Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    I'm the same, unless a fic really impressed me. Otherwise, I simply forget titles and then I read the summary (or sometimes just the first paragraph) and I realize I've already read it!

But I have a hard time picking anything as a favorite, because I'm very picky. I only have two at FFnet now although I've enjoyed other fics, some more (often) than others.
    Aw Fems we really do have a lot in common, I'm exactly the same, I think it takes a lot to impress me with fics. I only have like 3 that I've favourited, although there are a couple that I'm reading at the moment that I'm really enjoying. Maybe they'll make the list. Just maybe
    Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

I have over a hundred fics faved with over a hundred more save to my computer. (Though a hundred more were lost when Always & Forever lapsed.)

I have that many because I enjoyed them and saves me a lot of head scratching if I want to read something again.

There are some ship fics that turn me off them. One writer of exclusively S/J fics lost me as a reader because her bio for Sam kept throwing me off.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        Salmonczar.net is gone, too. Don't know if it's temporary or permanent.

Seaboe
        If the Wayback Machine works for you, most of her stories can still be accessed there.
        http://web.archive.org/web/200807041...index.html#sg1

If it doesn't work, her name is Alli Snow and you can find most of her stories at Samandjack.net
        http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewuser.php?uid=60

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Huh. I left the screen up last night and when I hit refresh just now, it disappeared.

I had posted a link to my archived fic bundles.
        If I'm looking for an old fic, Pol's bundles are the first place I look. You might have to poke around a bit, but it's worth it.

"Pol's Bundles" sounds like a weird skin disease.
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Actually, CDM, I download the stories I like, so I was just posting about Salmonczar to inform others who don't.

Good idea to mention alternate access though.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Homemade_Construction by a. loquita
            Five times SG-1 celebrated Valentine's Day.

It is now Valentine's Day where I am.

Comment

Not a Valentine's story, but cute, goofy, sweet, post-Threads story:

Shoes, Cold Showers & Calisthenics

Comment

A Valentine's fic
                A Valentines Wish by Rachel500
                Five Valentines Sam received from Jack.

Comment

I'm trying to remember a fic set pre-COTG where Jack and Sam meet and start a relationship.

The thing I remember most is that Sam and a male AF officer flatmate and one night he walked in on her in the bathtub and she asked if he wanted money for the rent or sex. No sex happens but they did get in the same bed to just to sleep after Sam talked about what was happening with her and Jack.

And later, the flatmate helps Sam and Jack get together.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                    I'm trying to remember a fic set pre-COTG where Jack and Sam meet and start a relationship.

The thing I remember most is that Sam and a male AF officer flatmate and one night he walked in on her in the bathtub and she asked if he wanted money for the rent or sex. No sex happens but they did get in the same bed to just to sleep after Sam talked about what was happening with her and Jack.

And later, the flatmate helps Sam and Jack get together.
                    I remember that one, but I don't know the title. I think I first read it on Always&Forever; have you checked samandjack.net and helio? The apartment actually belonged to a friend (of the Academy?) of Sam's, who was moving out and the guy (I think his name was Andrew and he was a psych undergrad or something) was going to be her flatmate. On one of the first days he walked in on her and she asked if he wanted money or sex for the rent (not money for the sex!). She got into bed with him, despite him wanting money, and after a bit of coaxing from him she opened up about her and Jack.

I think he later on contacted Jack and then met him when he accompanied Sam to a house she was looking to buy (and so was Jack) in the Springs.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

It’s Party Time!

by XFChemist

Please join us on the Valenship Thread for the next 24 hours and celebrate the love!

Comment

So many good fics to read now... So little time. I thought Sundays were supposed to be the day of rest? I don't know how I got so busy. Now I have no time to read the lovely fics from Valenship *pouts*
                        Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

For those of you who were waiting, Strangers on a Train is now complete.

Comment

Here's a little bit of a fic I wrote between yesterday and today. I blame hlndncr. If it sucks, well... it's the effort that counts. So, here's an honorary Valenship fic-- belated, if you will.

Here it is:

Sleeping Beauty
                            Summary: Once upon a time, beneath a faraway mountain, there lay a Major in need of her Colonel. An AU of Divide and Conquer. One-shot.
                            Rating: K+

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
                              For those of you who were waiting, Strangers on a Train is now complete.
                              Hah, yeah. Forgot to spread the word beyond the Valenship thread. Thanks wurlitzer153! You got me covered!

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help in finding a fic I read sometime ago. It involved a team night out in a bar, where Jack and Sam were flirting and getting on well until Pete shows up. They end up kissing outside and Sam realises she needs to end things with Pete.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X