X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Ragnarok
    Episode 2 "The First Rule"
    Chapter 1

...has just been posted on Fanfiction.net! Here's the link.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5031333/...The_First_Rule

Thanks for being so patient. I will be posting at least one new chapter a day until it's all up. This one is quite a bit longer than the last episode.

Many thanks to Crazy Tom and especially Womble for being Stargate Ragnarok's beta-readers, and for suggesting new ideas.

SGR Pt 3 will be quite some time in coming, I'm afraid, but I'm pretty confident it will happen. I'd love to hear what you think of SGR in general and Part 2 in particular, as well as what you'd like to see happen with SGR.
    Last edited by Sealurk; 01 May 2009, 05:47 AM.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I love how you poke fun at the various mistakes and screw ups of TPTB.

Comment

Chapters 2 and 3 are now up.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        I love how you poke fun at the various mistakes and screw ups of TPTB.
        If I am, it's not deliberate...well, not very deliberate! Could you give me an example?
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
          Chapters 2 and 3 are now up.

If I am, it's not deliberate...well, not very deliberate! Could you give me an example?
          The critique of the SGC's methods in the face of a new, actually *gasp* inteligent enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            The critique of the SGC's methods in the face of a new, actually *gasp* inteligent enemy.
            Well, I thought it was time for a change, and also a bit of role reversal - suddenly the SGC become the huge galactic power being dealt major blows by a relatively small but capable band of enemies. Didn't quite work out like that, but close enough!

----

The final three chapters of Stargate Ragnarok Part 2 are now up. My plan for releasing a chapter a day didn't quite work out...

Just to reiterate, this will be the last SGR story for some time while I concentrate on other things.

However, that doesn't mean this thread has to die though - if you have any thoughts on SGR at all, any criticisms or praise (especially the praise, I like praise...), questions about the characters or even things you'd like to see in the future, go right ahead and post them here.

After all, if there's a big enough response I may get working on SGR 3 just that little bit sooner.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
              Well, I thought it was time for a change, and also a bit of role reversal - suddenly the SGC become the huge galactic power being dealt major blows by a relatively small but capable band of enemies. Didn't quite work out like that, but close enough!
              The irony. I like it.

Comment

i love your fanfic this is very refreshing especially when there is so much creativity (the Asgard myth and the satellites, fantastic!) however i did get lost a few times maybe try and smooth that up a bit but overall this is amazing i haven't read something this good since Avalon! BTW this was only a pilot!?! i thought those were 5 episodes not a single one
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                  i love your fanfic this is very refreshing especially when there is so much creativity (the Asgard myth and the satellites, fantastic!) however i did get lost a few times maybe try and smooth that up a bit but overall this is amazing i haven't read something this good since Avalon! BTW this was only a pilot!?! i thought those were 5 episodes not a single one
                  I'm happy to hear you liked it! Thank you very much for the compliments.

Yep, SGR "Veiled Legacy" was all one episode, although I suppose you could call each chapter an episode and Veiled Legacy the current arc.
                  sigpic

Comment

when are u going to post more episodes? its been awhile.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                      when are u going to post more episodes? its been awhile.
                      I'm afraid the wait will be a lot longer yet. I'm having a number of problems with my life at the moment, hence why I haven't been on Gateworld much recently, so writing is the last thing on my mind.

Besides, what little time I do spend at the keyboard is used to further another project of mine, one I've been working on for years.

I don't even have any concrete ideas for Part 3 yet. Add all of these things together and SGR 3 won't happen for a while.
                      sigpic

Comment

take your time
                        sigpic

Comment

First off, sorry for the long post. Secondly, sorry if anyone thought this was the announcement for Part 3! Nope, that's still quite a way off I'm afraid. However, I can tell you I have no intention of ending the series here, and in fact have a number of ideas, a very vague outline for the story and a list of scenes, lines and events I want to put in the story for part three. Hope you can hang on a bit longer. I might even get it done before 2010 rolls around...

Right now, I'm writing furiously, I'm just not writing Stargate fanfic - which is partly why I've barely been on GateWorld in the last few months. I'm working on an original science fiction novel (okay, maybe a bit ambitious but it's an idea I've had for ages and am really excited about) and I've recently made a heck of a breakthrough. I'm expecting to spend a good few weeks / months churning out as many pages as I can (never thought I'd be grateful to be unemployed), although I suspect I now have enough plot to fill a ten-book saga. I hope you'll understand this is my writing priority at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

The reason I'm posting this, apart from keeping you in the picture and keeping the thread and interest alive, is to ask you all to let me know what you'd like to see in future SGR. Seeing as I'm writing SGR for a relatively small but enthusiastic audience and I'm not going to have much time to work on it (which is a good thing for me), I think you should have at least some say in what happens, not least because the support I've got so far has been very gratifying. It's also a lazy way of getting ideas...wait, did I actually type that?

I'm also considering looking for a co-writer, or even a temporary replacement. I don't want SGR to die - I love the characters, the bad guys, the mythology, the setup, the whole fanfic / virtual series thing and want to keep producing it - but I don't think I'll be able to devote much time to it.

Lastly, I have a poll going on my fanfiction.net profile on the subject of continuing SGR. If none of the ideas listed work for you, let me know in this thread, or PM me.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, you could have the team infiltrate the Fenrir workforce. Perhaps subcutaneously carrying parts of a subspace transceiver, or using an Ancient communication stone or some other such doohickey.

Comment

hey just thought id say, great stroy man, i will keep an eye out for more
                              Captain Simms

Comment

This is just an update to keep you all in the picture. As you've probably guessed from the dearth of activity in this thread, I'm not getting very far with SGR 3.

However, I do now have an idea that I quite like, but I can't see it going up on FF.net before March at the very earliest. Sorry about that, but life is being 'interesting' (largely in a good way), and I have other writing projects that require more immediate attention.

I am still working on Stargate Ragnarok though, and I have no intention of abandoning the series. Also, this is a particularly tricky installment, so hopefully once it's out of the way, the following episodes should be substantially easier to write. Thanks for your patience.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X