Stargate: Ragnarok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
    I always wait a year or two for when new software comes out, gives it time for all the bugs to be sorted out. Best thing i can think of is to simply go back to the 2007 version.
    On this laptop there was no previous version of Word, unfortunately, That's why I bought it in the first place. You're right though, I should have waited until it was a little more mature and debugged, but I got sick of OpenOffice not working.

I'm going to try and uninstall/reinstall everything major over the weekend now that I've backed up my documents, hope that works. Need to catch up on my writing!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I must say, i don't usually read fan fiction - but this was amazing! Keep up the work!

Comment

Originally posted by Awtus View Post
        I must say, i don't usually read fan fiction - but this was amazing! Keep up the work!
        Thank you very much! I'm very happy you're enjoying it.

In fact, I would like to say to everybody on this thread that the level of support and appreciation I've received for Stargate Ragnarok has been incredible - far, far outstripping what I'd expected or hoped for, so my deepest thanks to everybody for reading it, and even more so for letting me know what you thought.

Oh, and tomorrow I've got a very rare opportunity to set the whole day aside for writing, so I'm hoping to get a great deal of work done on the next episode!
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          Thank you very much! I'm very happy you're enjoying it.

In fact, I would like to say to everybody on this thread that the level of support and appreciation I've received for Stargate Ragnarok has been incredible - far, far outstripping what I'd expected or hoped for, so my deepest thanks to everybody for reading it, and even more so for letting me know what you thought.

Oh, and tomorrow I've got a very rare opportunity to set the whole day aside for writing, so I'm hoping to get a great deal of work done on the next episode!
          well given the level of work you put into it, the support is not that surprising. You have looked into a whole part of mythology that not only Stargate missed, but alot of other tv/films have missed. also the fact that you are taking a british look at stargate always helps

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

also the fact that you are taking a british look at stargate always helps
            That reminds me, i thought of a really good scene that would tie Ragnarok really well into the current state of affairs of the UK.

Basically, its the Goverment, and the Prime Minister gets SO sick of EVERYONE having a go at him about the Defense Budget cuts, that he decides to admit that we're not having the Harriers or Aircraft Carriers anymore because they need the money to help fund a top secret military base that is run by the British. On ANOTHER PLANET IN DEEP SPACE!

And that base is the only thing stopping Werewolves invading the Milky Way and ripping us to shreds because the intelligent grey aliens, that were posing as Norse Gods, died out and left that responibility to us.

Thing is, the only way to get to this planet is through a stone ring that generates wormholes to other planets, that is currently being used by the United States Air Force. Who also discovered Atlantis.

Then after the awkward pause, the PM would properly congratulate the latest winner of the X Factor/Strictly Come Dancing, and wish them well ....

Just thinking...cool scenes!

(Btw: it WAS werewolves their fighting, wasn't it Sealurk? )
            [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
              That reminds me, i thought of a really good scene that would tie Ragnarok really well into the current state of affairs of the UK.

Basically, its the Goverment, and the Prime Minister gets SO sick of EVERYONE having a go at him about the Defense Budget cuts, that he decides to admit that we're not having the Harriers or Aircraft Carriers anymore because they need the money to help fund a top secret military base that is run by the British. On ANOTHER PLANET IN DEEP SPACE!

And that base is the only thing stopping Werewolves invading the Milky Way and ripping us to shreds because the intelligent grey aliens, that were posing as Norse Gods, died out and left that responibility to us.

Thing is, the only way to get to this planet is through a stone ring that generates wormholes to other planets, that is currently being used by the United States Air Force. Who also discovered Atlantis.

Then after the awkward pause, the PM would properly congratulate the latest winner of the X Factor/Strictly Come Dancing, and wish them well ....

I can guarantee after it is revelaed, the Daily Mail will run a headling saying; "Space werewolves carry a new type of AID's that lowers house prices"

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Well, when you put it like that it's positively mundane. Makes total sense - can't see why the IOA are so terrified of revealing the existence of the whole thing, or the guys with snakes in their heads who could be anybody who ruled over the galaxy for about ten thousand years, or that vampires are essentially real and very nearly succeeded in turning Earth into the ultimate self-serve restaurant. Or that Lego is actually a malevolent force intent on intergalactic domination.

Yes. Yes it was. The fur, fangs and howling may have been a slight giveaway.

I can guarantee after it is revelaed, the Daily Mail will run a headling saying; "Space werewolves carry a new type of AID's that lowers house prices"
                I look forward to that particular edition of Mock the Week.
                sigpic

Comment

I look forward to that particular edition of Mock the Week.
                  Only if they have; David Mitchell, Ed Byrne and Milton Jones as the guests. And with Frankie boyle back again. Imagine david ranting on about how the Americans hid the stargate, Hugh Dennis impersonating a goa'uld and frankie going on about the various ways he could use the evil space lego to create cities with hydraulic legs and proclaim himslef as leader of "New Atlantis"

(+10 nerd points if you notice the MTW refrences)

Comment

Merry Christmas! Since the festive season is a time of giving, and since we just lost SGU, here's something to (hopefully) cheer you up:

Chapter 1 of Stargate Ragnarok, Episode Four - Baptism of Fire, Part 2
                    is now posted

I'm probably going to be releasing chapters much more slowly for this episode, maybe around one a week, since unusually for me, I'm still working on it - I don't normally post a fic until it's done and dusted but I didn't want to leave it too long between installments, and the opening chapters have been completed for some time.
                    Last edited by Sealurk; 18 December 2010, 03:36 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Forgot to mention in my last post, I'm putting a poll up on my FF.net profile. Nothing huge, just something a little fun that you (might) get a say in!

Oh, and Chapter 2 has been sent to the betas.
                      sigpic

Comment

Brilliant episdoe, really helped get rid of the bordem of waiting for my flight in manchester airport. Looking forward to the next few chapters.

Comment

Yes. Yes it was. The fur, fangs and howling may have been a slight giveaway.
                          Yeah, well with a description like THAT they could be angry space badgers!

Only if they have; David Mitchell, Ed Byrne and Milton Jones as the guests. And with Frankie boyle back again. Imagine david ranting on about how the Americans hid the stargate, Hugh Dennis impersonating a goa'uld and frankie going on about the various ways he could use the evil space lego to create cities with hydraulic legs and proclaim himslef as leader of "New Atlantis"

(+10 nerd points if you notice the MTW refrences)
                          And Michael Mcintyre has been turned into an Ori Prior!

Chapter 1 of Stargate Ragnarok, Episode Four - Baptism of Fire, Part 2
                          is now posted
                          Like it. Like it a lot Really give it a tense atmosphere But the detail is nice, it can get a little bit heavy and slow the pace of the story down. :/

BTW: Evil Space Lego? LOL!
                          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, well with a description like THAT they could be angry space badgers!
                            How did you hack into my notes for Episode 5?

Like it. Like it a lot Really give it a tense atmosphere But the detail is nice, it can get a little bit heavy and slow the pace of the story down. :/
                            Yes, that was one of the things my betas mentioned...I possibly didn't tone it down enough. So I'm to blame, not them - they've both done a stirling job as usual. I'm happy you liked it though.
                            sigpic

Comment

BTW: Evil Space Lego? LOL!
                              do not insult the evil space lego, for their leader frankie boyle will not allow it

Comment

It might be slightly sooner than I'd anticipated, but nevertheless:

Chapter 2 of SGR Episode 4

is now up at FF.net. Hope you like it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X