Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes Nola!
    *hugs*

We need WooHoos and WooHoo plus ones to be healthy.
    This thread is going very slow.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nola - your BP is going all over the place. Fortunately mine is under control (with meds of course). It took them a while to figure out I needed a calcium blocker rather then the normal one used my most. But if it works..... So here's hoping they get yours going properly as well. It can really wear you down. Does your kidney problem affect you BP? And "stage III chronic kidney desease. Does that mean someday you will need a transplant? It's been a while but I knew someone who had one and it outlasted him. Hopefully you can go a long time without that concern.

And it looks like my pain (other then my knees) might have gotten itself under control as well. Fingers crossed (at least on the left hand) it will stay that way. No pains in 2 1/2 days now. That is good. Now I need my hand to finish healing (almost to what it's new normal is now). It will never be as good as the left one since the fingers can't bend as much, but as long as it functions at about 80 to 85% I can be happy with that. Hell, I wish I functioned at 85% of what I use to.

The knees, they aren't "bad" enough yet to be replaced. Might have to wait at least another year or longer. As long as they are done by around 73 or 74 (years of age) then I can get it done. If you get too old they say you are too old and it can't be done. I am aware of that trick and won't let them get away with that. Hell I decided at 80 I am going to take up skate boarding.

So now we need to get the rest of WooHoos back in "physical" order and back happy again - I'm still working on that last one myself. But I might be showing up a little more now. I can at least sit at my desk again for a period of time without any issues. We really do need some healthier WooHoos!
      Last edited by llp; 05 June 2014, 09:37 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Hugs to llp and Nola. Hope you both get your issues sorted out soon.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hugs, hugs and more hugs cuz I have had a sh**ty week and it will make me feel better to make you all feel better That and the wine and cake, yes...the wine and cake...excellent (drumming my fingers together and using my best Burns voice).
          sigpic

----------
          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I have one more half day of work tomorrow and then SUMMER! (Okay, I have to go in one day next week for graduation rehearsal and ceremony, but I always do that) I gave my last exams today Actually had only ONE senior to fail...and he's failed every grading period, so it was no shock. I've never had this good of a batch of kids over all. I will miss them. One girl gave me a piece of her art today with a note about how much of a blast I am to have as a teacher - very sweet. I cleaned up my room because the administrators will be working out there this summer as the main building is having air conditioning work done. My room is particularly convenient as it is directly across from the work room (with the refrigerator and copier) and it's also the shortest walk to the restrooms. So of course, it WILL be used. Right now the Academic Dean is scheduled to use it some of the time, but the Vice Principal today mentioned to me that SHE might just take it after I pointed out those two things to her. Also, I have the largest desk of anyone out in the portable classrooms. It belonged to the principal of our magnet school, and when he got a new one for his new office, I inherited the old one So, it's a full size L-shaped desk made of real wood. Unlike a lot of the cheap little mostly metal desks that most teachers have.
            sigpic

Comment

Where is everybody? More than 24 hours have passed without a post! Are you guys okay?
              sigpic

Comment

It is oddly quiet. Everyone seems to have either been crazy busy or have had a sucky time of it of late We need something to cheer us all up!
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Sort of here.
                  I'm being the creepy offline lurker.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I'm here, just don't have much to say.

So..........

Comment

Picspam is always a good thing

and just because

sigpic

Comment

No one has anything to say anymore...
                        Does this mean we should break up?
                        I bet it wood make one heck of a party. The WooHoo break-up party where we could honour and remember our massive history and WooHoos of the past.

sigpic

Comment

Normally one only parties following a break-up if it's one of those ones where you can't wait to be shot of the other person. But we woohoos have never been conventional

Not that we should break up though. Never let it be said. We're just going through a quiet phase We can't be full-on bouncy loud awesome ALL the time. It's exhausting Besides, it's too sunny to be indoors on the thread. Says she, indoors on the thread

Nice picspam, Jumble! Good to see Martin - I was almost missing the guy
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Sorry - I'm also going through a quiet stage although I have added lurking into that now, so maybe soon......

One thing - I'll be going to visit my sister=in-law and my nephew and his family in 2 weeks and then off to the Science/Science Fiction Expo in Oakland afterwards. Helps they are both in the same area. AT will be there along with a select group of other people oh and someone by the name of Mr. Momoa. Wasn't getting pictures taken this time, but couldn't resist being squeezed between Jason and Amanda for just one!

Wish is was some other time other then summer - always soooo hot down in Calif. But I will survive (and melt a little) so.....

See now you have a new posting.
                            sigpic

Comment

Bloody. Football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                Bloody. Football.
                                Yeah the cup just started and I'm already sick of it.
                                sigpic
                                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                                X