• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so too

Lookee what JW just sent me..........

*tries to subdue those warm thoughts*

Comment

I think that shirt wood look much better on him in purple........

Last edited by Jumble; 27 January 2014, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
        Luckily the snow has stopped and the sun is out Hoping it stays that way!

Oooh pretty sunshine on a snowy day.

But still treacherous so still stay safe.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        I hope so too

Lookee what JW just sent me..........

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...W.jpg~original

*tries to subdue those warm thoughts*

Oh so so pretty. Good job JW

I think that shirt wood look much better on him in purple........

I cannot disagree at all.

Sorry I know I've been quiet. Very busy few days. I drove over 700 miles between Wednesday and Sunday, with the biggest part of it on Friday evening in all that horrible rain. Absolutely shattered now and playing catch up on the washing and ironing (I'm almost there) and trying to get the house sorted for two three great things happening in the next week. Thing 1 is the arrival of my new mattress, thing 2 is the fitting of my new boiler (next week) and thing 3 is Benjabubs 7th birthday. How did my little baby get to be so big? I have a cake to somehow make. I have no clue what to make this year at all and will basically have Friday to make it (his birthday is on Saturday). Nope, not panicking at all.

*positive squishy warm vibes for Nad's mum*
        sigpic

Comment

Lovely work, as always, JW!

I purple!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Sorry I know I've been quiet. Very busy few days. I drove over 700 miles between Wednesday and Sunday, with the biggest part of it on Friday evening in all that horrible rain. Absolutely shattered now and playing catch up on the washing and ironing (I'm almost there) and trying to get the house sorted for two three great things happening in the next week. Thing 1 is the arrival of my new mattress, thing 2 is the fitting of my new boiler (next week) and thing 3 is Benjabubs 7th birthday. How did my little baby get to be so big? I have a cake to somehow make. I have no clue what to make this year at all and will basically have Friday to make it (his birthday is on Saturday). Nope, not panicking at all.

*positive squishy warm vibes for Nad's mum*
          Ah, the panic of a birthday cake! I know it well. I have been making my kids' bday cakes for the last several years...not sure what 7 year old boys are into (mine is only 4 ). Good Luck!

Here's what we did this year for my son...
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

----------
          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Is it me, or does that awful journey get longer every time you tell it? I'm sure it was 600+ miles before

I bet if you google 'birthday cake' >images you'll find lots of inspiration

My current recurring dream involves Martin in a purple shirt........

Comment

Awesome cakes IDK! I'm thinking maybe a lego cake. Having the time to make it is another thing.

Is it me, or does that awful journey get longer every time you tell it? I'm sure it was 600+ miles before
              Yeah, it does get longer.

Actually it was...
              Thurs: Home -> Halton Stadium 203 miles -> hotel 2 miles
              Fri: Hotel -> Halton Stadium 2 miles -> Home 203 miles -> Camber via M20 (because I wasn't risking the twisty A roads in the dark and rain after an already 4 hour journey in the same for the sake of saving 14 miles and zero time)
              Sat: chilling the heck out... oh although we did drive to a nice cafe about 15 miles away and have a humungous no-need-to-eat-again-that-day cooked breakfast, and then stopped in Rye to poke around the antique junk shops.
              Sun: Camber -> Home 89 miles

Which is around 630+ miles. But I went to Camber and back on the Wednesday which was a 178 mile round trip so in all I did around 790...ish miles over the 5 days. I don't think I've ever driven that much in that short an amount of time before. I have to admit, I'm very grateful for having a car that's built for distance driving.

... my fuel light came on today.

I bet if you google 'birthday cake' >images you'll find lots of inspiration
              Oh great thinking... doh me! I had in mind a sort of lego minifigure cake (because Benjabub's is a bit obsessed with his minifigures) but was despairing on how I could possibly make that (hence out of ideas) but actually, there's a lot of lego brick style cakes which are a lot easier to make, so I think that's the way to go.

My current recurring dream involves Martin in a purple shirt........
              For some reason the song Purple Rain just entered my head. Now I am singing "purple shirt, purple shirt" to the tune of it and I can't get it out of my head.
              sigpic

Comment

You could always make a Lego cake and stick a few of his minifigures on it

Now I've got that song in my head too

If you're lurking Martin, @Chevron>purple shirt
                Last edited by Jumble; 28 January 2014, 03:28 AM.

