Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Jack/Sam Fic Recs

    Having not too long ago gotten into reading fic for the show, I've found it really daunting to try and find stuff that I actually want to read.

    Does anyone have any recs for some well written and characterized stories that involve Sam, Jack and their 'relationship'?

    Thanks!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

    #2
    Some of my favorite S/J authors are

    janissima
    AstraPerAspera
    Rachel500
    JenniferJF
    Annerb
    RuthMK
    JenCamp

    If you need more let me know.
    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      Gen Varel's fics and Tribal Matriarch's never disappoint,
      Ziva's and Telkena's if you're looking for smut...
      But this is one of the angsties stories if ever read Power of Love
      And a cute one to make up for that Canine Perspective

      Comment


        #4
        i will say about telkena's, observe the warnings please. Some of her fic has some kinks in it that might not appeal to some
        Where in the World is George Hammond?


        sigpic

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks for all the recs! I'll get through them eventually!

          I'll add one of my own that I was given not too long ago - for anyone else coming in. Sally Reeve. http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/stargateindex.html. Lots of great stuff there as well.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            Thanks for all the recs! I'll get through them eventually!

            I'll add one of my own that I was given not too long ago - for anyone else coming in. Sally Reeve. http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/stargateindex.html. Lots of great stuff there as well.
            I will second that rec! Sally Reeve is by far my favorite Sam/Jack writer. (She also wrote the Fandemonium novels A Matter of Honor and The Cost of Honor, so she's definetely very talented.)

            I highly recommend her series called "Crossing the Line". ~Jess
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

            Comment


              #7
              I love Fan Fiction... I read at least one story per day...

              Im going to start with stuff on fanfiction.net:

              To Save a Life and its sequel Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

              Christmas Promises.

              One Carter two Jacks (This is a tag to season 7's frgile balance.... beware of spoilers)

              Blue Eyes (tag to momento mori... spoilers)

              Cauterized People (this is a slightly more adult story... if you dont like those kind of stories, please dont read this)

              My Brothers Children

              Marshmallows Graham Crackers and Beer

              Kiss Interrupted

              Flowers Remembered (this is a tag Line in The Sand... spoilers)

              The InLaws(tag to threads... spoilers)

              String Theory An AU Series

              Sets of Two (tag to fragile balance (again))

              Dont Cha

              Colours Of Love

              Christmas with Jacks family

              And anything written by MotatoPotato is worth a read.

              Hope this helps...

              Thankyou to Jann who made my signature

              Comment


                #8
                Ohh, thanks for the recs. I'll definitely be checking them out. I'm not done yet with the others that have been rec'ed! I'm slow, what can I say!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Reading the above list of stories, one immediately popped into my head because of the reference to Jack's family. The following is a really great Sam family story (with Jack included):

                  http://fanfiction.net/s/2192025/1/Bl..._on_the_Tinsel

                  I have a bunch more, and will see what others I can find that not have been mentioned here.

                  And I'm not trying to offend anyone with this comment, but do read the warnings about Telkena's stories, and take them seriously. Some of the warnings aren't quite severe enough. Not saying don't read them, just saying pay attention to the warnings.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'll second and third that warning.

                    I read the first chapter (I'm at work so can't read more right now) of the Christmas fic and laughed out loud at the first paragraph. Can't wait to read the rest!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      I'll second and third that warning.

                      I read the first chapter (I'm at work so can't read more right now) of the Christmas fic and laughed out loud at the first paragraph. Can't wait to read the rest!
                      If you are referring to the "Blame it on the Tinsel", that's one of my all-time favorite J/S stories.

                      And to add a few stories to the list:

                      www.fanfiction.net/s/2153438/1/ - A Mother's Love
                      www.fanfiction.net/s/2356040/1/ - A Father's Determination
                      www.fanfiction.net/s/2552776/1/ - Compromising Positions: A Sticky Situation
                      www.fanfiction.net/s/3333752/1/ - Doppelganger and Terms of Endearment


                      More to follow - eventually.
                      Last edited by hedwig; September 19, 2008, 09:50 AM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        If you are referring to the "Blame it on the Tinsel", that's one of my all-time favorite J/S stories.
                        Yeah, that's the one I'm referring to. I've only gotten through the first chapter. pesky work. Feh.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          This is only slightly off topic.

                          Does anyone know who owns the Sam and Jack Directory?

                          I ask because I wonder how long the site will stay up. It's been in "silent running" mode for the last three years, but there is no way to contact anyone on the site. Meanwhile the alternate contact--the yahoo "Sam and Jack List" no longer has any active moderators.

                          Jez--who wrote S/J stories a while back--and who recently left as moderator of the list; that means that there are no active overseers. The other two listed as moderators both have emails that bounce.

                          If no one is minding the store, who is paying to keep the SJD up on the net?

                          It may soon be one of those sites that disappears into the ether, so you might want to make sure you have copies of the stories you want to read again.

                          Bucky

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Bucky View Post
                            This is only slightly off topic.

                            Does anyone know who owns the Sam and Jack Directory?

                            I ask because I wonder how long the site will stay up. It's been in "silent running" mode for the last three years, but there is no way to contact anyone on the site. Meanwhile the alternate contact--the yahoo "Sam and Jack List" no longer has any active moderators.

                            Jez--who wrote S/J stories a while back--and who recently left as moderator of the list; that means that there are no active overseers. The other two listed as moderators both have emails that bounce.

                            If no one is minding the store, who is paying to keep the SJD up on the net?

                            It may soon be one of those sites that disappears into the ether, so you might want to make sure you have copies of the stories you want to read again.

                            Bucky

                            Thanks for the information on SJD. I've saved a lot of stories from there, but was just going through the list and realized there are so many more that I don't recall reading and would like to. I'm going to have to make a DVD just to save all the stories to from there.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              It's a shame that people don't pass sites like SJD on. Another example would be the Stargate Novel Archive. You get no reply from there either. I was working on a replacement more automated type thing, but realised the task was massive, and I'd probably never be able to get all those stories, plus all the other novel length fics out there, into the same place.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X