No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: AT6/TSE2- I believe Julia's daughter is getting married this year, which I'm sure makes her schedule crazy busy. I'd guess that since AT6 was announced and TSE2 was not, it will be the next GABIT event. I could be totally wrong being a GABIT n00b and all. But that's where I'd put my money if I were a betting woman.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      Nad said the 'S' word!!!!!

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      got slam-tackled from behind by an out of control n00b on my last run down the mountain, so I am waiting for the motrin to kick in while Andi takes a last couple of runs. Conditions are horrid today- super icy. Ah well, win some, lose some. Home for dinner, at least.
      Ouch!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*huggles [b]Jumble[\b]* You are a good mom!

*huggles EH-T for bad news*

got slam-tackled from behind by an out of control n00b on my last run down the mountain, so I am waiting for the motrin to kick in while Andi takes a last couple of runs. Conditions are horrid today- super icy. Ah well, win some, lose some. Home for dinner, at least.
        That sounds so painful!
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*squishy huggles thread*

Sil: I think you may have seen my blog entry here, but if you email me (do you have my email? send me a pm with yours) I can forward you a text version of my lj con report.
          Thanks for this MoB! As I too am one of those without LJ it was great to read this! (and liked the title )
          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Julia (samcarterrules) has told the story behind how she got the giant teddy at AT5 here.

TISSUE WARNING!!!!!

Comment

Julia (samcarterrules) has told the story behind how she got the giant teddy at AT5 here.

TISSUE WARNING!!!!!
              Aww!

EDIT: Can I get away with ''silly'' after *that*?
              Last edited by DutchIndeed; 20 February 2011, 01:58 PM.
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Great. She reads about post con blues and sees people waving at her... Now she wants to help lift spirits.
                *gets pushed aside*

Hello WooWho's!

It's been a while since you have heard from me, but I'm still kicking it. I know Kung Fu.
                Let me start off by saying that trying to be a lady is a good thing. Dress up, make sure the hair looks good, always speak properly in public and then you can steal a bottle of wine and no one will even think it was you. I'll leave it up to you youngsters if I'm making a joke or not.

It was great to read about the con. I'm glad you youngsters had so much fun meeting Helen at 5. She seems like such a classy lady and she's about my age! Well, if you ask my knees that is...
                Nadine showed me Sanctuary and I think it's a very good show. I must admit that I'm a bit of a shipster as well. I normally don't go for bald men, but this time... Of course, if Helen was to look for a bloke around her age, chances are big that the hair has already left the scene. Heh. But as wise men say: ''Let's not dwell on hair, when love is in the air'' .

I even made some artwork in Wimp (which I love because it's free).

Spoiler:

...I think Helen and Olaf make a lovely couple.

In fact, <snipped>!
                (Nadine removed my quote about high tea and bratwurst. Prude that she is).

Also, I must say that eventhough I love Joe and Martin, and that I'm still happy that Juble (Capital J Juble) hooked me up with Carl, I think that Bob Kindler is quite the tasty little dish too. His wild ruly curls make me think of cornflakes in the morning.
                It led me to give my guinea pig a perm and call him Bob...

Well, WooWho's... That's it from me. I hope you'll continue to be silly and fun and, quite frankly, a tad scary. And to finish this letter with a quote from a famous movie (I think it's called ''Run Forrest''): ''Life is like a box of chocolates, you suck and lick and bite to get to the core of it, only to figure out that it's just nuts.''

Sincerely,
                The Lady on the Parkbench.

sigpic

Comment

D'aw, that Lady on the Parkbench

Just off to bed, but I've written up my AT5 report on my LJ: here. It's friends-locked too, so if you're not my friend on there let me know and I'll share it with you some other way
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

oh dear universe, I love the lady on the park bench!!!!!!

you neeeeeeeeeeed zis

*huggles Nad and thel ady on the park bench*

*huggles MoB for noob tackle*

Do we need a TSE2 mantra? I will send wom wom vibes to Vangroovy *wommmmmm wommmmmm*

I am hoping for a TSE2 or AT6 at the end of next year! That would be beautiful! I could come meet you all aftre graduating uni!!!

although...that is a long while for you beautiful humans to wait....nearly two years...

First day of uni today...i am representing the fundraising committee and I am delightfully covered in green (the committee is called Greenroom) i'm scaring first years left right and centre...
                    sigpic

Comment

Josi, beautiful write up on AT5. Well written and wonderfully structured. I love it. *squishes*
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*waves exhaustedly*

I'm home, finally. It was a rather epic trip and took over an hour to get off the mountain thanks to a tractor-trailer that flipped over a bridge about a mile down the highway from the mountain. I kid you not, the truck was backwards in a ditch with the cab hanging over the bridge by the whatever it is that holds the cab to the trailer. Scary. I've never seen anything like it. This was a HUGE truck too. 18 wheeler, to be sure.