Comment

One day to go......

Cheery-up pic.....

Comment

It's frickin' freezing Mr. Bigglesworth! Woke up and the furnace was blowing cool air instead of warm (we think there is a miscommunication between the thermostat and the furnace) so I switched it off then on again and if finally started warming things up. You wouldn't think that 68 would feel that cold, but when the temp outside is -6F, brr. I promise to stop complaining about the cold as soon as its not cold anymore I really do love winter but this country girl is turning into a Popsicle.

Suck it up, Sara! Suck it up!

Alright, alright, geez Martin.
                    Last edited by IamDKScully; 28 January 2014, 09:54 AM. Reason: Classic case of wrong link-itis
                    sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Have new Woohoos already chosen a nickname?
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                        It's frickin' freezing Mr. Bigglesworth! Woke up and the furnace was blowing cool air instead of warm (we think there is a miscommunication between the thermostat and the furnace) so I switched it off then on again and if finally started warming things up. You wouldn't think that 68 would feel that cold, but when the temp outside is -6F, brr. I promise to stop complaining about the cold as soon as its not cold anymore I really do love winter but this country girl is turning into a Popsicle.
                        You should compare notes with Cags - she knows all there is to know about dodgy boilers

You need to post that pic as a thumbnail or reduce the kb size

Edit: Thanks
                        Last edited by Jumble; 28 January 2014, 09:57 AM.

Comment

You could always make a Lego cake and stick a few of his minifigures on it
                          Brilliant idea!

If you're lurking Martin, @Chevron>purple shirt

Ditto!

You should compare notes with Cags - she knows all there is to know about dodgy boilers
                          Oh yeah. The only thing I know is mine is going to be history next week and my new one may save me up to £300 a year in bills... oh and means I can have my steam cabinet shower fitted at last! I may end up with no heat/hot water for one night but I can live with that for... steam cabinet!

IDK, hope you manage to get yours sorted soon.

Good luck tomorrow Jumble. I hope you have a nice sleep and plenty of pain relief. Please try and find a way to let us know how you get on. *sends positive vibes*

*sends positive vibes to Nad's mum too*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Brilliant idea!
                            Oh, I'm full of those! Remind me to show you my photo album of Cakes That I Have Made

Ditto!

Oh yeah. The only thing I know is mine is going to be history next week and my new one may save me up to £300 a year in bills... oh and means I can have my steam cabinet shower fitted at last! I may end up with no heat/hot water for one night but I can live with that for... steam cabinet!
                            Yay! I've just had my direct debit reduced from £98 to £72 - so just by making a few little changes I've saved myself over £300 a year

Good luck tomorrow Jumble. I hope you have a nice sleep and plenty of pain relief. Please try and find a way to let us know how you get on. *sends positive vibes*
                            Thanks Don't worry, I'll get a message out somehow - probably via text to one of you

*sends positive vibes to Nad's mum too*
                            Goes double for me

Comment

Running in to say good luck Jumble!
                              Hope all will go well and I'll be sending good vibes all day

Thanks for the mom hugs!

Update with medical stuff, so never mind any weird looking words I didn't translate properly :

Don't have much solid info yet. She had another chest x-ray, another biopsy, a bunch of tests and oh yes, she also has a lump in her breast. We went or results today, but it came down to that they don't know where the cancer originated yet, so she'll need another scan with contrast fluid. We're also awaiting the results of the mammography and the biopsy, so next week will be even more meh. I do feel what people mean when they say that the first few weeks are crazy. Everything is happening fast and it all feels weird.

And thanks for getting Purple Rain stuck in my head as well.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks Nad But you should concentrate all your good vibes on Mom, sounds like she needs them far more than I do

I know it must feel like she's really being put through the mill with all these scans and tests, but really it's good because it means the doctors are checking everything thoroughly before giving you a finite diagnosis. And don't forget what I told you - positive thinking can do so much to help the body. I had a bit of a wobble the other day, really got myself scared and worried, but I had a little word with myself and now I'm sure that this time tomorrow I will be awake and on my feet - for definite!

Comment

Working...
                                X