X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    *waves to Jann* We miss your straight-laced innocence around here
    Yes, my innocence...It'll come back ...soon-ish

I still haven't seen the hobbit though! Is it such a good movie? I've only seen LotR once...so I don't remember a lot of that(if any)

I've just turned down a contract worth £500 per month
    Earning you 500 or do you have to pay that?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      Yes, my innocence...It'll come back ...soon-ish

I still haven't seen the hobbit though! Is it such a good movie? I've only seen LotR once...so I don't remember a lot of that(if any)
      It's Awesome! Especially in HD 3D - go see it!

Earning you 500 or do you have to pay that?
      Earning it.

Check your pm's

Comment

It's Awesome! Especially in HD 3D - go see it!
        If I have time...and find someone to go with me one of these days! Otherwise I'll wait till it's on dvd/blu-ray!

Earning it.
        So why did you say no? 500 is a good amount!

Check your pm's
        did it...will try to make something before the 17th! I still have*checks* three days!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          If I have time...and find someone to go with me one of these days! Otherwise I'll wait till it's on dvd/blu-ray!
          I'll be buying the dvd as soon as it comes out - it's one of those films that you want to watch more than once. I wanted to go straight back and watch it again

So why did you say no? 500 is a good amount!
          I won't look after the child of a man who has no respect for me or my profession - talking down to me is a definite nono! I'm pretty sure I wood have had trouble with him somewhere along the line, and I'm not prepared to put a child in the middle of what could very easily become a difficult situation

did it...will try to make something before the 17th! I still have*checks* three days!
          Thank you

Comment

Hmmm! Mutter mutter! I have to cover everything is plastic before I come on this site now!
            ICKY ICKY ICKY!

Ohhh! No one is here.

Puts on a pair of roller skates and skates on through the site! Waving the entire way!
            sigpic

Comment

*wanders through with mop*

Good for you, Jumble
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Woohoo... 3800 pag...

Hmm, wait? Do we celebrate the 00 pages here?

Oh well...we do now!

Woohooo 3800 pages.
                sigpic

Comment

You're absolutely right Jumble to have said no. How I wish I could reject some students because of their parent's attitudes! And it rubs off on the children eventually too!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll be buying the dvd as soon as it comes out - it's one of those films that you want to watch more than once. I wanted to go straight back and watch it again
                    Haven't seen it yet. Desperate to but finding the time is difficult.

I won't look after the child of a man who has no respect for me or my profession - talking down to me is a definite nono! I'm pretty sure I wood have had trouble with him somewhere along the line, and I'm not prepared to put a child in the middle of what could very easily become a difficult situation
                    Good for you and don't blame you. Cheeky mare! Getting indignant just thinking about anyone not giving due respect.
                    Was it the one you were having misgivings about before or someone different?
                    It's a lot of money but, hey, plenty of fish. Or, in your case, children. They haven't found a way to stop mankind making babies yet so there'll be work out there for you somewhere.

*tries to keep out of rollerskating Laurie's way*
                    Last edited by Cagranosalis; 14 January 2013, 11:32 AM. Reason: That flipping typo fairy's been a right moobag today
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      You're absolutely right Jumble to have said no. How I wish I could reject some students because of their parent's attitudes! And it rubs off on the children eventually too!
                      Exactly! I don't need to store up that kind of trouble for myself

Cags, we celebrate '69 pages But by all means, go celebrate the hundreds as well if that's what you want to do

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        Haven't seen it yet. Desperate to but finding the time is difficult.
                        It's really worth making the effort - get yourself a babysitter and I'll come and see it with you

Good for you and don't blame you. Cheeky mare! Getting indignant just thinking about anyone not giving due respect.
                        Was it the one you were having misgivings about before or someone different?
                        It's a lot of money but, hey, plenty of fish. Or, in your case, children. They haven't found a way to stop mankind making babies yet so there'll be work out there for you somewhere.
                        No, this was a different one. My gut feeling when I met the mum and child was that it wasn't quite right, then I got emails from the dad trying to get me to reduce the fee I'd quoted. He seemed to think that coming over as a snotty git wood persuade me to drop over £100 pm off the bill He also gave me a totally different reason for wanting to leave their current childminder than his wife did - very loud alarm bells started ringing then

So I've wasted an afternoon and several emails for nothing, but at least I now know my gut feeling was correct

Comment

It's really worth making the effort - get yourself a babysitter and I'll come and see it with you
                          I did want to take Ben but the idea of him sitting through 3 hours... hmm, don't think so. I may ask Anne if she'll sit. I am sure she'd love to.

No, this was a different one. My gut feeling when I met the mum and child was that it wasn't quite right, then I got emails from the dad trying to get me to reduce the fee I'd quoted. He seemed to think that coming over as a snotty git wood persuade me to drop over £100 pm off the bill He also gave me a totally different reason for wanting to leave their current childminder than his wife did - very loud alarm bells started ringing then

So I've wasted an afternoon and several emails for nothing, but at least I now know my gut feeling was correct
                          Go with the gut. Sorry it wasted your time but, on the other hand, it's worthwhile because it leaves you free to let the right family find you.
                          sigpic

Comment

I did want to take Ben but the idea of him sitting through 3 hours... hmm, don't think so. I may ask Anne if she'll sit. I am sure she'd love to.
                            I'm not sure that it's really suitable for him

Go with the gut. Sorry it wasted your time but, on the other hand, it's worthwhile because it leaves you free to let the right family find you.
                            To be honest, I'm quite glad I got those emails from him, because if I hadn't I might well have ignored my gut only to find out later that it was a mistake

I've just had another email from someone having twins any minute - she's been in touch before but it hasn't been possible for us to meet for various reasons, and now that she's near term we've decided to wait until around March.

Btw, according to GoogleMaps it'll take another six weeks before I'm actually on there

Comment

What? 6 weeks? How come so long? Uh, ridiculous.

I had a feeling it might not be suitable for Ben but did want him to see it. Maybe when he's a little older then.

I best get back to this vidding project. It's being a bit of a pain this one.
                              sigpic

Comment

What? 6 weeks? How come so long? Uh, ridiculous.
                                It takes them up to 2 weeks to send a postcard with a code number on it, you enter the code, then you get a message saying it can take up to 6 weeks for it to be processed

I had a feeling it might not be suitable for Ben but did want him to see it. Maybe when he's a little older then.
                                You'll be able to judge once you see it, but I think it was a bit too violent for a 6yr old.

I best get back to this vidding project. It's being a bit of a pain this one.
                                Not sure if I'll be making one, very little artwork has landed in my pm box so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X