No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the fics that were posted on SJ Always and Forever can be found here.http://www.jackandsamforever.com/
    This site was merged with a different site to create S/J A&F.

You can also find older NC17 stories from this site - http://sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/ if used in with the Wayback Machine.

You can also find stories in the J/S and the J/S NC-17 Yahoo groups. Quite a few people have posted their stories in these groups , but it can be a little time consuming.

If you have a particular author in mind, you can use advanced search, but if you are just browsing, you need to go from last page to first or the story chapters will be out of order. Most of the longer stories were posted on chapter at a time.

But you can find some stories there that you can't find anywhere else.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Some fics written by Kiandra & Ibinder are what I am looking for...the brats link doen't work for me nor the way back machine.
      But thank you for the link to the other Sam/Jack site.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Some fics written by Kiandra & Ibinder are what I am looking for...the brats link doen't work for me nor the way back machine.
        The wayback link for Stargate Brats is here http://wayback.archive.org/web/20050...ate-brats.net/
        sigpic

Comment

If Ibinder is Linda Binder her homepage for her SG-1 fics is http://lbindner.freeshell.org/stargate/
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Probably been rec'd, but here (by Phoenix-cry):

Untouchable

The author seems to have a love of whump (but that's a different discussion), but it was the clever twist in the middle that impressed me.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              The wayback link for Stargate Brats is here http://wayback.archive.org/web/20050...ate-brats.net/
              I shall try that link again but thus far no luck. Thank you
              Originally posted by iiradned View Post
              If Ibinder is Linda Binder her homepage for her SG-1 fics is http://lbindner.freeshell.org/stargate/
              YES!! Thank you!! You're an angel....thank you, thank you, thank you!!
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

YES!! Thank you!! You're an angel....thank you, thank you, thank you!!
                You're welcome!
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Every so often, after I enter the URL that I want on the Wayback Machine, it takes me to the page that shows the years across the top, but the black black bars don't line up with the correct dates. The bars kind of slide off to the right side of the page and if you click one, it takes you right back to the WBM.

If you have a few black vertical bars, that line up with no dates, right click your mouse and reload the page.

Reloading will put the bars back where they should be and will work when you click on them.
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

I shall try that link again but thus far no luck. Thank you
                    It works fine for me. You click on the dates that are coloured blue and this brings you to a page of the website. You'll then have a list on the page of categories like angst, humour, romance etc. Click on the category you want, and it will then bring up a list of stories. All that's left to do is click on the one you want to read. Simple
                    sigpic

Comment

ehm...someone could plz enlighten me about the Wayback Machine?
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        ehm...someone could plz enlighten me about the Wayback Machine?
                        As I understand it, it takes a snapshot of websites and then you can access them - it's like an archive of the internet. I'm not sure who runs it or how, but there are a lot of old sites (like old fanfiction and such) that can be found in the Wayback Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                          As I understand it, it takes a snapshot of websites and then you can access them - it's like an archive of the internet. I'm not sure who runs it or how, but there are a lot of old sites (like old fanfiction and such) that can be found in the Wayback Machine.
                          The only problem I can find with it is, it doesn't take a snapshot of every page from every site.

So, if you want to find a specific fanfic on a particular site, there is no guarantee that fanfic will be there because it may have been skipped over during the indexing.

Also, not every site can be searched like you would be able to normally. And site owners can also opt out of having their site indexed on the WBM.

It's really a hit and miss type of thing. For example, if you want to search for a particular author, you can use the original site's author search function, but it might come up as saying there is no snapshot of that page. But if you do a member search the author's name will show up there because the member page was indexed.

I find you are better off just browsing through the different dates. You'll be surprised what you can find.
                          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

I'm confused with the wayback machine or whatever it is...I've tried several times to use it but it just doesn't do anything for me...reloading and everything has failed to bring results. Though I ma happy to have been able to get the Threads series by lbinder from the other site that was linked the other day...just wish I could find Kiandra's stuff.
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              The bulk of the new additions are Gen Varel uploading her M rated fics formerly hosted on Always & Forever.
                              Yes, and I am enjoying them and some are new to me. Is anything wrong with Heliopolis? Couldn't access it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                                Yes, and I am enjoying them and some are new to me. Is anything wrong with Heliopolis? Couldn't access it tonight.
                                Yep...something is wrong with it...damn...it's a conspiracy.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X