No announcement yet.

Stargate: Ragnarok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you enjoyed it Harkonnen, and thanks for the detailed response - what was it you didn't like at the start? It's not that I'm latching on to the one negative in the post, I just want to know so I can consciously avoid it from now on! And yes, that was just one episode - and I was actually worried it was too short!

Womble: ASAP? I'm working on part 2 now, and given the response to part 1, I think I'll be devoting a great deal of time to it! Actually I've got to say, it was your post in the Stargate, British style thread (thanks for the publicity BTW!!) that reminded me to start working on part 1 (which had been on the backburner for a while).
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      Womble: ASAP? I'm working on part 2 now, and given the response to part 1, I think I'll be devoting a great deal of time to it! Actually I've got to say, it was your post in the Stargate, British style thread (thanks for the publicity BTW!!) that reminded me to start working on part 1 (which had been on the backburner for a while).
      Hey, you're welcome. A good story deserves publicity- and take it from a very picky reader, yours is good. I'm just glad to know there WILL be a second episode after all.

(And if you need a beta reader again, you know where to find me- starting late January, that is, once I'm back from my travels around Germany and Britain).

And for the record, I really doubt that this story is going to lack Britishness any more than the original SG-1's Egyptian-themed Goa'uld made it devoid of American-ness.

Werevolves are not confined to the Norse lore, anyway. It's a myth with a very broad distribution (about as broad as the wolves). There's tons of werewolf legends in the Eastern European Slavic folklore (some historical records describe the Russian prince Vseslav of Polotsk as a werewolf), in Greek mythology, and I think the Native Americans had some legends to that effect as well.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

*laughs hoarsly* HAHA! That's what I'm talking about! *slams fist into table to make the point*

This stuff is great! I'd like beta reading as well!

Comment

Crazy Tom: I take it you liked it then? You're perfectly welcome to beta it as well. It might be a while yet, although I'm working on it this very minute.

Womble: I'll definitely want to employ your proofreading talent again! Can't say when, but end of January / early February is probably the best bet so far.

----

Although I have a large number of notes and a number of potential plots, lines of dialogue, detailed character historiess and obstacles lined up for new SGR stories, I'm always open to suggestions. Doesn't automatically mean I'll use them, though!

Let me know what you want to see more / less of for example (character interactions, action scenes, mythological references, techy scientific scenes etc). Which characters do you like / dislike and why? It all helps.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Perhaps more flashy techiness on the Fenir's part.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Harkonnen, and thanks for the detailed response - what was it you didn't like at the start? It's not that I'm latching on to the one negative in the post, I just want to know so I can consciously avoid it from now on! And yes, that was just one episode - and I was actually worried it was too short!
              Oh, sorry. Guess I should clarify what I meant

I meant that before I decided to read I thought it wasn't going to be good.

Then when I did start reading I was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Harkonnen View Post
                Oh, sorry. Guess I should clarify what I meant

I meant that before I decided to read I thought it wasn't going to be good.

Then when I did start reading I was pleasantly surprised.
                Ah, so I need to work on getting the synopsis right then!!

Well that's good.
                sigpic

Comment

I just realised something. The Fenir bear certain resemblance to the Razg from the GWVF, blood red shields, wolvish descent, pack tactics, advanced projectile weaponry. The notable diference being mine are good guys.

Comment

Really? Blimey! Total coincidence, I assure you! I've never actually looked at the GateWorld Virtual Fleet.

Or maybe it's just a case of great minds doing that thing they do...

I came up with the Fenrir because I wanted a mythological basis for the new race, but I also wanted something distinctly non-human (although they are still bisymmetric bipeds). That, and I think werewolves are fantastic - Dog Soldiers can be blamed for this.
                    sigpic

Comment

Really? Blimey! Total coincidence, I assure you! I've never actually looked at the GateWorld Virtual Fleet.

Or maybe it's just a case of great minds doing that thing they do...

I came up with the Fenrir because I wanted a mythological basis for the new race, but I also wanted something distinctly non-human (although they are still bisymmetric bipeds). That, and I think werewolves are fantastic - Dog Soldiers can be blamed for this.
                      I've never actually see that movie. I'll have to make a point to watch it.

And addin on to that: The Underworld trilogy.

Comment

Dog Soldiers is fantastic. Not terribly high budget, but it does the job very well, and it's quite funny in places too (without sacrificing action and horror).

And the werewolves...sorry, Lycans, in Underworld were quite good I thought. Preferred the second one for mindless guns 'n' guts entertainment.
                        sigpic

Comment

Dog Soldiers is fantastic. Not terribly high budget, but it does the job very well, and it's quite funny in places too (without sacrificing action and horror).

And the werewolves...sorry, Lycans, in Underworld were quite good I thought. Preferred the second one for mindless guns 'n' guts entertainment.
                          I liked the first one better truth be told. Can't wait till #3.

Comment

Sorry I have been out of town for a few. Holy crap...this is awsome. I love the werewolves. I am curious what the Brits will be up to. I cannot wait for more.

Comment

Originally posted by altimasmitty View Post
                              Holy crap...this is awsome. I love the werewolves.
                              So do i i also like the fact that some of them have personal shields i just hope they don't have the same weakness as the gou'ald shields... and there weapons how they shoot little bullets you might want to re think that 1000 per minute they would need to carry a lot of ammo but apart from that very very ****ing good
                              get the rep

Comment

Originally posted by 95_supra View Post
                                there weapons how they shoot little bullets you might want to re think that 1000 per minute they would need to carry a lot of ammo
                                It is true that they would need a lot of ammo, but a small object traveling very fast can still do a lot of damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X