• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    *Waves hi*
    E-address is snipped.
    *waves back* Thank you!

Comment

You're welcome Liz!

It shouldn't take long before you get past Probie Status (View thread).

In the meantime,Happy Posting !

( Posts in OT Chatter don't add to our post tallies,just so you know, but there's a lot of fun in the threads there,especially "Welcome New Members", and there's a "Lounge" thread for SJ Shippers* too.)

*Edit : Aha.Found it : Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Not for nothing, but I learned a little something today about my fic library that's stored on dropbox - I can share a link to it with anyone who would like it. So, anything I have saved is accessible to others. If you'd like to be able to see my stored fics (and the crazy organization system that comes along with it), PM me your email address and I'll share it with you. A lot of the fics are older and not available online anymore (but because the sites they were on are down rather than the author taking them offline), but others are still out there and readily available. They are, however, organized by author as well as genre (because I'm a nut-job, type A) if you're interested in reading fics of certain categories.

ETA: There's also this spreadsheet (I've just started) with links to things I really enjoy (or want to be able to find because it's strange enough someone else might be looking for it) with keywords associated. As time goes on it'll be more populated (if my spreadsheets for other fandoms are anything to go by...).
        Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 01 August 2012, 09:10 AM.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
          ETA: There's also this spreadsheet (I've just started) with links to things I really enjoy (or want to be able to find because it's strange enough someone else might be looking for it) with keywords associated. As time goes on it'll be more populated (if my spreadsheets for other fandoms are anything to go by...).
          Wouldn't it be easier to add a 'genre' section, where you can add 'smut' and other genres instead of adding it to keywords. Same for ratings, in case you're only looking for a specific rating. But it's your spreadsheet of course! I just tend to over-organize, I guess.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I could, but things get sorted into several genres sometimes (and this type of spreadsheet doesn't have near the options my excel docs do). Over the course of time I've pared it down to what it is now. I don't usually worry about the rating, either becuse I tend to read things all over the map. Then again, I've never shared the spreadsheet either, so if people keep requesting certain columns, I suppose I could always add them. I don't want too many, though, because then filling it out starts to feel like work and I'm a lot less likely to do it. Spreadsheets only work if you populate them.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Hi Liz86000 and welcome!

I see that you've mentioned your email address here and while I understand your reasoning, I would suggest you post a bit more in other (non-off topic) threads to get over your probie status otherwise you won't be able to edit your posts!
              Thank you for the welcome! And btw, I love LOVE your avatar, with Sam & Jack at their wedding. It has always been a favourite picture of mine.

Comment

Okay, umm... So for the past couple months I've been trying to not read Rachel500's Aftershocks series, mostly because it's a gazillion chapters and a ginormous word count I knew I wouldn't be able to just read one chapter at a time, and I had to get my own writing done...

Turns out, I was right to do so. I started this morning and I'm hooked. Thought about nothing else the entire day while I was at work. Curses!!

And I was doing so well on my own fic too! *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                  Okay, umm... So for the past couple months I've been trying to not read Rachel500's Aftershocks series, mostly because it's a gazillion chapters and a ginormous word count I knew I wouldn't be able to just read one chapter at a time, and I had to get my own writing done...

Turns out, I was right to do so. I started this morning and I'm hooked. Thought about nothing else the entire day while I was at work. Curses!!

And I was doing so well on my own fic too! *sigh*
                  Her Aftershocks are well written (like most of her stuff), but they're too gen for me LOL. I stopped reading because when I read fic I generally want something more overt, but she's trying to stay in canon and bridge gaps.

Speaking of which...

Isn't there a Campfires due soon? Pol O.O

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                    Not for nothing, but I learned a little something today about my fic library that's stored on dropbox - I can share a link to it with anyone who would like it. So, anything I have saved is accessible to others. If you'd like to be able to see my stored fics (and the crazy organization system that comes along with it), PM me your email address and I'll share it with you. A lot of the fics are older and not available online anymore (but because the sites they were on are down rather than the author taking them offline), but others are still out there and readily available. They are, however, organized by author as well as genre (because I'm a nut-job, type A) if you're interested in reading fics of certain categories.
                    I would love a link
                    "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Liz86000 View Post
                      Hello everyone! I'm Liz, and I'm new here.

I was wondering if you could help me please. I'm looking for two great fics, which were on the samandjackforever site, but since it has closed, I can't find them anywhere!

One was about Sam being hurt and in a coma for a while, and it was called "breakable" by Soleya. I did find it on fanfiction.net, but it was not the complete, mature version. I looked on the samandjack.net site, and on the sg1-heliopolis.com site, and I couldn't find it.

Another one was when Jack was infected by a virus, and Sam wanting to help him. It was called "Above and Beyond" by JenCamp, at least I think it's the right fic...

Can someone help me please?

Liz
                      I could almost swear I read recently this, but I can't remember where! Maybe it was heliopolis??? Have you tried there? I just checked samandjack.net, but she wasn't there.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                        I could almost swear I read recently this, but I can't remember where! Maybe it was heliopolis??? Have you tried there? I just checked samandjack.net, but she wasn't there.
                        I have Jen Camp's "Above and Beyond" saved on my computer. If anyone wants a copy, please PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. I've already sent it to several other people recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                          Speaking of which...

Isn't there a Campfires due soon? Pol O.O
                          A girl after my own heart...

*kerf, kerf* Yeah, Pol. Summer's a bummer without a campfire and s'mores!
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Okay guys, I am looking for a fic. It involves a puddle jumper, Sam and Jack (which is a given lol), and it is set season 8 after the event of 'Its good to be king'.

In this fic, after they blow up the ship, they crash into some kind of huge hole on the planet and get wedged and hurt.... and then they have some survivalist thing happen, and if im not mistaken, there are some kind of creatures/dinosaurs/somethings on the planet in their vicinity...

Anyone? :s
                            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Oh yes, I think I've read that one. Have no idea what the title or author is, unfortunately. Wasn't that also the one where they had to blow up the 'window' to get out? I never really bought that part
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                Oh yes, I think I've read that one. Have no idea what the title or author is, unfortunately. Wasn't that also the one where they had to blow up the 'window' to get out? I never really bought that part
                                Haha yeah that was the one, not sure I buy that either seeing as its a space worthy ship that can take enemy fire. I was thinking about it today because I watched 'It's good to be King' and I remembered it and felt like reading it. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X