm reworking SOP) so he can focus on SGR and the other distractions in his life including that ham sandwich
    Damm those Ham sandwiches! they will be the end of us all!! :walks of to get ham sandwich:

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
      Damm those Ham sandwiches! they will be the end of us all!! :walks of to get ham sandwich:
      Yes, yes they will. Who'd have thought that slivers of dead pig between two pieces of bread could have such a detrimental effect on me? And as for the owner of that spectacular derriere...

(God, I hope she never reads this thread)

No!! Focus! Must stay focused!
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        Yes, yes they will. Who'd have thought that slivers of dead pig between two pieces of bread could have such a detrimental effect on me? And as for the owner of that spectacular derriere...

(God, I hope she never reads this thread)

No!! Focus! Must stay focused!
        Your preaching to the choir my friend

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Your preaching to the choir my friend
          Funnily enough I just typed that exact line in SGR 3. Spooky...

Well hopefully this brief and unexpected insight into my private life and eating habits can now be ended. Let us never speak of this again (or at least until Aragon decides otherwise ).
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Funnily enough I just typed that exact line in SGR 3. Spooky...
            Exellent, my powers are increasing

Comment

Exellent, my powers are increasing
              If it's one thing you've demonstrated to me, its that your offhanded comments tend to give writers ideas

perhaps you recall 'Rule Britannia'?

I'm quite sure Ragnarok will be back soon Sealurk has evidently been on a roll last i heard
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                If it's one thing you've demonstrated to me, its that your offhanded comments tend to give writers ideas

perhaps you recall 'Rule Britannia'?

I'm quite sure Ragnarok will be back soon Sealurk has evidently been on a roll last i heard
                Ahh yes, how could I forget it .

If another comment makes it into a story then im really going to have to look into the possibilty that I have mind control powers

Comment

So its been a month since we have heard anything, are you still continuing Sealurk?

Comment

So its been a month since we have heard anything, are you still continuing Sealurk?
                    C'mon! Gimme a chance! It's almost like you expect me to be writing this thing faster than a sentence a day...

Which is my facetious way of saying "yes, but it's slow going and I have sod all enthusiasm for it at the moment". Truth be told it wouldn't take much of an effort to finish it, it's fairly close to the end, but I think it needs a lot of work - there isn't enough plot, too much exposition, and I have got a lot on my mind at the moment. But I am getting there. Slowly.
                    sigpic

Comment

C'mon! Gimme a chance! It's almost like you expect me to be writing this thing faster than a sentence a day...

Which is my facetious way of saying "yes, but it's slow going and I have sod all enthusiasm for it at the moment". Truth be told it wouldn't take much of an effort to finish it, it's fairly close to the end, but I think it needs a lot of work - there isn't enough plot, too much exposition, and I have got a lot on my mind at the moment. But I am getting there. Slowly.
                      Thats fair enough, I only ask because we havn't heard anything for a while and i was wondering if you were going to continue it or if you had moved on.

Comment

Thats fair enough, I only ask because we havn't heard anything for a while and i was wondering if you were going to continue it or if you had moved on.
                        I don't intend to give up on Stargate Ragnarok - but it's something that keeps having to be moved to the backburner and therefore I have no momentum with it. I have plenty of plans for future episodes and developments, but I can't do much with them at the moment.

I really want to get this episode over and done with, because writing has gone from being something I love doing and can't wait to devote time to doing to being a chore, and I don't like that.

As for the episode itself, I don't like it much but I've put too much work into it and strung all you guys along for too long to start over now. All that wait, and I think it's going to be the worst ep yet, it's not fair on all you readers.

Unfortunately, I'm extremely busy in my life at the moment so I can't spend as much time writing as usual. I wish I could say it was going to be worth the wait but I don't think that's the case. Sorry guys.
                        sigpic

Comment

You now Sealurk, you could get a co-writer. I'm offering because I love the concept and I think I share your vision. I'm having some trouble with motivations of my own right now, but I find I aways do better when I work with somebody else's material. What do you say mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            You now Sealurk, you could get a co-writer. I'm offering because I love the concept and I think I share your vision. I'm having some trouble with motivations of my own right now, but I find I aways do better when I work with somebody else's material. What do you say mate?
                            As someone who reads let CTom do it, but as a fan who wants/loves to read the best, I'm trown, I hate all your authors RL, but again glad you have one?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Well, I asked a while back and didn't get any takers, but it may have been because the request was vague and in the middle of a large post. This is it:

I'm also considering looking for a co-writer, or even a temporary replacement. I don't want SGR to die - I love the characters, the bad guys, the mythology, the setup, the whole fanfic / virtual series thing and want to keep producing it - but I don't think I'll be able to devote much time to it.
                              As it is, I'm not too far from the end of this fic now. A big concerted effort should at least get it finished in a readable form, though it won't be pretty. I anticipate I'll send the finished draft to you guys, see what you say and then heavily rework parts of it depending on your feedback.

As for co-writing part four, well, we'll see how I feel about Ragnarok after this ep is posted on FF.net.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, I asked a while back and didn't get any takers, but it may have been because the request was vague and in the middle of a large post. This is it:

As it is, I'm not too far from the end of this fic now. A big concerted effort should at least get it finished in a readable form, though it won't be pretty.
                                Well, a mini-series is usually the most high quality form of entertainment these days.

I anticipate I'll send the finished draft to you guys, see what you say and then heavily rework parts of it depending on your feedback.
                                Looking forward to the sneak peak.

As for co-writing part four, well, we'll see how I feel about Ragnarok after this ep is posted on FF.net.
                                Sorry I missed your first announcement.

Comment

Working...
                                X