No announcement yet.

Stargate: Ragnarok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello folks. I was hoping to deliver the next episode of Stargate Ragnarok to you in time for Christmas, but alas it was not to be. Life has been very complicated, recently dominated by work, which isn't exactly going well.

The good news, however, is that it's nearly done. While this has been without a shadow of a doubt the trickiest, most challenging episode to write yet (by a long shot), it is close to finished.

So, you should all be reading it no later than next Christmas...
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
      Let me put it like this - Tok'ra and System Lords (and Linvris) are philosophically/politically/ideologically distinct factions but are nevertheless the same species - Goa'uld. In the same way, Asgard, Lost Tribe and Vanir are all the same species but ideologically different.
      who's Linvris?
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
        who's Linvris?
        Alternative spelling of Linvers.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          Alternative spelling of Linvers.
          Thanks. You mean an official alternate spelling or an 'unofficial' one lol?
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

You might not believe it, but the first chapter of Stargate Ragnarok Episode 6, "Recall" is now up. My profound apologies for taking so long - 2012 was not a good year for me.

I'll try to post one a day until it's all up, but since I'm starting a new job tomorrow, one that threatens very long shifts and long working weeks, I may not have a lot of spare time. Still, I'll do my best! Anyway, here's the link:

I have recently spent time modifying all prior SGR episodes to give them consistent style, improved punctuation and grammar and to make very minor retcons (one of which will come into effect with the next full episode, SGR 7), and I might start reuploading these slightly improved versions soon.

EDIT: Grr, Fanfiction.net's annoying document manager has messed up the layout of the chapter. Bear with me while I make some adjustments (and give serious thought to abandoning FF.net altogether in favour of something more stable and user friendly).
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Chapter 2 now posted.
              sigpic

Comment

All remaining chapters have now been posted:

Chapter 3
                Chapter 4

Chapter 5
                Chapter 6
                Chapter 7

Stargate Ragnarok Episode 6 "Recall" is now finished. Please leave reviews to let me know what you thought of it. Thanks.
                sigpic

Comment

Another SGR short has just been posted:

Stargate Ragnarok: Occupational Hazards
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello friends (assuming anybody still reads this thread),

Okay, no beating about the bush - I am really sorry to say it but I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of Stargate Ragnarok so as of right now I'm stopping all work on it. I know I've left stuff hanging, and I've got masses of episode ideas waiting, but frankly I have a number of reasons for abandoning it:
                    • It's a metric assload of work that results in me publishing one, maybe two full episodes a year
                    • It now feels like an increasingly hard, punishing slog that I don't enjoy rather than the pleasure to write it used to be
                    • All told I think I have five regular readers... two of whom are my betas. It just feels like a lot of work for little or no reward
                    • Despite numerous attempts I cannot find one or more co-writers

I appreciate you might not appreciate this, but I hope you'll understand where I'm coming from.

To clarify, I am not completely ruling out picking it up again at some point in the future, but honestly, I wouldn't count on that happening. I would need a massive injection of motivation, inspiration and energy for that to happen, and right now what little I have of all those resources is probably better spent writing something that isn't fanfiction.

Thanks for reading,

Sealurk
                    sigpic

Comment

You gotta do what you gotta do. That said, I will miss it, always enjoy reading your fic.

Comment

Working...
                      X