Had a fangirl moment that didn't involve Martin or Amanda (shocking, I know!). In the car, Andi showed me an ad that Neko Case was going to be at a Barnes and Noble (book store) this week in NYC, so when we stopped at a Panera in Jersey on the way home because we were really, really hungry, I tweeted to Neko to ask what she'd be doing there... I got home and she tweeted me back. *dies* LOVE her. She's such a freaking awesome musician. /non ptb-fangirling

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        That sounds so painful!
                        It was/is! I'm RICE'ing my foot right now. But I think running tomorrow is out. *sigh*

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                        *squishy huggles thread*

Thanks for this MoB! As I too am one of those without LJ it was great to read this! (and liked the title )
                        I'm glad you like it (and the title!) Aveo! I think it fairly well captured how I felt about the weekend. It's actually one of my favorite things I've written in that blog along with last year's mothers day entry.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        <snip>
                        The Lady on the Parkbench.
                        Hee!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        D'aw, that Lady on the Parkbench

Just off to bed, but I've written up my AT5 report on my LJ: here. It's friends-locked too, so if you're not my friend on there let me know and I'll share it with you some other way
                        Oooh! *goes off to read*

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                        o

*huggles MoB for noob tackle*

Do we need a TSE2 mantra? I will send wom wom vibes to Vangroovy *wommmmmm wommmmmm*
                        Thanks Bekki! *huggles you back*

Definitely send the wom wom vibes to Vangroovy. I need them at Vangroovy more me as well as a hopeful TSE2 at some point.

*passes out*
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

It's SNOWING again. *sigh* (I will not be a negative nelly!)

So, watching Paradise Lost. Yummy stranded Jack. (I know, not a PTB, but still )
                          sigpic

Comment

*huggles all Woohoos* *waves to seven guests*
                            sigpic

Comment

*hugs for EH-T* I'm sorry there has been bad news.

As for it being some time before TSE2... I'm actually glad, I have time to save money!
                              Is AT6 definitely in 2012? I thought they hadn't decided definitely yet

GABIT could do it if the events were spaced well apart, surely? *clings to hope* More than a two year gap between TSE's wood be...... difficult to bear
                              Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              *bounces back in*

Well, I can report that I have spent the afternoon being terribly cultured and lady-like singing madrigals (and totally didn't crack up at a misprint on the alto line while they were trying to get a tricky bit together ), so there, all you who have been casting aspersions on my abilities in that respect

The naughty corner has wine and broccoli? Now there's no reason not to misbehave

*hugs*

And *hugs* to you too! Sorry about your bad news, but it was fabulous to spend time with you at AT5 as well
                              I mean, like at AT5, they said 'coming soon, AT6'... did they do that for a TSE2?

I genuinely don't know how it works, but I imagine it's a lot of hard work. But I can't see why they can't both happen in the same year. It wasn't a year between them this time, I think? I suppose it depends on their time :/

EDIT: *huggles* Just because we don't know when, doesn't mean it won't be. Live in hope.
                              No, but then you have to remember that it was the first one, and they had no idea that it wood be that successful so probably hadn't thought about the 'next' one.

It depends on so many things..... availability of the cast and crew for TSE2, availability of Amanda for AT6, when they're done shooting .... whatever they're shooting... what trips they've got planned (like the one to Tokyo), which other cons they're appearing at (ie ComicCon), etc etc etc...

It's not looking hopeful is it?

I'm sure they'll want to do another TSE, if only for the fact that the first one raised so much money for S4K, and really they all seemed to enjoy it so much......

Thinkpositivethinkpositivethinkpositive.........

There must be another one - Martin has to want to meet more of his WooHoos, right? And he has to want to see me again and give me another one of his AWESOME hugs, right?

*huggles [b]Jumble[\b]* You are a good mom!

*huggles EH-T for bad news*

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                              Huge MASSIVE HUGGS TO THE LADY ON THE PARKBEANCH!!! You're awesome!!!!

((((hugs)))))) Sorry for your bad news. It was so great meeting you, and hopefully we'll see each other again

AT6/TSE2
                              . I would much rather go to TSE2, but if it's all in the next year I would have to choose where I go And if they don't announce TSE2, and then latter on they decide to have it... I don't know what I would do... lol. As Jumble said, we could see Amanda and Martin! and of course the rest of the cast Plus I wanna go to Vancouver, so that would be great too.
                              re: AT6/TSE2- I believe Julia's daughter is getting married this year, which I'm sure makes her schedule crazy busy. I'd guess that since AT6 was announced and TSE2 was not, it will be the next GABIT event. I could be totally wrong being a GABIT n00b and all. But that's where I'd put my money if I were a betting woman.
                              Thanks everyone.

No dates for either TSE2 or AT6 have been announced although the usual gap between AT events is 15-18 months.

There are a lot of factors to consider. One is that the G4 do have lives beyond fandom so their family and jobs have to come first. There is a lot of work that goes into these events even though they have done them before so they need a break in between.

AT is also very busy with life and work and it is no small thing for her to take time away from her family to do these events. TSE is obviously easier but it still involves giving up a weekend with family. Keep in mind she works long hours during the week.

Another factor is the fandom. These events draw a lot of the same fans. As mentioned, many fans need a break in order to save up for the event. You don't want to go to the well too often. As wonderful and as generous as this group is, there are limits for everyone.

On the other hand, events like TSE really do need to strike while the iron is hot. Unfortunately, the show will not go on forever. Once it is done, some of the actors and TPTB will relocate in order to find work. Bringing the entire cast and TPTB together is likely only possible while the show is running. However, while doing TSE in Vancouver is great for the cast and crew, it is more difficult for Gabit as they have to make all the arrangments from a distance and give up a lot of holiday time to put on the event.

We will just have to wait and see what happens and, in the meantime, start saving so we can all meet again when the opportunity arises.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                We will just have to wait and see what happens and, in the meantime, start saving so we can all meet again when the opportunity arises.
                                Woohoo! Yes. This.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X